Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 52 Madisonville-North Hopkins 14 FINAL
JC is making their 5th straight trip to the 4A state championship game!!!!!!!
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Wow...
Congratulations Eagles!!
Didn't Think Madisonville Could Hang With JC.Hate For The Long Ride Home,But Great Season For Them.
Congrats JC
Congrats to JC
Way to go Johnsonville!
Finally.... we can start talking Johnson Central vs. Boyle County.

Congrats Eagles!
Way to hang tough Eagles! :redboxer: Confusedinglepar :Cheerlead
what happened on the onside kick at the beginning of the game, because I heard the Madisonville radio guys say they had it, come back few minutes later and they say Jc For Td?
cuppett777 Wrote:what happened on the onside kick at the beginning of the game, because I heard the Madisonville radio guys say they had it, come back few minutes later and they say Jc For Td?

Apparently, and I did not this until the play occurred, it is illegal to kick the ball high into the air on an onside-kick without it bouncing first. That’s a 5-yard penalty.

The call on the field was kick-catch interference. When #2 for JC saw that the ball did not hit the ground, he had the presence of mind to call for a fair catch...and was hit as he attempted to make the catch. That is a 15-yard penalty.
khsgamenight Wrote:Apparently, and I did not this until the play occurred, it is illegal to kick the ball high into the air on an onside-kick without it bouncing first. That’s a 5-yard penalty.

The call on the field was kick-catch interference. When #2 for JC saw that the ball did not hit the ground, he had the presence of mind to call for a fair catch...and was hit as he attempted to make the catch. That is a 15-yard penalty.

My understanding on the rule, and I could be wrong as well, is that if the ball is kicked into the air without bouncing it off the ground, the receiving team can signal fair catch and not be touched. If it hits the ground first (i.e. bounced) then there is no fair catch opportunity and mayhem ensues for the ball.

Sounds like the kicker didn't hit it off the turf and the guy signaled only to be plowed. 15 yard kick catching interference. :Thumbs:
Congrats to the Eagles for a heck of a season! Both Johnson County teams heading to Lexington! Only thing could be better would be if Johnson co had more than 2 schools!
That was a really heads up play by #2! Congrats!!!