Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 15 DeSales 14
There is a reason you don’t use endzone cameras to determine a spot on the ball, I’m sure that coach knows that, and I’m sure he’s sharing those videos because he just doesn’t want to be honest with himself about the call.
Just looked at the Facebook page and it just shows that if you edit video you can believe whatever you want. The catch video they have on there you see the ball moving as he hits the ground then video ends, if ball is moving and touches the ground it’s not a catch. Same thing they don’t show the video do the belfry kid on the whole playa t the goal line they start after he’s been pushed back and down, and pretend the other half of the play didn’t happen.
fridaynightfights Wrote:Just looked at the Facebook page and it just shows that if you edit video you can believe whatever you want. The catch video they have on there you see the ball moving as he hits the ground then video ends, if ball is moving and touches the ground it’s not a catch. Same thing they don’t show the video do the belfry kid on the whole playa t the goal line they start after he’s been pushed back and down, and pretend the other half of the play didn’t happen.

True. His forward progress was at the goalline and then got pushed back to the half yard line. The referee didn't call a touchdown because he reached the ball across after he was down. He had already crossed the plane of the goal line before being pushed back.
pirateforlife Wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/freelancehack...saI7BCgsv8

I think this might be the play people are complaining about a hold. If you expect refs to call a ticky tacky hold such as that in a state semi final game in overtime, then your gonna be sadly disappointed. Honestly, it doesn't even look like a hold at all. It looks like Bentley went to hit him and missed the guy or the Desales defender slung Bentley to the side and went to dive to make a tackle and he missed the tackle.

That is no where close to holding. His hands drug across the defenders chest. No grabbing
Scroggins obviously a Democrat js
Is there a way to see the game film? I know the DeSales vs CAL game was on YouTube via the DeSales broadcast team. I’d love to see all the controversial calls in real time vs still frame/edited.
There is no controversy to this game except that which is created. Close calls both ways? Yes ....30 seconds given to DeSales with 2:35 to go because they didn’t run the clock and got a free play? Yes....but don’t try to spoil a great great game with petty sour grapes.
You could slow the film down and debate any call and probably every play. The important thing is, IT'S OVER. And Belfry will go Krogering!!
AngryMob Wrote:The I don’t know dude is clearly farther away. The voices closest to the camera say “f touchdown” and “d***”

Luckily, the ref did in fact call it a TD and that’s exactly what it is.

Whether it was, or wasn’t. The call was! And that’s all that matters. Years from now people won’t remember arguing about it being a TD or not, they’ll remember a hell of a game. The record on paper won’t have an asterisk by it, saying maybe they shouldn’t have won. What happened, happened. It is what it is. Those refs weren’t from either schools region so they aren’t biased. That ref also had the best view, even better than the camera. People are taking away a hard fought battle by both sides. Good job belfry and congrats on the win! Now finish the job!!
Just want to say, I’ve seen many teams lose, lose big games, and lose close games. But the amount of crying and denial I’ve seen on Facebook and other media by the DeSales fan base has been copious. No wonder this fan base is starting to get a bad reputation. It is ridiculous for adults to be acting this way. They should be setting example for these young men in the program, learning to win and lose with class. The way #5 for Desales acted at the end of the game is shameful. Makes me wonder what kind of sportsmanship these young men are being taught. Most of the time your players reflect the behavior of their coaches/leaders.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Just want to say, I’ve seen many teams lose, lose big games, and lose close games. But the amount of crying and denial I’ve seen on Facebook and other media by the DeSales fan base has been copious. No wonder this fan base is starting to get a bad reputation. It is ridiculous for adults to be acting this way. They should be setting example for these young men in the program, learning to win and lose with class. The way #5 for Desales acted at the end of the game is shameful. Makes me wonder what kind of sportsmanship these young men are being taught. Most of the time your players reflect the behavior of their coaches/leaders.

I agree about their fans. Go read some on the silly stuff on the Desales Colts Football Facebook page. Some fans say they're going to protest the game and impeach Belfry. Maybe those people are the fans we were warned about although most of their fans were nice people but they have a few who are doozies.
bcpc Wrote:Congrats Belfry!!! Now to Beat the &@$! Out of Bell!!

Keep dreaming.
bstevie74 Wrote:Is there a way to see the game film? I know the DeSales vs CAL game was on YouTube via the DeSales broadcast team. I’d love to see all the controversial calls in real time vs still frame/edited.

Film on hudl is clear. He’s in and gets pushed back
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Film on hudl is clear. He’s in and gets pushed back
That’s the reason I just got back on here. I’ve seen the video of the TD for belfry one 2nd OT. He went in high, crossed the goal line and was pushed backwards. Just because he was laying on the ground then stretched the ball out doesn’t mean that’s why the ref called it a TD. It was a TD. We got the 2 and we won. Please quit whining now. You’re making yourselves look bad. Now the kitty Cats are next.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Just want to say, I’ve seen many teams lose, lose big games, and lose close games. But the amount of crying and denial I’ve seen on Facebook and other media by the DeSales fan base has been copious. No wonder this fan base is starting to get a bad reputation. It is ridiculous for adults to be acting this way. They should be setting example for these young men in the program, learning to win and lose with class. The way #5 for Desales acted at the end of the game is shameful. Makes me wonder what kind of sportsmanship these young men are being taught. Most of the time your players reflect the behavior of their coaches/leaders.

