Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class A Semi-Final: Paintsville @ KY Country Day
DirtyWompus Wrote:IMO, if you are practicing on thanksgiving day preparing for a state semi final game then you’ve probably got a pretty darn good football team. I’ve read post about KCD being overrated with a weak schedule blah, blah, blah. Bologna! Teams who advance this far in the playoffs are there for a reason. I like the Tigers in this game but they better buckle their chinstraps and be ready to get after it. Go Tigers

I think most people’s opinion is that KCD shouldn’t be #1 in the RPI. And looking at their schedule, yes that is true. They were awarded more points for playing 5A schools. Those same 5A schools couldn’t have won any district in the entire state, all classes. Yes KCD is undefeated, but no way they should be ahead of Pikeville. Me personally, I’ve seen KCD play in person twice, IMO they wouldn’t beat any of the top teams from the East. If KCD beats Paintsville, I’ll my crow hickory smoked.
swampdonkey Wrote:I agree with everything there! Would be naive to not give equal respect to any team with an undefeated record that's also made it to this point in the playoffs. In no way taking anything from Williamsburg last week, but Paintsville seemed to be flat in the first quarter. The Jackets were hyped and I thought their energy really propelled them. Paintsville needs a chip on their shoulder, not a crown on their heads. Not saying that's were the tigers stand, just would like to see the energy that Williamsburg entered the game with coming from our sideline this game. Those kids were pumped, you could see it from the stands and it also seemed like their team fed into that with unity.
I noticed that energy first thing and was impressed.
Paintsville by 20...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Got to watch a few videos of KCD and their RB and QB both looked to be able to run the ball fairly well but the attempts of the opposing teams trying to tackle was horrendous, which made the run look a lot more impressive than it actually was. The MAIN problem that KCD will run into Friday night will be the size difference lining up on the other side of the ball. Their line looked to be well undersized.
I’m a little worried about the :ref1::ref1::ref2: in this one until halftime. Second half all Painstville :Cheerlead

Painstville 42
Kentucky Country Day 13
64SUR Wrote:I’m a little worried about the :ref1::ref1::ref2: in this one until halftime. Second half all Painstville :Cheerlead

Painstville 42
Kentucky Country Day 13

Why 64 Paintsville is taking their refs with them.
Patriot, you the pot or the kettle?
Josiewales Wrote:Patriot, you the pot or the kettle?

Sometimes I get in the pot but usually I am a kettle josiewales. I would explain why I said that but I can’t now some how some post on the Pikeville thread got deleted
64SUR Wrote:I’m a little worried about the :ref1::ref1::ref2: in this one until halftime. Second half all Painstville :Cheerlead

Painstville 42
Kentucky Country Day 13

I will say this. The refs during the KCD/Berea playoff game were HORRIBLE. Berea had a bunch of delay of games in the first half. I kept wondering why it seemed like the play clock was so fast, then I actually started paying attention. The person running the play clock in the boot was starting the clock before the ball was spotted. Sometimes even while the two teams were still in the pile. I yelled at the refs to watch it multiple times. One of them got close enough to me once when I said the idiot in the Booth didn’t know how to run it, then he looked at me and said they were doing a fine job. The white hat for that crew was an older man that literally couldn’t hardly even walk up and down the field, let alone run. Two other refs were as fat and slow as I am. I ain’t saying the refs screwed Berea cause they would have got beat handily regardless. I actually had footage of the play clock on my phone and footage of the white trying to jog down field between plays, but I accidentally deleted them when I transferred all of my pics and videos from my phone to my external hard drive before I went back to work 2 weeks ago.
Redneck Wrote:I will say this. The refs during the KCD/Berea playoff game were HORRIBLE. Berea had a bunch of delay of games in the first half. I kept wondering why it seemed like the play clock was so fast, then I actually started paying attention. The person running the play clock in the boot was starting the clock before the ball was spotted. Sometimes even while the two teams were still in the pile. I yelled at the refs to watch it multiple times. One of them got close enough to me once when I said the idiot in the Booth didn’t know how to run it, then he looked at me and said they were doing a fine job. The white hat for that crew was an older man that literally couldn’t hardly even walk up and down the field, let alone run. Two other refs were as fat and slow as I am. I ain’t saying the refs screwed Berea cause they would have got beat handily regardless. I actually had footage of the play clock on my phone and footage of the white trying to jog down field between plays, but I accidentally deleted them when I transferred all of my pics and videos from my phone to my external hard drive before I went back to work 2 weeks ago.

