Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Change Rumors
What are some rumors that you are hearing as far as possible coaching changes?
Obviously, the great white whale of rumors is that Chuck Smith may be leaving Boyle County. The rumor associated with that is his son Brandon may being leaving South Warren and going home to replace him at Boyle County. My question, is this really a step up or a lateral step at best for Brandon? Many factors go into making a decision like this. If I were in his shoes, I think I would stay put.
Westside Wrote:Obviously, the great white whale of rumors is that Chuck Smith may be leaving Boyle County. The rumor associated with that is his son Brandon may being leaving South Warren and going home to replace him at Boyle County. My question, is this really a step up or a lateral step at best for Brandon? Many factors go into making a decision like this. If I were in his shoes, I think I would stay put.
I was thinking the same this morning when a name came out. I don’t know what kind of facility they have at warren but they seem to have a good program. Boyle will probably be a step up in support and possibly facilities. But the talent around him there and that situation is almost a push for me compared to Boyle in future years to come.

I don’t know if I’d stay put, if you gave me the option to come home and coach at a place like Boyle. At worst it’s a even lateral transfer for him. At best, we’ll we’ve seen how good they can be when they have talent.
Hound05 Wrote:I was thinking the same this morning when a name came out. I don’t know what kind of facility they have at warren but they seem to have a good program. Boyle will probably be a step up in support and possibly facilities. But the talent around him there and that situation is almost a push for me compared to Boyle in future years to come.

I don’t know if I’d stay put, if you gave me the option to come home and coach at a place like Boyle. At worst it’s a even lateral transfer for him. At best, we’ll we’ve seen how good they can be when they have talent.

I guess another factor is 5A is a beast.
Westside Wrote:I guess another factor is 5A is a beast.
Yea it will be. The teams at the very top are vicious. But 4A the next few years won’t be a cake walk for him. Especially with what all they’ve lost. Which to me, their OC cost them a couple games the last two years. What we did to them on defense last year wasn’t hard to figure out, apparently is was for him I guess. And JC almost done the same exact thing. Not as good in my opinion, but did better on offense.
Well there's Canady from PCC, that isn't a rumor. His replacement left Hazard high and dry. As long as we're talking rumors, I "heard" Hazard contacted Haddix, but he wasn't interested.

The coach going to Boyle will be leaving a position that will need to be filled.
Westside Wrote:Obviously, the great white whale of rumors is that Chuck Smith may be leaving Boyle County. The rumor associated with that is his son Brandon may being leaving South Warren and going home to replace him at Boyle County. My question, is this really a step up or a lateral step at best for Brandon? Many factors go into making a decision like this. If I were in his shoes, I think I would stay put.

He’s a Boyle Alum. Why wouldn’t he want to go home?
Westside Wrote:I guess another factor is 5A is a beast.

And he won a title in 5A two seasons ago.
Granny Bear Wrote:Well there's Canady from PCC, that isn't a rumor. His replacement left Hazard high and dry. As long as we're talking rumors, I "heard" Hazard contacted Haddix, but he wasn't interested.

The coach going to Boyle will be leaving a position that will need to be filled.
Pretty sure they did. But outside of coaching they have a good set up here. Regarding coaching. You have 2 amazing classes coming up and several solid behind them. This senior class he has now isn’t world beaters but the underclass men can fill those voids.
Hatz Wrote:He’s a Boyle Alum. Why wouldn’t he want to go home?

Not everyone want to go home. Aside from football I would prefer living in Warren County vs Boyle County.
Hatz Wrote:And he won a title in 5A two seasons ago.

And?
While this is in no way a rumor or even a grumbling, I feel like Dudley's current stint at Bell Co has one single true motivation behind it and that is to rebuild it and hand it over to his son in the 3-5 years. Total unevidenced speculation on my part but it's a feeling I get.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:While this is in no way a rumor or even a grumbling, I feel like Dudley's current stint at Bell Co has one single true motivation behind it and that is to rebuild it and hand it over to his son in the 3-5 years. Total unevidenced speculation on my part but it's a feeling I get.

I never thought of that, but it does make sense.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:While this is in no way a rumor or even a grumbling, I feel like Dudley's current stint at Bell Co has one single true motivation behind it and that is to rebuild it and hand it over to his son in the 3-5 years. Total unevidenced speculation on my part but it's a feeling I get.

Only if his son lets him keep the gate and concession stand money...
Cov Caths Coach is being persuded by Cincy Moeller.
plantmanky Wrote:Cov Caths Coach is being persuded by Cincy Moeller.