Your exactly right my friend!! Attitude reflects leadership!!
Is there a way to share the game film from HUDL?
[Image: https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=5E774A5B]

Let's just leave it here. Bad calls, doesn't matter. The game is over. This is about the students, not the adults.
That's heart breaking!!!
This will be my last statement and I think it is best to let this one die off.

First and foremost, I have tremendous respect for Coach Scroggins and nothing changes that. With that said, most of what is going on with the DeSales fan base being upset 100% comes back to Scroggins feeding into a false narrative.

Videos have been shared outside of the two cropped videos from horrible angles that makes it pretty clear the ball carrier scored. Included was this video, which is almost directly down the line and as solid of proof as there has been that the ball carrier did in fact break the plane.

https://twitter.com/treilly45/status/120...EfiU5LVejA

It is really concerning, that when this was shared with Scroggins his response was, "Look at the other two. No way he was in. Great game, bad call."

REALLY????

Why would someone choose to judge a call based over a viewpoint in the endzone when you basically have as good of a viewpoint as possible?????

I bought Scroggins' first defense that if he doesn't fight for for his team then who will. I respect that stance. With that said, when the truth smacks you in the face and the argument should be put to bed, there is a time you have to man up... admit you were wrong... and give credit where it is due. DeSales was not "robbed", instead it is clear the correct call was made and they lost.

When you continue to push a narrative when it is proven you are wrong, all you are doing is diminishing from the outcome and creating unnecessary drama.If you are going to grandstand that you are fighting for you r team.. which once again I respected the heck out of... how about you use this to teach a valuable life lesson that sometimes you lose and sometimes you are wrong, and to be a man and admit it and give credit where it is due.

I am starting to think this was all planned by Scroggins. It was his Offense who didn't score a single point in the regulation and arguably his decision to choose to go away from their I-Formation and offset I that they had the most success with that ultimately caused drives to stall and turnovers.Could it be he knows that if the DeSales fan base is too busy looking at cropped video from bad angles and getting upset, that they don't have to ask why a Coach who has seen this same Defense from Belfry so many times could not muster a single score in regulation?
I think this whole thing has damaged Scroggins' credibility.

That's just my opinion.
Granny Bear Wrote:I think this whole thing has damaged Scroggins' credibility.

That's just my opinion.

I agree. My respect for him as a Coach and what he has accomplished remains firmly in tact.

His credibility and sportsmanship are definitely wavering in my eyes.

All I ask is OWN IT.

Say you got caught up in the moment and see that the call was actually correct.

Say you are having a hard time accepting this loss since you are coaching your son but facts are facts and it is time to accept that he was incorrect and it is best to give the winners their due...
https://www.wymt.com/content/sports/WATC...34281.html

Pretty easy to see there at the 50 second mark that Hensley has easily broke the plain.

Scroggins oughta be embarrassed. The only excuse he hasn’t used is that the refs were paid off. Like EKU said, own it man. You may have seen a deceptive video at first but surely by know you’ve seen legitimate footage. Don’t try to tarnish something our kids accomplished because pride won’t let you admit you were wrong. That’s the opposite of leadership.
BoondockSaint Wrote:https://www.wymt.com/content/sports/WATC...34281.html

Pretty easy to see there at the 50 second mark that Hensley has easily broke the plain.

Scroggins oughta be embarrassed. The only excuse he hasn’t used is that the refs were paid off. Like EKU said, own it man. You may have seen a deceptive video at first but surely by know you’ve seen legitimate footage. Don’t try to tarnish something our kids accomplished because pride won’t let you admit you were wrong. That’s the opposite of leadership.

I haven't seen him say it, but have seen other fans saying it. "Belfry talking to the refs like they were cousins", "Refs had a lot more money in their pockets after the game" and "The crew came with Belfry". On top of all the "Louisville schools have to win convincingly or the refs will give it to the rural schools". I hate to see such a darn good ball game getting tarnished with a bad brush all it is going to do is set up bad blood and possibly cause issues if these two teams have to face each other in the future at one anothers home field due to RPI.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:I haven't seen him say it, but have seen other fans saying it. "Belfry talking to the refs like they were cousins", "Refs had a lot more money in their pockets after the game" and "The crew came with Belfry". On top of all the "Louisville schools have to win convincingly or the refs will give it to the rural schools". I hate to see such a darn good ball game getting tarnished with a bad brush all it is going to do is set up bad blood and possibly cause issues if these two teams have to face each other in the future at one anothers home field due to RPI.

