•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry@Desales 11/29 3A State Semis
I'm pulling for the PIRATES. Have a lot of respect for them.
Game going to be streamed?
Avery, run 1st, pass 2nd. Play him just like Hurts. All good.
Nothing but respect for Desales! This will be a great game and and will have a familiar face on the Colts sideline. Coach Scroggins is a class act and the Belfry faithful have gotten to know him and his former Central teams very well. Looking forward to a good game and hopefully injury free for all. Thoughts and prayers for the Pond Creek Nation and the Pirates for their safe travels next weekend! It’s wonderful to be able to play High School Football again after Thanksgiving!

Go Pirates!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Last week was more fun when the opposition was showing their ass. I think that helped us.

Turkeysalad, do you care to say our kids aren’t worth a nickel and they’re slow and soft and don’t talk right? Just need some bulletin board stuff. Ashland made it a little easier.
I think most Mayfield fans will be pulling for Belfry in this. It’s due to seeing them in hotels at state so many years and becoming familiar with them. But, I think DeSales is the favorite.
Belfry needs to insist on the far sideline. That way, they will not have to wipe spit off their helmets.
Lord Grantham Wrote:Belfry needs to insist on the far sideline. That way, they will not have to wipe spit off their helmets.

Really hate to hear this. Hope we have a better experience than you guys did and it was just a one time thing.
AngryMob Wrote:Last week was more fun when the opposition was showing their ass. I think that helped us.

Turkeysalad, do you care to say our kids aren’t worth a nickel and they’re slow and soft and don’t talk right? Just need some bulletin board stuff. Ashland made it a little easier.

Hahah. Can someone bring up the head to head record?? That might get things started?? I was hoping belfry would travel to bell county instead of loserville. But it is what it is. Take care of Binezzz pirates!!!
hound05 Wrote:hahah. Can someone bring up the head to head record?? That might get things started?? I was hoping belfry would travel to bell county instead of loserville. But it is what it is. Take care of binezzz pirates!!!

belfry has never ever beaten desales and desales has never lost on their turf to a public school
These two have never played.
Will be traveling with a lot of friends and family and unfortunately we are not hearing good things about the reception for visitiors at Desales. I have no problem with a home field advantage and I certainly am about a home team having an intimidating crowd. That being said, I would want our party to be treated with respect and class and if there was an incident for it to be dealt with accordingly. Can anyone give a real report of what we should expect? I have traveled all over with the Pirates and have really never had an issue.
bucslover68 Wrote:Will be traveling with a lot of friends and family and unfortunately we are not hearing good things about the reception for visitiors at Desales. I have no problem with a home field advantage and I certainly am about a home team having an intimidating crowd. That being said, I would want our party to be treated with respect and class and if there was an incident for it to be dealt with accordingly. Can anyone give a real report of what we should expect? I have traveled all over with the Pirates and have really never had an issue.

Our fanbase has become profoundly embarrassing; however, incidents have been so bad in the last two weeks, that school administration will have to restrain the crowd; not simply for perception purposes, but for real legal reasons.

The DeSales community contributes to a fund, in order to allow private security and officials of the county police, to serve at the games.

USE THEM.

Point out instances and individuals, which make your experience troublesome. I mentioned this in the Bardstown thread, but for every one negative representative of the DeSales community, there are dozens which want to maintain a positive experience for everyone. If someone in DeSales garb is making any individual's experience negative, please say something to a fellow DeSales fan, and we will happily intervene; it happens during every big game, and most of us are happy to get between you and another DeSales fan.

Do not react in any way which could cause you any potential problems; ask a fellow Colts' fan; we know one another and are significantly more adept at containing our fellow brethren.

I hope the Belfry followers have the time of their lives on Friday.
bucslover68 Wrote:These two have never played.

Belfry has never, ever beaten DeSales. Ever. Respect the mojo
turkeysalad Wrote:Our fanbase has become profoundly embarrassing; however, incidents have been so bad in the last two weeks, that school administration will have to restrain the crowd; not simply for perception purposes, but for real legal reasons.

The DeSales community contributes to a fund, in order to allow private security and officials of the county police, to serve at the games.

USE THEM.

Point out instances and individuals, which make your experience troublesome. I mentioned this in the Bardstown thread, but for every one negative representative of the DeSales community, there are dozens which want to maintain a positive experience for everyone. If someone in DeSales garb is making any individual's experience negative, please say something to a fellow DeSales fan, and we will happily intervene; it happens during every big game, and most of us are happy to get between you and another DeSales fan.

Do not react in any way which could cause you any potential problems; ask a fellow Colts' fan; we know one another and are significantly more adept at containing our fellow brethren.

Wow! This is not good. It's a shame this type of things can happen.

I'm hearing that the Bardstown players were spit on during the game. If this is true, then the home team needs to be placed on the fan side of the field, not the visiting team. I don't like, or want trouble but I'll be damned if I sit back and watch my kid get spit on. If your close to the program, you might want to bring this up.
bucslover68 Wrote:Will be traveling with a lot of friends and family and unfortunately we are not hearing good things about the reception for visitiors at Desales. I have no problem with a home field advantage and I certainly am about a home team having an intimidating crowd. That being said, I would want our party to be treated with respect and class and if there was an incident for it to be dealt with accordingly. Can anyone give a real report of what we should expect? I have traveled all over with the Pirates and have really never had an issue.

Breathitt County has tried to cause problems a time or two. We’ll have to make sure we have big dudes (Paging #55 Dad) around.
AngryMob Wrote:Belfry has never, ever beaten DeSales. Ever. Respect the mojo

What mojo? Has DeSales beaten Belfry? Never? Ever?
AngryMob Wrote:Breathitt County has tried to cause problems a time or two. We’ll have to make sure we have big dudes (Paging #55 Dad) around.