You realize the playclock rule changed this year right? It starts again when the wing official comes in with his hand up after the play ends. It goes to 40 seconds at that point, if the ball isn’t set at 25 seconds it should be reset, but the ball being set no longer dictates starting the play clock.
None of this is going to matter ... IMO
Paintsville by 21ish, see ya at the grocery store
fridaynightfights Wrote:You realize the playclock rule changed this year right? It starts again when the wing official comes in with his hand up after the play ends. It goes to 40 seconds at that point, if the ball isn’t set at 25 seconds it should be reset, but the ball being set no longer dictates starting the play clock.

So they can start the play clock when the ball carrier is still at the bottom of the pile with 5-6 guys on top of him. That makes sense.
Redneck Wrote:So they can start the play clock when the ball carrier is still at the bottom of the pile with 5-6 guys on top of him. That makes sense.

Yes it’s a 40 second clock like college and the NFL uses starts as soon as the previous play is over.
fridaynightfights Wrote:Yes it’s a 40 second clock like college and the NFL uses starts as soon as the previous play is over.

That’s ignorant and I haven’t noticed that at any other games. Is what it is.

Go Tigers
Honestly I thought the clock change could hurt fast pace teams like Pikeville but turns out it hasn’t really mattered.
Kcd by 14
Patriot1 Wrote:Why 64 Paintsville is taking their refs with them.

😂 touché
Good luck this Friday night Painstville and a happy thanksgiving :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Good luck this Friday night Painstville and a happy thanksgiving :Cheerlead

U too 64!
Redneck Wrote:That’s ignorant and I haven’t noticed that at any other games. Is what it is.

Go Tigers

Then you’ve not been paying attention, was put in place last spring and been used state wide all year. Same reason the white hat doesn’t blow the ball love every single play anymore.
fridaynightfights Wrote:Then you’ve not been paying attention, was put in place last spring and been used state wide all year. Same reason the white hat doesn’t blow the ball love every single play anymore.

Or it’s because I’ve never seen a team get so many delay of game penalties, especially in one half of football. I stood and watched that game and that same play clock wasn’t started the same way when KCD had the ball.
Does anyone know if the Paintsville/KCD game will be on Aroundpaintsville for those who can’t make the hike to Louisville?
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Does anyone know if the Paintsville/KCD game will be on Aroundpaintsville for those who can’t make the hike to Louisville?

It definitely should be. A game hasn’t not been up all year from my understanding.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Does anyone know if the Paintsville/KCD game will be on Aroundpaintsville for those who can’t make the hike to Louisville?

I think it is according to the school if they allow it and I know for some that won’t and I am not mentioning no names.
Mr cold74 Wrote:Kcd by 14

KCD will be lucky to put up 14 on the Tiger JV. Just don’t see how the Bearcats can pull this one out. Soft up front defensively & don’t tackle well overall as a team. Paintsville 42-7
Good luck to Paintsville tonight and hope to see you guys in Lexington if it works out for the 2 villes
What is the difference from 2018 KCD to 2019? Some of the teams they clocked this year beat them a couple of touchdowns last year. They only have a hand full of seniors. A couple of their senior skill people have had massive years. Will they be able to replace those two kids next year?
Patriot1 Wrote:I think it is according to the school if they allow it and I know for some that won’t and I am not mentioning no names.

True Patriot, We have ran into that on a few different occasions. Hopefully KCD understands there are a LOT of Tiger faithful that cannot physically make the drive.
Boys should be about an hour from Louisville! 3 hr plus ride packed in a bus will have this group more than ready to get out and get at some KCD Bearcats!! The Goal was set months ago and hasn’t changed! NOW GO GET IT PAINTSVILLE!!