It's definitely a shame. Uncropped views are VERY clear that it was a score, and either the comments are coming from an uneducated (in the rules) Desales fanbase, or just plain unwillingness to accept and move on. Scroggins is better than this. He needs to step up and act like it. Or maybe he just talks the talk when he wins and when he clearly loses, but I'm beginning to question his character when it's time to man up.

I must say the people I interacted with before and after the game were completely hospitable and honorable. I never questioned anything about the experience - except adequate parking. But as always it seems all fan bases have keyboard warriors that say anything with or without facts.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I agree. My respect for him as a Coach and what he has accomplished remains firmly in tact.

His credibility and sportsmanship are definitely wavering in my eyes.

All I ask is OWN IT.

Say you got caught up in the moment and see that the call was actually correct.

Say you are having a hard time accepting this loss since you are coaching your son but facts are facts and it is time to accept that he was incorrect and it is best to give the winners their due...

Ty is probably just playing up to the home crowd and telling them what they want to hear. He knows who won the game fair and square. If this is now his sincere belief, it marks a significant transformation in the man that I knew from years ago.
In baseball, the saying was always, don't let it be close enough that a call can cost you the game. It applies here. If they made the plays earlier in the game to get the scores, they would not have been in an overtime game and therefore would not have to worry about missing a call.
I do find it quite coincidental how quiet the loudest DeSales fans have become once the down the line video hit the net. I also definitely feel that Scroggins has lost a ton of Face in this situation and will be called out on it for years to come. When faced with facts you have to man up an admit you were over the top and wrong. The majority of people saying the ball wasn’t across, are either ignorant to the rules, or just so emotionally tied to the loss that they can’t accept facts, even when faced with them.

Also people claiming hold on the winning 2pt conversion, they need raise their expectations of what a hold is. In all my years of watching football, if a hold was called there I would’ve been extremely shocked.

Can anyone share the actual game film on here?
I know Ty very well, and, much like coach Haywood, who I have spoken with him hundreds of times, and I like him a great deal.

Ty is deeply protective of his children; the only arguments I have had with him, have been connected to his kids. I would trust my own children with Ty as their teacher, or their coach, and I know dozens of folks that feel the same. If he were a teacher at DeSales, he would immediately become one of the stronger educators in the building.

So, regarding others "losing esteem" for him, after the Belfry game, I can assure you, he could not give two wet, rhymes with "hits", about the opinions of others. When he wishes to return to a position as head coach, city schools will fall over themselves to have him as their new coach; members of the staff/faculty, with connections to DeSales, at a certain green and yellow school, known as a letter near the conclusion of the English alphabet, were deeply interested in him taking over their program.

Personally, I would happily throw many commemorative presidential rectangles Scroggins' way, to become head coach at my favorite high school, but I do not believe he has any interest in leading my favorite program. After the 2020 season, when his son is finished with the high school ranks, I strongly suspect that a certain, south-end, public 6-A school in Louisville, will have the honor of him becoming their head coach, and I am deeply interested to see what he does, with an endlessly talented program, which has never been able to surmount the big two Catholic schools in the city.

More importantly, if one is a Belfry fan, why on earth would you care about the opinions of others, mere days before the state title game? Haywood was gutsy, Davis was grossly conservative... enjoy that; relish it; celebrate it; anything else is wasteful energy.
turkeysalad Wrote:I know Ty very well, and, much like coach Haywood, who I have spoken with him hundreds of times, and I like him a great deal.

Ty is deeply protective of his children; the only arguments I have had with him, have been connected to his kids. I would trust my own children with Ty as their teacher, or their coach, and I know dozens of folks that feel the same. If he were a teacher at DeSales, he would immediately become one of the stronger educators in the building.

So, regarding others "losing esteem" for him, after the Belfry game, I can assure you, he could not give two wet, rhymes with "hits", about the opinions of others. When he wishes to return to a position as head coach, city schools will fall over themselves to have him as their new coach; members of the staff/faculty, with connections to DeSales, at a certain green and yellow school, known as a letter near the conclusion of the English alphabet, were deeply interested in him taking over their program.

Personally, I would happily throw many commemorative presidential rectangles Scroggins' way, to become head coach at my favorite high school, but I do not believe he has any interest in leading my favorite program. After the 2020 season, when his son is finished with the high school ranks, I strongly suspect that a certain, south-end, public 6-A school in Louisville, will have the honor of him becoming their head coach, and I am deeply interested to see what he does, with an endlessly talented program, which has never been able to surmount the big two Catholic schools in the city.

More importantly, if one is a Belfry fan, why on earth would you care about the opinions of others, mere days before the state title game? Haywood was gutsy, Davis was grossly conservative... enjoy that; relish it; celebrate it; anything else is wasteful energy.

I got the up most respect for Coach Scroggins class act and a hell of a Coach
Great game. Good decision by Coach Haywood. Best of luck on him winning his what 8th championship?