Paging #55 Dad?
#55PirateFan Wrote:Paging #55 Dad?

We all know you’re a big guy that nobody wants to F with. Rally the troops Lol
turkeysalad Wrote:Our fanbase has become profoundly embarrassing; however, incidents have been so bad in the last two weeks, that school administration will have to restrain the crowd; not simply for perception purposes, but for real legal reasons.

USE THEM.

With all due respect, the candor falls short.

There was ONE Officer at the Bardstown game, and he was powerless to do anything. There were 3 “Event Staff” women who were all over 60 years old, and did absolutely and positively nothing. And I’m sorry, but the old guard Desales crowd stood idly by and watched it happen. They did nothing, and in all fairness could not have done anything because the ugly truth is that there are more bad actors than good actors. If I were from Belfry, I would bring weapons. They spit on players, and there was a fight in which a 9 year-old child was assaulted and hospitalized. They formed a postgame group that laughed at the inconsolate Tiger seniors, and a coach even participated from the locker room. This is neither hyperbole or sour grapes; I have several of the incidents on video. Be proud, Archdiocese, they are yours!
#55PirateFan Wrote:What mojo? Has DeSales beaten Belfry? Never? Ever?

Read the above posts, Ashland pointing out the all time record worked wonders so we are just keeping that going... lol just being funny
AngryMob Wrote:We all know you’re a big guy that nobody wants to F with. Rally the troops Lol

Wow! I see now the reputation is true. I was hoping it wasn't. Not a big guy at all, Lol! Not going to need to "rally" any troops. No need for it. This is a high school football game pal, not a brawl. Grow up!
#55PirateFan Wrote:Wow! I see now the reputation is true. I was hoping it wasn't. Not a big guy at all, Lol! Not going to need to "rally" any troops. No need for it. This is a high school football game pal, not a brawl. Grow up!

Again just having some fun! Should be a GREAT game!
Here’s what is going to happen: Desales is going to decide that “for the sake of the boys” it is more important to win than it is to maintain any shred of credibility left. And someone is going to get shot. Perhaps a child or player. At some point, you all will play someone with a fan base as perverse as yours and someone will die. Mark it down.
Lord Grantham Wrote:Belfry needs to insist on the far sideline. That way, they will not have to wipe spit off their helmets.

Wow. That’s not good
Lord Grantham Wrote:With all due respect, the candor falls short.

There was ONE Officer at the Bardstown game, and he was powerless to do anything. There were 3 “Event Staff” women who were all over 60 years old, and did absolutely and positively nothing. And I’m sorry, but the old guard Desales crowd stood idly by and watched it happen. They did nothing, and in all fairness could not have done anything because the ugly truth is that there are more bad actors than good actors. If I were from Belfry, I would bring weapons. They spit on players, and there was a fight in which a 9 year-old child was assaulted and hospitalized. They formed a postgame group that laughed at the inconsolate Tiger seniors, and a coach even participated from the locker room. This is neither hyperbole or sour grapes; I have several of the incidents on video. Be proud, Archdiocese, they are yours!

Post them here, or send them to the school. I say this because I want the data in the public domain, so that it may be used.

And as for "the old guard" standing pat, and permitting it to happen, both my brother and myself have contusions on our hands and chests, because we physically moved DeSales fans out of the stadium. I am not condoning anything that happened, to anyone, while visiting the school, but the experiences of all people at any DeSales event, means a great deal to me and my family, and I can honestly say that there are dozens and dozens of DeSales faithful which will not associate with me, or those close to me, because we have verbally and physically intervened, in many recent events.

I truly believe that empirical evidence is priceless; share what you have, spread what you have; make sure it is utilized.
turkeysalad Wrote:Post them here, or send them to the school. I say this because I want the data in the public domain, so that it may be used.

And as for "the old guard" standing pat, and permitting it to happen, both my brother and myself have contusions on our hands and chests, because we physically moved DeSales fans out of the stadium. I am not condoning anything that happened, to anyone, while visiting the school, but the experiences of all people at any DeSales event, means a great deal to me and my family, and I can honestly say that there are dozens and dozens of DeSales faithful which will not associate with me, or those close to me, because we have verbally and physically intervened, in many recent events.

I truly believe that empirical evidence is priceless; share what you have, spread what you have; make sure it is utilized.

You sound like a great guy my friend. Hopefully none of that will be necessary and we can watch a really good football game without incident. Good luck to your Colts.
AngryMob Wrote:Read the above posts, Ashland pointing out the all time record worked wonders so we are just keeping that going... lol just being funny

No disrespect to Ashland but I'm way more worried playing DeSales than I was playing the Tomcats. That Scroggins defense is nasty. This should be a smashmouth football game and a very good one. Just hope it's not ruined by people getting ignorant, on either side. Good luck to the Colts.
turkeysalad Wrote:Post them here, or send them to the school. I say this because I want the data in the public domain, so that it may be used.

It will be.

But listen to yourself. You are actually here, telling the assaulted visiting fans to do something. YOU DO SOMETHING!

Bring the Archdiocese down. Make a statement. Shut the season down. Forfeit to Belfry, and let your fan base know that Desales High School will not permit itself to be demeaned by base thuggery.
#55PirateFan Wrote:No disrespect to Ashland but I'm way more worried playing DeSales than I was playing the Tomcats. That Scroggins defense is nasty. This should be a smashmouth football game and a very good one. Just hope it's not ruined by people getting ignorant, on either side. Good luck to the Colts.

Agree, Scroggins always gave us FITS and I’m not sure he ever had a DLine at Central quite like this one...
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next