Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 2A Semifinals: Breathitt @ Somerset
Hound05 Wrote:Umm did you not read where it said “I TRY NOT TO.... BUT”. And BUT, being the key word. The preposition Of the word BUT means apart from, except. Used as a noun it means an insult objection.

So nope, DIDN’T contradict myself at all actually. And the players and coaches can’t, that’s why I said the fan base. I wouldn’t ever root against a team because of a kid..... I bet that article wasn’t meaningless to the kids who DID score those points on BC. I bet it wouldn’t be meaningless if it put BCs players in a negative light the way it did others. But if you felt that article was meaningless, than a post coming from a a fan of either team with no connection would be even more meaningless to you, but you still felt the need to respond and react to it? Who is contradicting themselves now?

I’m not trying to be a prick or argue woth you, not will I. But to disparage another kids accomplishment to benefit your own self or team is LOW CLASS, and you can bet those kids saw it. So yes!! I will root for somerset and for every one of those “unearned” TDs scored on BC I Hope somerset scores 2. On paper it appears they might do it.

There's a handful of good Corbinites, and Hound05 is one of them.
pjdoug Wrote:There's a handful of good Corbinites, and Hound05 is one of them.

Sounds like it!!! Lol
Statebound19 Wrote:Sounds like it!!! Lol

Happy turkey day State. Good luck to ya tomorrow
Statebound19 Wrote:It been 11 years since the Bobcats has had practice on Thanksgiving. Out the 4 years Coach Moore played for Bobcats he was very fortunate to be practicing 2 of those thanksgiving .Now It just good to see that he now leading his Blue and White as Coach in to Final 4. Go Bobcats!!!! One More to Kroger !!! Bleed Blue 4-Life!!!!

He practiced in 3 of them 95,96,98
wolfcat Wrote:He practiced in 3 of them 95,96,98

Your right, I meant he started but still he practice. Them extra practice I think helps kid for next year as well. But you are correct.
This little off topic of Breathitt vs Somerset. But 3 out 4 of Collins Brothers (Will Thomas, James Fletcher, Charles Andrew )played RB. Roughly they Rushed 12,500 yards. I was wondering are they any other Brothers to Rush for More than Collins Brothers. The other Brother was more of Defense person. He did play some FB at times. I’m just curious lot times that many Brothers don’t all play RB but they all did and really successful at it.
Statebound19 Wrote:This little off topic of Breathitt vs Somerset. But 3 out 4 of Collins Brothers (Will Thomas, James Fletcher, Charles Andrew )played RB. Roughly they Rushed 12,500 yards. I was wondering are they any other Brothers to Rush for More than Collins Brothers. The other Brother was more of Defense person. He did play some FB at times. I’m just curious lot times that many Brothers don’t all play RB but they all did and really successful at it.

I'd say that one would be a tough total to beat. First off, you'd have to (probably) have 3 brothers that all play running back. Then they'd have to be spaced out enough to each get multiple seasons as a starter and produce at a high level. I can't think of any brother sets that fit the bill during the time that I can remember. And none of the career leaders on the KHSAA website look like brothers.

On a side note, it looks like Braedon Sloan and his Dad, James, now have around 9500 yards between them as a father/son duo.
Put up or shut up time for Breathitt County. Is this a one year thing or will they be the traditional Breathitt of years past were you knew if you were going to make a run they would be waiting?
E's Army Wrote:Put up or shut up time for Breathitt County. Is this a one year thing or will they be the traditional Breathitt of years past were you knew if you were going to make a run they would be waiting?

Same thing can be said for the BJ’s. Execute or lose.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Travel safely Brethitt Co fans!!!

Go Bunnies!!! Get that W!!!!
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Same thing can be said for the BJ’s. Execute or lose.

No it can’t! This is consecutive years in the fourth round for Somerset. Last year they lost to a very good CAL team that went on to beat Mayfield in the state title. We will execute when we need to believe that. Can the Bobcats hold on to their own playing four quarters of hard nose football with an exceptionally talented team while played both sides of the ball? We’ll find out tonight! Many prayers for both teams as they face the possibility of not playing any further and for an injury free game.

Somerset 41
Breathitt- 24
Bunnie55 Wrote:No it can’t! This is consecutive years in the fourth round for Somerset. Last year they lost to a very good CAL team that went on to beat Mayfield in the state title. We will execute when we need to believe that. Can the Bobcats hold on to their own playing four quarters of hard nose football with an exceptionally talented team while played both sides of the ball? We’ll find out tonight! Many prayers for both teams as they face the possibility of not playing any further and for an injury free game.

Somerset 41
Breathitt- 24

I for one don't think they can live up to the hype. They do have some skilled people, but Somerset has played against good skilled people all year, played good competition all year and Breathitt has done neither. Breathitt Co.'s Def look a lot suspect to me. Somerset will take advantage of all those holes in Breathitt's Def. 3 to 4 Score spread would not surprise me at all.
Bunnie55 Wrote:No it can’t! This is consecutive years in the fourth round for Somerset. Last year they lost to a very good CAL team that went on to beat Mayfield in the state title. We will execute when we need to believe that. Can the Bobcats hold on to their own playing four quarters of hard nose football with an exceptionally talented team while played both sides of the ball? We’ll find out tonight! Many prayers for both teams as they face the possibility of not playing any further and for an injury free game.

Somerset 41
Breathitt- 24
So let me get this right. You are saying that if Somerset does not execute they are good enough to still win? I am just trying to understand your reply to my statement, not being a smart***
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Getting ready to head out in a bit. Should be a good game. I think Somerset is a little stronger and quicker up front and I think Breathitt will have a hard time slowing down the Briar Jumper's offense. I only watched the WV game but it looked like the Bobcat defensive linemen played a little too upright. I think that will allow Somerset to give Sheron time to pass and Breathitt definitely looked vulnerable to the pass. I think the shock of playing someone as big, strong and fast as them will play a role as well as the home field advantage. Give me Somerset to move on to the finals 40-21.

My wife is out of commission with an ear infection so photo duty falls to me this week. I don't think I've done that since my son's playing days at EKU ended. So I probably won't be able to post many updates. Perhaps some of the Breathitt faithful can pick it up.