•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spurlock To Breathitt County???
Craze JACKET man Wrote:I’m taking Beechnut and everyone else can have the rest..
Beechwwod returns everyone!

Really, Yep, They will be in the hunt then for sure.
Ok so putting them over Mayfield may be a stretch. Same with LCA this year. I think you can argue within being 2 through 4 but I did say 2 to 3 so who knows. I feel like they matched up better against Mayfield than Somerset but LCA I don’t know. Either way, if they pile up transfers again like Spurlock they will have a shot. Somerset loses a ton. They have some back but they take a hit. Not sure what Mayfield loses or has coming back. I do know LCA will be better next year. They have one of the best young lines in the state. That means a ton in 2A.
Sounds like another year of good football in 2A, I don't know how it gets any better than this past year.
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:Kaiya sheron is a little overrated Dee Smith 1000% deserves that 2A player of the year not rlly even close imo but everyone is entitled to their own opinion I guess

So overrated he has a scholly offer from UK. Hmm. Gtfoh with that stuff. I’m not even a Somerset fan and that’s weak. Smith was a very very good WR no doubt at all. But to act like Sheron wasn’t good enough to be in the mention with Smith is just showing ignorance, now. I mean, he only led his team to their first ever state title in 117 years.
Bull got out! Wrote:Yeah, he really looked overrated on that last drive with no pressure lol in the championship game. Good Grief, Let the boy enjoy the time of his life with the greatest comeback of all time dude.:thatsfunn Well maybe that I have seen in person, ill say that. I thought it was awesome. JMO

I don’t rlly remember asking you but okay
BoyleCo Wrote:Ok so putting them over Mayfield may be a stretch. Same with LCA this year. I think you can argue within being 2 through 4 but I did say 2 to 3 so who knows. I feel like they matched up better against Mayfield than Somerset but LCA I don’t know. Either way, if they pile up transfers again like Spurlock they will have a shot. Somerset loses a ton. They have some back but they take a hit. Not sure what Mayfield loses or has coming back. I do know LCA will be better next year. They have one of the best young lines in the state. That means a ton in 2A.

Mayfield graduates 17. Somerset graduates 24. If Breathitt brings in 3 kids like they did last offseason then they will absolutely be competing for a region championship this year.
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:I don’t rlly remember asking you but okay

I don’t understand what you think made Sheron overrated. In his two games against LCA this year combined he was 24/36 for 447 yards with 3 td’s and 1 INT. Not to mention 21 carries for 147 yards and 4 td’s. Either the LCA defense wasn’t very good or Sheron is indeed worthy of being Class 2A player of the year.
WestCarterComet Wrote:Mayfield graduates 17. Somerset graduates 24. If Breathitt brings in 3 kids like they did last offseason then they will absolutely be competing for a region championship this year.

Trying to figure out the 3rd kid that was brought in. Collins is one came back to Breathitt, long transferred in, whose the third. Slaughter did leave but job brought his parents back. Weddle been at Breathitt since he was a sophomore lived out of state with mother and moved down to be with father. So whose the third transfer they got last year?
Highwayman82 Wrote:Trying to figure out the 3rd kid that was brought in. Collins is one came back to Breathitt, long transferred in, whose the third. Slaughter did leave but job brought his parents back. Weddle been at Breathitt since he was a sophomore lived out of state with mother and moved down to be with father. So whose the third transfer they got last year?

I was counting Weddle as the third transfer. Didn’t he transfer to Breathitt after his football season in Indiana ended?
Basically, Long was the only transfer who moved to Breathitt due to football. Weddle came to live with his father from Indiana and Collins was originally from Breathitt. Breathitt isn't known as a program who has recruited a lot of kids in the past. There have been transfers, but it was never a regular occurrence.
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:They won't be in the conversation everybody in the state knows they will lose in the semi finals again when they finally play someone good

If you can make it to the semi-finals, then you are in the conversation.
Cat Daddy Wrote:If you can make it to the semi-finals, then you are in the conversation.
Did you actually think Breathitt had a chance at beating somerset this year?
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:Did you actually think Breathitt had a chance at beating somerset this year?

I thought they had a chance, but Somerset was the overwhelming favorite. I picked Somerset, but at the end of the day, you always have a chance.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I thought they had a chance, but Somerset was the overwhelming favorite. I picked Somerset, but at the end of the day, you always have a chance.
So technically Shawnee has a chance to win state next year?
Cat Daddy Wrote:Basically, Long was the only transfer who moved to Breathitt due to football. Weddle came to live with his father from Indiana and Collins was originally from Breathitt. Breathitt isn't known as a program who has recruited a lot of kids in the past. There have been transfers, but it was never a regular occurrence.

