•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 4 A Championship Johnson County Central 21 Boyle Co 20
Hound05 Wrote:I wouldn’t say either team played perfect. But I listened and didn’t see, so my opinion isn’t very insightful haha.

The FG at the end, all I can think of is, he is young and just missed an XP not too long before that.

What did you hear that wasn't perfect for Johnson Central? No turnovers, only 1 penalty, good adjustments, no missed extra points. Boyle got some yards, but it's hard to find anything JC did wrong.
Hound05 Wrote:I wouldn’t say either team played perfect. But I listened and didn’t see, so my opinion isn’t very insightful haha.

The FG at the end, all I can think of is, he is young and just missed an XP not too long before that.

You’re also kicking on college uprights, considerably narrower than normal HS posts. I know JC put together a replica of those posts size-wise to practice kicking on all week. I imagine that may have been a factor.
Hell yeah, hell yeah, hell yeah.
Man what a game! It was a great one. JC played almost a perfect game and Boyle well they played about like they did against Corbin last year. To even be in the game after 5 turnovers impressed me. If you would have told me one team would have had 5 turnovers I would have told you it would be a blowout. Congrats to JC for winning a state championship and to Boyle keep rolling and strive to get back there.
Congrats to JC and Merry Christmas.
Congrats JC. I think all of us from the mountains were cheering you on in this one!
know1 Wrote:What did you hear that wasn't perfect for Johnson Central? No turnovers, only 1 penalty, good adjustments, no missed extra points. Boyle got some yards, but it's hard to find anything JC did wrong.

Doesn’t mean they played a perfect game. Blown assignments, etc. they were better than Boyle, but they didn’t play perfect, no one ever does.
21 Dylan Preston was the best player on the field tonight. I don’t care what anyone says nor where anyone else is going to college. If you a college coach that watch that game I just don’t know how you could not want him on team.
1. Didn’t people say Boyle “hands down” had the best special teams unit and kicker?

2. Does this mean JC is the best team in the state? Could for sure beat Trinity, Cov Cath, and anyone else?

Loveeeeee seeing teams be humbled. Great win JC!
FootballFan1999 Wrote:1. Didn’t people say Boyle “hands down” had the best special teams unit and kicker?

2. Does this mean JC is the best team in the state? Could for sure beat Trinity, Cov Cath, and anyone else?

You didn’t see a team get humbled you seen some adults get humbled. Don’t think for a minute that the Boyle players thought they would just walk in and show up and win.
Congrats JC. Another great game. Listened on my way back towards Mayfield.
I said Boyle would win.... Congrats JC. That was HUGE. Hard nosed physical football dominated the finals so far.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:1. Didn’t people say Boyle “hands down” had the best special teams unit and kicker?

With all do respect. Coming from an unbiased fan, Boyle still has the best kicker. One XP doesn’t define a kid. He’s the best kicker in ky. If someone is better please tell me so I can watch his film. TIA
Then why didn't they let him kick it for the win?
Congratulations Johnson Central you played almost a perfect game and you deserved to win the 4A title!!!
know1 Wrote:Then why didn't they let him kick it for the win?

That’s what I’ve been asking, 45 yds is well within his range.
I hate to put it on one kid, the kicker in this instance. But if he is the best kicker in the state, why not kick it? Cincinnati LaSalle has a kicker going to Ohio State and he hit a 38 yarder and 43 yarder. Won the game by 17. If you have the weapon you use it.

Bingo.id say partly because the missed XP. Partly because of arrogance by BC.

You know that’s a question I can’t answer. Smith was outcoached again, at least to me. But I’ve watched this kid in person hit 50 yarders in 8th grade. He has the range and accuracy, so I don’t know?
Hound05 Wrote:Doesn’t mean they played a perfect game. Blown assignments, etc. they were better than Boyle, but they didn’t play perfect, no one ever does.

Again, tell me why you think they didn't play a perfect game.
Maybe he had More faith in smith? Maybe his ego wouldn’t let him? Maybe he thought it’s to much pressure for a 15 yr old?
bstevie74 Wrote:I hate to put it on one kid, the kicker in this instance. But if he is the best kicker in the state, why not kick it? Cincinnati LaSalle has a kicker going to Ohio State and he hit a 38 yarder and 43 yarder. Won the game by 17. If you have the weapon you use it.

Jackson Smith kicked 50 yard plus field goals against Corbin in a middle school title game 45 yds is well within his range and believe me there’s a lot of Boyle fans wanting to know why they didn’t try a field goal.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Yep.....leave it to a smart mouthed, central Kentucky educator to fully galvanize an entire region. I know this Belfry Pirate and all of Pond Creek Nation was pulling hard for the Golden Eagles.🏈🏈🏈👍🏼

congratulations! Matney gets #2.

Somerset was rooting for y'all to. Just so tired of the arrogance displayed by a couple of fanbases (really just one or two Boyle County fans, most of them are cool)on here. They might have more championships, but today belongs to the Jumpers and Eagles.
But just because he wasn’t used doesn’t negate the facts of it all. He is unanimously ranked by the experts as #1 in Kentucky. Anyone who has ever seen him agrees. But it’s all irrelevant now, because JC had the better TEAM.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Make that 4. There are Mountains in Pulaski County...I’ve seen them myself...😂 Welcome to Kroger Holler!!!

We've always claimed to be a mountain team even though the mountains haven't always wanted to claim the Jumpers.
So proud of our kids. It was an awesome experience to see our program win it’s second state title.
Walt Longmire Wrote:We've always claimed to be a mountain team even though the mountains haven't always wanted to claim the Jumpers.

I included Somerset and the Pulaski schools in my rankings of mountain schools a few weeks ago and got yelled at. This Belfry fan accepts you :-).
know1 Wrote:Again, tell me why you think they didn't play a perfect game.

Ok... did Boyle score? Someone got beat on the play. Did JC complete every pass? Did they ever get sacked or TFL? Someone missed their block and assignment. Their 3rd down percentage wasn’t very good at all. Far from a perfect game by JC.

I don’t really understand where this is coming from. If you’re trying to justify Boyle losing, trying to imply that they had to be exactly perfect to win? I don’t know. They made mistakes. No one plays a perfect game. They just played better than Boyle, so therefore was the better team. Like I said, no one plays perfect.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Somerset was rooting for y'all to. Just so tired of the arrogance displayed by a couple of fanbases on here. They might have more championships, but today belongs to the Jumpers and Eagles.

It only takes a couple to ruin it for an entire fan base, every one remembers the couple ass clowns but never the ones like Hatz, Jack Lambert, etc that have been on here consistently showing class even after losing...congrats to the Eagles and the Jumpers ( I’ll admit never thought you all had anything for Mayfield)...What a day of football definitely wish I’d made the trip to Lexington to watch these two games, they’ll be talked about years from now...
know1 Wrote:Johnson Central was a very good team as expected. They pretty much played a perfect game. Boyle was much less perfect with the turnovers and missed extra point. The better team won.

Still not sure why Boyle didn't at least attempt the field goal but I don't think it was a clear cut decision by any means.

If you think Johnson Central played a perfect game, then you know absolutely nothing about them. I asked in the prediction thread if Boyle County had some players hurt last year for them not to win 3A, or did they get that much better for all of the predictions for them to win 4A. I thought it was a legit question. Most of the replies were that they got that much better since last year. Hell some even tried saying they were the best team in the state, all classes. Both teams made mistakes that I’m sure were very uncharacteristic, I know some of JC’s were. To say JC pretty much played a perfect game and Boyle didn’t is pretty much a slap in the face to the program that just made their 5th straight Finals appearance.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next