Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Dixon to Perry County Central
Mark Dixon is headed across town to Perry County Central.
Congratulations to Coach Dixon. I hope they will give you choice of staff and support you in every way.
Why would he leave Hazard for Perry? Coming from an outsider
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Good luck coach Dixon :worthy:
Spud6 Wrote:Why would he leave Hazard for Perry? Coming from an outsider

I mean it is so obvious I hate that I even have to say it. I mean the simplest of minds can clearly, crystal clearly see that the reason to leave Hazard is abundantly obvious. Pikeville.
2000PHS Wrote:I mean it is so obvious I hate that I even have to say it. I mean the simplest of minds can clearly, crystal clearly see that the reason to leave Hazard is abundantly obvious. Pikeville.

Although that may be true. I don’t think that’s the case here. How longs he been at Hazard?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I have no earthly clue as to why he left Hazard for Perry, but I wonder how much facilities played a role into the decision? Of all the traditional football powerhouses in EKY, Hazard may have the worst facility at this point.
Spud6 Wrote:Although that may be true. I don’t think that’s the case here. How longs he been at Hazard?

I doubt it had a single thing to do with it. I was joking about Pikeville. My guess is more money and sometimes coaches just need a new start/ new challenge.
2000PHS Wrote:I mean it is so obvious I hate that I even have to say it. I mean the simplest of minds can clearly, crystal clearly see that the reason to leave Hazard is abundantly obvious. Pikeville.

:biglmao: to get Johnson Central. I don't think so. :biglmao:
The most obvious reason to me is $$$,$$$$.$$
Perry would pay more than Hazard? An independent school that always has a decent football program and has won a state championship. Doesn’t make sense to me
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Perry would pay more than Hazard? An independent school that always has a decent football program and has won a state championship. Doesn’t make sense to me

Look at Johnson Central. They had won exactly nothing prior to Matney. They paid him and the rest is history.
2000PHS Wrote:Look at Johnson Central. They had won exactly nothing prior to Matney. They paid him and the rest is history.

Fair point
#BBFL

He’s a fool. Now he gets to put up with Johnson Central. I woulda took my chances with Pikeville.
Redneck Wrote:He’s a fool. Now he gets to put up with Johnson Central. I woulda took my chances with Pikeville.

Obviously a very tall task. However, Dixon is now at a much larger school and theoretically more talent to draw from. If he can get them (in 4A) to the level Hazard was in 1A, It will be a great success.

Leave 1A with Pikeville, for 4A Boyle, Johnson Central, Corbin, Wayne, Central, Franklin Simpson, Anderson, sorry not seeing it...
single shot Wrote:Leave 1A with Pikeville, for 4A Boyle, Johnson Central, Corbin, Wayne, Central, Franklin Simpson, Anderson, sorry not seeing it...

Can the programmers add a button to push when I am laying down heavy sarcasm!!??
2000PHS Wrote:Can the programmers add a button to push when I am laying down heavy sarcasm!!??

Unfortunately. Nope. We have looked into it plenty of times
#BBFL
Why leave Hazard for PCC.
mysonis55 Wrote:Why leave Hazard for PCC.

That seems to be the big question everyone is looking for 55.
#BBFL
mysonis55 Wrote:Why leave Hazard for PCC.

I don’t want to sound like a broken record but look at Jim Matney. He left a very successful program at Sheldon Clark to take over a program that is probably similar to where PCC is now. Good coaches can build successful programs.

I’m also assuming he is being paid more and gets whatever other perks he wanted. Plus Hazard has a great playing surface and absolutely nothing else as far as facilities go.
2000PHS Wrote:I don’t want to sound like a broken record but look at Jim Matney. He left a very successful program at Sheldon Clark to take over a program that is probably similar to where PCC is now. Good coaches can build successful programs.

I’m also assuming he is being paid more and gets whatever other perks he wanted. Plus Hazard has a great playing surface and absolutely nothing else as far as facilities go.

I see what your saying but it’s hard to get some people to realize that there are other sports besides basketball, I’m not saying he can’t do at Perry what Matney’s done at JC but I’m gonna have to see it...
surprising.

Bull Butter. He'd rather have to beat Johnson Central? Confusednicker:
2000PHS Wrote:I doubt it had a single thing to do with it. I was joking about Pikeville. My guess is more money and sometimes coaches just need a new start/ new challenge.

money was the only word that need to be said. lol. What made Perry Central want to spend it? A bus load of athletes from Harlem coming to town?
single shot Wrote:Leave 1A with Pikeville, for 4A Boyle, Johnson Central, Corbin, Wayne, Central, Franklin Simpson, Anderson, sorry not seeing it...
You should have stopped before you got to Anderson. lol
2000PHS Wrote:Can the programmers add a button to push when I am laying down heavy sarcasm!!??
You must be my cousin.
So where does Hazard go from here? I would think Hazard would be a position someone would leave where they're currently at to go to.
Spud6 Wrote:Why would he leave Hazard for Perry? Coming from an outsider

Isn't his brother the new AD at Perry?
I’m sure money was a big factor. But, there’s more to this story that I’m sure will come to light. Got a theory and I want to see if I’m right...
To hear most PCC fans tell it, most of Hazards players come from Perry. If true, maybe those kids will stay at Perry in the future, and the ones walking the hallways not playing will come out to play.