Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So have you ever seen....
1. A game go 4 quarters and end up 0-0 into overtime?

2. Neither team threaten the red zone so to speak?

Belfry and DeSales battled to a 0-0 tie in regulation with neither team cracking the other team’s 25 yard line. DeSales got to the Belfry 28 or 29 after a Belfry fumble, but two plays later they gave it right back.
I remember Corbin and Russell County have a 2-0 game once where everything else is true just one got a safety. Think it was around 01 or 02.
We had one close to that once. 1997 in the third round of the playoffs against Murray. It was a very sloppy field. Murray ran the opening kickoff back for a touchdown. Then both teams settled into not being able to do anything. Mayfield could move the ball great until they got to about the 20 or so. The, they fumbled every time. The game ended with just that one touchdown.
bucslover68 Wrote:1. A game go 4 quarters and end up 0-0 into overtime?

2. Neither team threaten the red zone so to speak?

Belfry and DeSales battled to a 0-0 tie in regulation with neither team cracking the other team’s 25 yard line. DeSales got to the Belfry 28 or 29 after a Belfry fumble, but two plays later they gave it right back.

In the old days. Confusednicker:

1979. Boyle County 6 Harrodsburg 0. Overtime. Muddy terrible field conditions.
fridaynightfights Wrote:I remember Corbin and Russell County have a 2-0 game once where everything else is true just one got a safety. Think it was around 01 or 02.

Yes that game was a classic. The safety we got to win the game came off a punt thag was muffed I believe. I can’t remember if we got in the end zone. This game was in 2001 I believe
Reminded me a lot of Belfry v Bell in 95 playoffs. No score until about 30 seconds left in the game when Belfry scores on a 30 yard TD pass across the middle of the field.
Jenkins has had some low score games this year.
WETSU Wrote:Jenkins has had some low score games this year.

Bunch of 0-1 scores huh
That team called Bye never scores or gets scored on always 0-0 as a matter of fact 55 Mayfield played them this year and the score was 0-0
BoondockSaint Wrote:Reminded me a lot of Belfry v Bell in 95 playoffs. No score until about 30 seconds left in the game when Belfry scores on a 30 yard TD pass across the middle of the field.

You must be mistaken...... you mean a 30 yard run? Belfry doesn’t pass haha
Hound05 Wrote:You must be mistaken...... you mean a 30 yard run? Belfry doesn’t pass haha

We tend to surprise at times.
The high school my boys attend had a 4-0 lead at one point in the first quarter during a game this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hound05 Wrote:You must be mistaken...... you mean a 30 yard run? Belfry doesn’t pass haha

We did that one time back in 95 Lol
1981. Williamsburg 8 Knox Central 0 in 1 OT.
I believe Rockcastle County beat Corbin 2-0 once around 15-20 years ago.
Jarons Wrote:The high school my boys attend had a 4-0 lead at one point in the first quarter during a game this year.

I remember a 3-0 game we both played in Jar hahah
I was at that game, it was a dandy. Some of the best line play I’ve ever seen. Both teams were very physical and had big strong lines.
Yes. 8 other times to be exact.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I remember a 3-0 game we both played in Jar hahah

I remember that game well. One of the best games I have ever been a part of.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Real Badman Wrote:Yes. 8 other times to be exact.

Dang! That's more than I would have ever expected. All high school games? What teams?