But now with the rumor of Spurlock transferring, it seems like Breathitt is becoming a school that can land a transfer or two a year.
I heard Farler is leaving Leslie as well. He was on the field wide open all season long and they did not give him the ball. It’s crazy coaches would not play this kid with the talent he has! I saw him myself in some of the games I attended wide open in the end zone and still no pass! I wouldn’t be surprised if you don’t see him at Somerset next season. Spurlock is also their other best player on the field and he was not played to his potential either. I’m pretty sure he and Farler both played for Team Kentucky. Will be bad for Leslie if they lose these two for surezzzz! Spurlock should have been their running back to begin with.
WestCarterComet Wrote:But now with the rumor of Spurlock transferring, it seems like Breathitt is becoming a school that can land a transfer or two a year.
What’s there to like about Breathitt that you can’t get at any other school
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:What’s there to like about Breathitt that you can’t get at any other school

I don’t have any idea honestly. IMO if they don’t get anyone to transfer in there this year they will not be a top 5 team in the class.
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:I don’t rlly remember asking you but okay

You didn't have to ask, I give my opinion lol, I can give my opinion just as you did. I saw the kid play against us at Corbin, I came and watched the Breathitt County game, I came and watched the championship game vs Mayfield. He played outstanding in all those games against quality opponents. As I like to say, He is the real deal Holyfield. I told some fans after the Corbin game I thought they could win it all in 2A, wow, good job Somerset, I still cant believe how it played out. Awesome, I cant wait for my Redhounds to do the same in 2020.:welcome: As far as spurlock, I actually heard from a friend that this kid was looking to make a move while I was watching the championship game on Saturday, so the rumor was apparently true I guess.
Bull got out! Wrote:You didn't have to ask, I give my opinion lol, I can give my opinion just as you did. I saw the kid play against us at Corbin, I came and watched the Breathitt County game, I came and watched the championship game vs Mayfield. He played outstanding in all those games against quality opponents. As I like to say, He is the real deal Holyfield. I told some fans after the Corbin game I thought they could win it all in 2A, wow, good job Somerset, I still cant believe how it played out. Awesome, I cant wait for my Redhounds to do the same in 2020.:welcome: As far as spurlock, I actually heard from a friend that this kid was looking to make a move while I was watching the championship game on Saturday, so the rumor was apparently true I guess.

I’ve never seen Sheron play in person but looking at his stats against real quality teams, the kid seems legit. Adding 2A player of the year and a championship at the end of the year solidified just how legitimate he was this season IMO.
WestCarterComet Wrote:I’ve never seen Sheron play in person but looking at his stats against real quality teams, the kid seems legit. Adding 2A player of the year and a championship at the end of the year solidified just how legitimate he was this season IMO.

My opinion is this, he has a cannon of a arm. He is very accurate. We battled them down to the wire. Somerset won. I remember saying, stop #7 and who was getting him the ball. We couldn't and they won. A very good ball game, kinda like the game against Mayfield. Just when you think you have won, bam. He leads his team down the field. Nice QB. I thought Kade Grundy didn't get enough credit either. He is as good as I have seen. Oh yeah, and they have another year. Shew. :rockon:
Bull got out! Wrote:My opinion is this, he has a cannon of a arm. He is very accurate. We battled them down to the wire. Somerset won. I remember saying, stop #7 and who was getting him the ball. We couldn't and they won. A very good ball game, kinda like the game against Mayfield. Just when you think you have won, bam. He leads his team down the field. Nice QB. I thought Kade Grundy didn't get enough credit either. He is as good as I have seen. Oh yeah, and they have another year. Shew. :rockon:

The numbers those two put up were incredible. I am picking Somerset to win the title as of now just because they return those two.
WestCarterComet Wrote:The numbers those two put up were incredible. I am picking Somerset to win the title as of now just because they return those two.

Its looking like 2A will have Beechwood, Mayfield, LCA, Somerset, and Breathitt again looking to be there. I think last year, no doubt, Mayfield, LCA and Somerset was the teams and the scores backed it up. 2020 shouldn't be any different sounds like. A lot of good games again. Cant wait.
Bull got out! Wrote:Its looking like 2A will have Beechwood, Mayfield, LCA, Somerset, and Breathitt again looking to be there. I think last year, no doubt, Mayfield, LCA and Somerset was the teams and the scores backed it up. 2020 shouldn't be any different sounds like. A lot of good games again. Cant wait.

I will agree with you on Beechwood, LCA, Mayfield, and Somerset. However, with all Breathitt lost from last years team I just don’t see them being near the same level as those 4 teams.
WestCarterComet Wrote:I will agree with you on Beechwood, LCA, Mayfield, and Somerset. However, with all Breathitt lost from last years team I just don’t see them being near the same level as those 4 teams.

Breathitt has a straight shot to do what they did this year and if they are getting players like they did last year, anything's possible, but you are probably right. I will give them credit. They played hard against Somerset, had some opportunities, but Somerset was just too strong, too good of a team.
Bull got out! Wrote:Breathitt has a straight shot to do what they did this year and if they are getting players like they did last year, anything's possible, but you are probably right. I will give them credit. They played hard against Somerset, had some opportunities, but Somerset was just too strong, too good of a team.

If Breathitt doesn’t add any transfers I just don’t see them being near what they were this season. I wouldn’t say they have a straight shot to the semifinals either if they don’t pull any nice transfers in. Truthfully, Collins was their entire offense with a little bit of slaughter sprinkled in.
You are probably right, hard to find athletes like Collins, I don't follow 2a like I do 4a. Ill take your word on it.
Bull got out! Wrote:You are probably right, hard to find athletes like Collins, I don't follow 2a like I do 4a. Ill take your word on it.

Collins was the best back in 2A. Hard to imagine them having anything that will be close to replacing his production/efficiency.
I got to see it in the Somerset game, he ran extremely hard. Very good back. Explosive. Yep he looked tuff. I have read some good things about him that pops up here and there on here.
2A is going to be interesting next year that’s for sure. Especially if Spurlock transfers
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next