Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strength of schedule
I started this in another post. However someone asked me to start a thread on it. So, how many teams has your team played that is still in the playoffs. I will start with Mayfield. We have played 4 teams that are still alive.

6a McCracken Co
4a Madisonville NH
3a Paducah Tilghman
TN div 2 Lausanne Collegiate

We just lost Hoptown, Murray and Graves County this week.
A school with 2 or more speaks volumes to playing the best teams you can. This is more impressive than being undefeated against teams that are terrible imo.
Pikeville:

Bardstown (Class AAA)
Mingo Central (West Virginia Class AA)
Paintsville (Class A)
Belfry (Class AAA)
Ridgeview (Virginia Class AA)
People have been asking all year if the rpi will change how teams schedule. I would be willing to bet that it won’t change Mayfield’s as long as Coach Joe is there. He schedules tough just to be better when it matters. It don’t matter to him if we have to go on the road.
Boyle Co:

5A - Madison Southern

Just lost:
3A - CAL (Mercer Co lost to CAL rnd 1)
4A - LexCath
Pikeville has played a dang good schedule. In typical Coach Mac fashion it has his team ready for a playoff run. And all the talent doesn’t hurt either.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
mysonis55 Wrote:People have been asking all year if the rpi will change how teams schedule. I would be willing to bet that it won’t change Mayfield’s as long as Coach Joe is there. He schedules tough just to be better when it matters. It don’t matter to him if we have to go on the road.

There are some geographical and district limitation to scheduling that can’t be dismissed. I expect at least a couple more instances of playing up a class or two when it allows. But likely minor changes overall.
Somerset

1A Beechwood
1A Williamsburg

This was a good thread idea 55. Glad they told you to make this into a thread
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Southwestern

3A Belfry
4A Wayne County
5A Madison Southern
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Southwestern

3A Belfry
4A Wayne County
5A Madison Southern

Belfry:

Pikeville
Southwestern
Johnson Central

Just lost:

LCA
OH-Kettering Alter
Saint Xavier

DeSales
Male
Trinity
Louisville Central
Bowling Green
Cincinnati Saint Xavier
Ashland
Wheelersburg Oh
Ironton Oh
George Washington WVA
Spring Valley WVA
Russell and Raceland both lost last night.
This will even be more interesting after next week and into finals
I’m glad we did this. It’s interesting to see what teams have done.
All teams records vs Calpreps top 7000
Mayfield 8-1 vs Edmonson 0-0
Somerset 8-1 vs McLean 0-0
Breathitt 0-0 vs Walton-Verona 0-4
Beechwood 3-5 vs West Carter 0-3
Iam4thecats Wrote:All teams records vs Calpreps top 7000
Mayfield 8-1 vs Edmonson 0-0
Somerset 8-1 vs McLean 0-0
Breathitt 0-0 vs Walton-Verona 0-4
Beechwood 3-5 vs West Carter 0-3

What exactly does this mean?
#BBFL
Means my picks to meet for a whale of a game at Kroger Field will be Mayfield vs Somerset.
Spud6 Wrote:What exactly does this mean?

Some SOS metric but looks like we can add Pikeville to the list at 8-0.
jetpilot Wrote:Some SOS metric but looks like we can add Pikeville to the list at 8-0.
If you look closely my list was only 2a
Spud6 Wrote:What exactly does this mean?

This is each teams record vs "good" teams. Throwing out all that aren't because they really don't matter. There are just over 14000 teams in the United States. So top 7000 puts you in the top half or a "good" team in any state.
Iam4thecats Wrote:If you look closely my list was only 2a

If you look closely I don't care. The thread title doesn't mention 2A and I was responding to Spud.
5a vs top 7000
Fairdale 0-1 vs Owensboro 4-1
Bowling Green 3-3 vs South Oldham 5-1
Madison Southern 2-5 vs Covington Catholic 10-0
Southwestern 5-4 vs Douglass 5-0

I think there is a bit of misconception about the difference between Bg and SO schedule based on name recognition and not 2019 performance.
mysonis55 Wrote:People have been asking all year if the rpi will change how teams schedule. I would be willing to bet that it won’t change Mayfield’s as long as Coach Joe is there. He schedules tough just to be better when it matters. It don’t matter to him if we have to go on the road.

The change in scheduling will be to eliminate out of state opponents (50%) and higher Class teams scheduling lower class opponents (Premium playing up in class and Penalty playing down in class aka Game Value factor). Risk - Reward

Coaches (and the Fan Base) do like to have Home Games for the Region and Semi-final playoffs rounds, and I think that will be the biggest factor in a Coaches decision. Winning the District in the regular season gets them the 1st 2 rounds at Home.
I think we will still look for better teams, in state or out.
T-CATS Wrote:Ashland
Wheelersburg Oh
Ironton Oh
George Washington WVA
Spring Valley WVA
Russell and Raceland both lost last night.

Wheelersburg lost last night.
Spud6 Wrote:Somerset

1A Beechwood
1A Williamsburg

This was a good thread idea 55. Glad they told you to make this into a thread

Beechwood is 2A.
Not my area, but from up north:
(Calpreps Class/Division rank #)

Beechwood
1A #2 Paintsville
2A #1 Somerset
5A #1 Cov Cath
1A #4 New Cath
OH Div. V #15 Cinc. Taft (think Tilghman) lost in 2nd round.*

That’s impressive.

Newport Central Catholic
2A # 4 Beechwood
2A #16 Walton-Verona
OH Div. IV #7 Cinc. Roger Bacon (think DeSales) lost in 2nd round.*

*Teams are out, but worth noting(?) there are 107 teams in Division V and 106 teams in Division IV.
Only 32 teams in each of Ohio’s seven classes make the playoffs.
jetpilot Wrote:If you look closely I don't care. The thread title doesn't mention 2A and I was responding to Spud.

That's unnecessarily rude.
Tilghman has
McCracken - 6A
Holy Cross - 1A
Mayfield - 2A
DeSales - 3A remaining in the hunt.

Hoptown - 4A
Union Co. - 3A
Graves Co. - 5A went out Friday.
Simon Kenton

Taylor County
Johnson Central