Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on RPI?
So now that the finals have been set, what are your thoughts on the rpi system? Do you feel it got the best 2 teams from each class playing next weekend? I believe it has. Shouldn't be any running clocks at Kroger field next week. Please don't complain about it because your team got beat first round because they were in a tough district. Ultimately, the rpi has done what it was designed to do in my opinion.
Belfry got screwed imo...
DeSales too their game should have been at Commonwealth imo...
I think 3a is the only class you can argue. Desales and Belfry I think are 1 and 2 but bell is a close 3rd. Someone had to be the odd man out. Every other class worked out for the best I feel.
How belfry get screwed... you won an your state championship
Got some great matchups.
Love it... best teams are playing for the state title
BellCOUNTYfaithfull Wrote:How belfry get screwed... you won an your state championship

I think he’s saying Belfry got screwed having to travel to Desales when arguably they’re probably a better team then Bell and obviously didn’t have as much of a cupcake schedule.
single shot Wrote:DeSales too their game should have been at Commonwealth imo...

We will find out next Friday if your right or wrong. But a bell belfry match up in the state game is set up for a classic
A-Block Wrote:I think he’s saying Belfry got screwed having to travel to Desales when arguably they’re probably a better team then Bell and obviously didn’t have as much of a cupcake schedule.

Bell use to go Louisville central every other year never complain i guess play to the rpi don’t play out state team
BellCOUNTYfaithfull Wrote:Bell use to go Louisville central every other year never complain i guess play to the rpi don’t play out state team

We will see Friday night. Should be fun.

Let me say this, Log Mountain has deserved a team like this for a LONG time.
Should be sum ol school football
Objective Wrote:We will find out next Friday if your right or wrong. But a bell belfry match up in the state game is set up for a classic

Think what you want Belfry is gonna win this one going away...They have the coach plus the athletes they’ll win by at lest 3 scores possibly more, you’re finally gonna meet a team that has the athleticism to match up...
A-Block Wrote:I think he’s saying Belfry got screwed having to travel to Desales when arguably they’re probably a better team then Bell and obviously didn’t have as much of a cupcake schedule.

Yep Belfry and DeSales played the championship game tonight pretty much...obviously the Pirates still gotta show up Friday night but.....
single shot Wrote:Think what you want Belfry is gonna win this one going away...They have the coach plus the athletes they’ll win by at lest 3 scores possibly more, you’re finally gonna meet a team that has the athleticism to match up...

lol... so mad you can’t stand it .. love seeing the puppies fans hurt

as for the post yes the best teams are in the championship .. hell of a weekend will be happening
single shot Wrote:Think what you want Belfry is gonna win this one going away...They have the coach plus the athletes they’ll win by at lest 3 scores possibly more, you’re finally gonna meet a team that has the athleticism to match up...

We will think what we want, if you think Dudley can’t coach you are a fool, and if you’ve not actually seen Bell don’t be so sure you have the athleticism to win by three scores. Belfry very well can win this game and may even be the favorite, but neither team is getting blown out.
single shot Wrote:Yep Belfry and DeSales played the championship game tonight pretty much...obviously the Pirates still gotta show up Friday night but.....

Well heck, I guess we just won't show up then
WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:lol... so mad you can’t stand it .. love seeing the puppies fans hurt

as for the post yes the best teams are in the championship .. hell of a weekend will be happening

Is he a red pup? That would explain a lot.

I’m not playing so I’m not gonna meet any team and I didn’t state any opinions just that it was a classic matchup. It’s to early in the week to have butt hurt
fridaynightfights Wrote:Is he a red pup? That would explain a lot.

he is a puppies fan .. still licking his wounds from letting one player run for 400 yards and 7 touchdowns on them .. you would think after trying to recruit our qb and wr in the offseason he could at least cheer for them now
WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:lol... so mad you can’t stand it .. love seeing the puppies fans hurt

Confusednicker: Not mad why would I be, stop making this about Corbin it’s not who your playing...This is the same Belfry team more or less that lost to Boyle in the Region last year and somehow they’ve took a step back all because Dudley...:lmao: good luck to Belfry Friday night at Commonwealth, not that they’ll need it...Go Pirates
In the end the rpi may have worked out okay but they gotta get rid of the inter district for the first 2 rounds
Love it!!!!
single shot Wrote:Confusednicker: Not mad why would i be, stop making this about corbin it’s not who your playing...this is the same belfry team more or less that lost to boyle in the region last year and somehow they’ve took a step back all because dudley...:lmao: Good luck to belfry friday night at commonwealth, not that they’ll need it...go pirates
1982? 😂😂
BellCo18 Wrote:1982? 😂😂

Do they still have the ??? on the scoreboard beside 1982? I always thought that was cute.
55RedDog Wrote:In the end the rpi may have worked out okay but they gotta get rid of the inter district for the first 2 rounds

Could do east vs west 1-16 rpi teams first 2 rounds then rpi state wide rounds 3, 4, and 5. But there's never gonna be a perfect formula.
BellCo18 Wrote:1982? 😂😂

Have your people call my people let’s strap up and cut the bullshit...
Well I still don’t like the RPI system and it most cases the two top seeds are in. Except for 1A, 2A,and 3A I think that’s all. But that’s not my problem with it, I do believe it’s going to hurt the lower classes in scheduling in the future but we will have to wait and see. Now I not saying the best teams in each class isn’t playing in the finals but not by RPI numbers their not. The #1 RPI team in numbers in the whole state got a pretty good whipping on them tonight from the #4 RPI team in 1A. So just how do you think it’s working.
fridaynightfights Wrote:Do they still have the ??? on the scoreboard beside 1982? I always thought that was cute.

Idk. The paint is starting to look rough. 😂
When you have teams less than 20 miles apart playing one another for a state championship something is wrong. The seeding I can see to a degree but the geographical alignment in Louisville especially is fixed so area Louisville teams can play one another for a state championship. Sure it’s the best 2 teams I agree but they should be in the same district playing one another rather than a state championship. Just my opinion.