Big time job there
Westside Wrote:What are some rumors that you are hearing as far as possible coaching changes?

Any truth Landis back to EKU? Heard that from a few FD fans at the game Saturday night. Kind of would make since, not real sure but were he coached college for all them years, he probably will never get his years in for public school retirement I wouldn't think.

I live very near Covington Catholic, and have dozens of friends in their community, and more importantly, the best man of my wedding is a member of the administration at Moeller, and other than random message board mindless spewing, neither school has any belief that Eviston will be coaching anywhere in Cincinnati next year. Any other randomized belief is utter and total nonsense.
West Jessamine is open. Can that cause any changes in central Kentucky? Would Smith retire off a state final loss? Doubtful. He would likely want to retire a winner before letting his son takeover. Seems calm down south. Haddix will stay at Corbin. No head coach will make the move to hazard but will an assistant? Lots of questions

Not no where near a reliable source, but I have heard this very thing. And it would make perfect since, in my opinion.

Papa Dudley gets the program back on track, which seems to me he's already done after bringing the Bobcats back to life; and they just had an outstanding undefeated regular season capped off with a 3A State Championship game appearance.

Hand over the reigns to Jr. and he could still be close to the program through his son so he wouldn't be entirely out of the picture and it wouldn't be nearly as stressful on the old man. Question is, would the Bell County faithful want this? If so, why?

Just someone from the outside wanting to know what you fine folks from Bell County think about this scenario.
UCfan1 Wrote:West Jessamine is open. Can that cause any changes in central Kentucky? Would Smith retire off a state final loss? Doubtful. He would likely want to retire a winner before letting his son takeover. Seems calm down south. Haddix will stay at Corbin. No head coach will make the move to hazard but will an assistant? Lots of questions
No disrespect to Boyle. They’ve got an amazing program. But their chances to win a title were this year and last. With what I’ve heard JC had coming up and what I know corbin does, it’s a very low probability he retires with a title. Unless he coaches for another 4 years or so. As many as he has, I don’t personally think that’s a factor for him. The greats go when they go. No one really remembers a coaches legacy with what they did in their last year as much as a complete history of what they did.
I have heard from several but do not have proof if Haddix does leave Corbin they are already courting his replacement. They have a Ace in the hole with Larry French. I personally hope French stays at Middlesboro. He has done an unbelievable there in one year. I guess Corbin would like to land the 5th all time winning coach in the state, but hope they don't get him.
watcher Wrote:I have heard from several but do not have proof if Haddix does leave Corbin they are already courting his replacement. They have a Ace in the hole with Larry French. I personally hope French stays at Middlesboro. He has done an unbelievable there in one year. I guess Corbin would like to land the 5th all time winning coach in the state, but hope they don't get him.

Fake news, no one is expecting Coach Haddix to leave, nobody is courting anyone... nothing but respect for Coach French but he wouldn’t be the first call made if Haddix did leave...
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Big time job there

Aside from the prestige being the HC at a big time program, can they offer more money, perks, or other incentives that he doesn’t already have??
watcher Wrote:I have heard from several but do not have proof if Haddix does leave Corbin they are already courting his replacement. They have a Ace in the hole with Larry French. I personally hope French stays at Middlesboro. He has done an unbelievable there in one year. I guess Corbin would like to land the 5th all time winning coach in the state, but hope they don't get him.

I honestly think he was real close to being our DC this year believe it or not....
Hound05 Wrote:I honestly think he was real close to being our DC this year believe it or not....

omg the Christmas’s you’ve just ruined and the argument that’s getting ready to start...I’m outta here your on your own...:yikes::lmao:
single shot Wrote:Only if his son lets him keep the gate and concession stand money...
you guys must be in the vending business the way you are obsessed with Dudley. Was it you that I saw filling the gumball machines at David's Steakhouse?lol
Hound05 Wrote:I honestly think he was real close to being our DC this year believe it or not....

You sure about that?
goBIGblue82 Wrote:You sure about that?

No sorry. It was early this morning. Like we discussed already. I meant Blair but was thinking of French haha. Blair was close to being DC.
Hound05 Wrote:No sorry. It was early this morning. Like we discussed already. I meant Blair but was thinking of French haha. Blair was close to being DC.

You should have left it at a pm, would’ve livened the board up, prolly sent Dudley back in the stands...Confusednicker: