Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post of the Year 2019
I know its premature but I'm thinking we have a winner. Somehow the JC v. Boyle game has become a combat sport and I personally love it:

Quote Pulp Fiction
This game has the feel of a heavyweight MMA or Boxing title match.

Two prior champions with Knockout power in either hand and they both have ability to land a quick submission hold.

Do not leave this game in the hands of the judges, do not let this fight go the full 12 rounds....... get the 1st round KO or TKO. Make their corner throw in the towel, have the ringside doctor stop the fight.

Three penalties (a holding call when JC has the ball on the Nutter field house end zone side, then having an INT. returned for a TD & a Kickoff return for a TD called back on penalties) cost JC the 4A state title last year vs. Franklin-Simpson.
Quote Hound05
Two champion boxers but different. Neither corner is gonna throw the towel in on this one. It’s just not in their blood.

One boxer uses its strength to consistently land body blows to break the opponent down, hoping they’ll lower their guard so they can land a killer hit.

The other relies on its speed to keep getting quick hitters. Has multiple combos it can throw against an opponent, and like the first landing a knockout when the opponent lets his guard down.

Lucky for us fans, this one can’t be decided by the judges and at the end the score card will show who the champ is.
Good breakdown of the fighters.

My comparisons

Johnson Central
Boxer - Mid-Late 80's Iron Mike Tyson. Vicious KO power that can come from out of nowhere & a defense that will have you swinging at air.
MMA Fighter - Mid 00's Anderson Silva. World Class Muay Thai striking and a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Anderson had some of the best body striking using his knees from the clinch that the MMA world has ever seen.

Boyle County
Boxer - Sugar Ray Leonard. KO'ing people with overwhelming speed & power. Can hit you about 5 times before you realize you are in a fight.
MMA Fighter - Mid 00's Georges St. Pierre. Crazy Athletic & can win by KO or submission.

When I said not to leave this in the hands off the judges... I was implying not to let this game come down to needing a field goal to win or needing a TD to win by having to have a 90+ yard drive.