•  Previous
  • 14(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry@Desales 11/29 3A State Semis
Looks like a chance of rain tonight In Louisville starting around 8:00pm.........
You boys can’t expect me to have watched guys before I was born!
AngryMob Wrote:You boys can’t expect me to have watched guys before I was born!

Lol.....Well, you can always go back and grab some films be fun for you to watch some of these guys we have mentioned......LOL
Good luck to the Pirates tonight and all the fans making the trip be safe
Belfry/DeSales could replace Belfry/Central on must see games. Adding Scroggins to DeSales gives continuity.
The Caudill Brothers were two hard hitting little engines, I think both held records at Belfry before Jones and Howard
RP Vipperman was a tough SoB at FB too
AtlPirateFan Wrote:The Caudill Brothers were two hard hitting little engines, I think both held records at Belfry before Jones and Howard
The older of the two, Micah held the rushing record until little bro, Jonah, came along and broke it. If I’m not mistaken Jonah still holds that record. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
Howard owns the all-time rushing record by nearly 2000 yards. Approximately 5700 yards rushing and 90 total touchdowns.

Mikey Scott held it for a long time at around 3,300 yards until Micah Caudill topped him. Jonah ran for a few more than Micah and then Howard set the mark. I’m fairly certain Dustin May is current 2nd.
Pirates 28 - DeSales 24

Key to the game will be protecting the ball, controlling the clock, and who wins the battle up front. Old school football at its finest.
BoondockSaint Wrote:Howard owns the all-time rushing record by nearly 2000 yards. Approximately 5700 yards rushing and 90 total touchdowns.

Mikey Scott held it for a long time at around 3,300 yards until Micah Caudill topped him. Jonah ran for a few more than Micah and then Howard set the mark. I’m fairly certain Dustin May is current 2nd.
I didn’t even realize Howard had the record now.
Safe travels Pirate Nation!!! I drove back from Lexington at 5 this morning so I could avoid most of the idiot drivers. Still passed 3 accidents. One at Richmond and two very near Berea. So be so so careful!!!

Good luck!!!!
Just a comment on fan behavior at Desales. While 75% of their fans are just good football fans trying to enjoy a game, 25% have no business being allowed at a football game let alone seated and standing directly behind the visiting bench. The playoff rules advise that home fans should be seated behind the home bench. This would take care of the problems of the fans yelling obscenities at opposing players(minors) while the game is going on.
I have personally attended four games at the stadium witnessed Desales fans interacting with visiting players during the game. Desales fans threatening visiting players and coaches. Desales coaches have no idea how bad their fans behave because they are on the opposite side of the field The KHSAA should have solved this problem a long time ago, but I have seen no visible action by them to solve this issue. Desales bench need to be on the stadium side to eliminate most of these problems. Downs markers and chains should never be with home team side either, that just a recipe for home cooking.
football fan42 Wrote:Just a comment on fan behavior at Desales. While 75% of their fans are just good football fans trying to enjoy a game, 25% have no business being allowed at a football game let alone seated and standing directly behind the visiting bench. The playoff rules advise that home fans should be seated behind the home bench. This would take care of the problems of the fans yelling obscenities at opposing players(minors) while the game is going on.
I have personally attended four games at the stadium witnessed Desales fans interacting with visiting players during the game. Desales fans threatening visiting players and coaches. Desales coaches have no idea how bad their fans behave because they are on the opposite side of the field The KHSAA should have solved this problem a long time ago, but I have seen no visible action by them to solve this issue. Desales bench need to be on the stadium side to eliminate most of these problems. Downs markers and chains should never be with home team side either, that just a recipe for home cooking.

I think this issue has already been dealt with by Desales administration. Belfry folks were assured that there will not be any behavior tonight like they've had in the past. Belfry folks are the don't start nothing and there won't be nothing type of people. They won't be degrading to any opposing fans but they aren't gonna sit back and let people bully them and the team. Belfry actually used to put the opposing teams on the bleacher side of the stadium st Vipperman. I'm just looking forward to a good hard fought game between two great teams playing to go to Kroger field next week. Also, the chains are always on side opposite of press box so the announcer and people in the press box can see it.
Good luck to you. I have heard for four years how Desales administration has this under control and yet every year we see the same behavior. Beer and High school sports don’t mix well, until the figure that out they will have a hard time shaking their current reputation.
Ohh look. A CAL fan commenting on our fanbase. lol
Interesting stat for you since the expansion to 6 classes Belfry had only lost to 4 teams in their own class. Sheldon Clark 09,10, Breathitt Co 08, Central 07,10,11,12,17 and Boyle in 18.

If you go back to their first state win in ‘03 Sheldon Clark adds a win over them in 06 and Russell in 05 and 06. Those all in class AA pre 2007.

So since 2003 only 5 programs have beaten Belfry for a combined 12 losses in class play, Central accounting for almost half of them.

Any chance we can have Coach Scroggins sit this one out :-p. Also since we are in Louisville and can we maybe get Cole Bentley to suit up to help out the line a bit from the TE position like he used to :-)
Big Red getting ready to eat some turkeysalad.
pirateforlife Wrote:I think this issue has already been dealt with by Desales administration. Belfry folks were assured that there will not be any behavior tonight like they've had in the past. Belfry folks are the don't start nothing and there won't be nothing type of people. They won't be degrading to any opposing fans but they aren't gonna sit back and let people bully them and the team. Belfry actually used to put the opposing teams on the bleacher side of the stadium st Vipperman. I'm just looking forward to a good hard fought game between two great teams playing to go to Kroger field next week. Also, the chains are always on side opposite of press box so the announcer and people in the press box can see it.

This is a high school football game. It is not worth doing anything foolish - even if a hothead cant keep his or her mouth zipped. If you feel the need, walk in pairs or threes and document anything that happens with video. I work with people all the time who will not walk away and some of them have several years to ponder their decisions. Unless you are or your family or friends is in physical danger, walk away from what is said. Stick with friends. Enjoy the night for what it is. Get back home safe.
Tica Wrote:This is a high school football game. It is not worth doing anything foolish - even if a hothead cant keep his or her mouth zipped. If you feel the need, walk in pairs or threes and document anything that happens with video. I work with people all the time who will not walk away and some of them have several years to ponder their decisions. Unless you are or your family or friends is in physical danger, walk away from what is said. Stick with friends. Enjoy the night for what it is. Get back home safe.

I agree. What I'm referring to is there were players from previous opposing teams that were supposedly spit on by fans. I honestly don't think this will happen tonight but if for some reason it did, the parents aren't going to sit back and let their kids be spit on. Which side of the bleachers do opposing fans typically sit on at Desales? Like the right or left side?
What’s the radio stream for tonight belfry peps? You all have some of the best radio guys in the business?
Hound05 Wrote:What’s the radio stream for tonight belfry peps? You all have some of the best radio guys in the business?

WDHR.com
Belfry will sit on the left side.
ColtPride Wrote:Belfry will sit on the left side.

Do you guys have a live stream for the game tonight?

Thanks
I Found This Not Sure If It’s Live Radio Or Live Stream.......

You will likely need to use the Chrome browser to hear the WDHR audio live stream, I could not connect using Firefox.
Tica Wrote:You will likely need to use the Chrome browser to hear the WDHR audio live stream, I could not connect using Firefox.

I know it works on chrome, they also have a good mobile phone app and I think are on iHeartRadio
AtlPirateFan Wrote:I know it works on chrome, they also have a good mobile phone app and I think are on iHeartRadio

Maybe it was tunein radio, can’t remember
GO Big Red!!
Let's Go Belfry!
  •  Previous
  • 14(current)