Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long vs Long
Saw this on twitter. Who do you all think the better long is?

https://www.hudl.com/v/2CGm1K
Drew Long- 6’2 205lbs 81 tackles 12 sacks

https://www.hudl.com/profile/8054289/William-Long
William Long- 5’8 255lbs 52 tackles 1 sacks

Drew long seems like a solid defensive player but doesn’t have much recognition. KPG has William long as one of the biggest prospects in the state.
If I had to pick one, I’d take William long. Heck of a football player who seems to be in on every play. Some college will be lucky to have him one day.
I don't even know who these kids play for?
FoSho Wrote:I don't even know who these kids play for?
Drew is a DE OLB for LCA and William is a NG for Breathitt co
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:Saw this on twitter. Who do you all think the better long is?

Drew long seems like a solid defensive player but doesn’t have much recognition. KPG has William long as one of the biggest prospects in the state.

Drew Long by a lot both in what I saw him do and the size he has. :Thumbs:
Drew has the measurables
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:Saw this on twitter. Who do you all think the better long is?

Of course KPG has William Long as one of the biggest prospects in the state. The owner of the KPG is William Long’s father. How can anyone pay attention to KPG?
I am fairly familiar with both William and Drew Long, however I don’t believe either of them hold a candle the the stout defensive linemen on the Shawnee golden eagle roster
E's Army Wrote:Drew has the measurables

He also looked better vs better competition.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Of course KPG has William Long as one of the biggest prospects in the state. The owner of the KPG is William Long’s father. How can anyone pay attention to KPG?
KPG is extremely bias. Part of the reason no one gives Breathitt any respect because whoever writes all the articles talks them up like they are the New England Patriots.
Taking MY eagles drew ling any day if the week!
I would take William Long any day of the week! From what I’ve seen... great football player.
I really don’t know how you can compare these two with each other. One is NG and other is OLB. William Long gets double team all most every snap. Drew Long is more freed up. But heck player though. I going say William Long means more to his team .
Jury is still out on William Long but he looks like a great player. Need to see him line up against a quality line and to this date in the 2019 season that has not occurred.

Drew Long is one of the most underrated players in the State, IMHO. Great motor and makes big plays off the edge.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Jury is still out on William Long but he looks like a great player. Need to see him line up against a quality line and to this date in the 2019 season that has not occurred.

Drew Long is one of the most underrated players in the State, IMHO. Great motor and makes big plays off the edge.
Drew Long is definitely a play maker. I’ve seen him play multiple times and he has had a sack in every game I’ve watched. Wonder why colleges are still sleeping on this kid and he doesn’t have any offers yet?
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:Drew Long is definitely a play maker. I’ve seen him play multiple times and he has had a sack in every game I’ve watched. Wonder why colleges are still sleeping on this kid and he doesn’t have any offers yet?

Sadly, these days recruiting is more about how good you look without pads on in June than how good you look with the pads on in November.
Drew Long received a PWO from Murray State, personally I think he should be on scholarship colleges are looking over this kid, and he’s put on 20 pounds this offseason alone
Slow times on BGR football forum these days.
Frank Martin Wrote:Slow times on BGR football forum these days.

The boards just aren’t the same in the off-season 😢
Defensively, Drew is the kind of player you have to account for every play, sometimes with more than one guy. William, while still a good player, isn't at that level.
This is a horrible comparison. You are comparing a OLB to a NG/C. Makes no sense. As a college prospect I would pick Drew solely based on size. Having said that, if I could have one to add to Boyle next year it is Will. Will is one of if not the best Centers in the state and also a top 20 NG. He may be small but he is a state powerlifting champion. He beat Somersets center most of the night and he is a top 20 lineman himself. Also Will is a former team KY and future stars kid. Those kids compete against the best. I have heard the knock on Drew was his speed for the D1 level. Not sure what his laser 40 is but that’s what I was told.
First, William is a great high school football player. Secondly, due to his genetic make up he will either sign with NAIA or walk on somewhere (nothing wrong with that). Lastly, I'm not sure he can compete at either level. I know it's about "the size of the heart in the dog, not the size of the dog". But at any level the oline will be 6'3+ and 265 lbs. Not bashing the kid by no means. Obviously, very physically strong and has a great motor. But I not sure if MAYBE 5'8" NG/DT can get it done. Unfortunately, this is most kids in this area...Another couple of inches taller, another 15 lbs, and another .20 off a the forty equals D1 all over it. I see college recruiting as picking a frame and potential with the most upside to build on. Another truthful saying is, " Can't coach size, but I can coach football". 99/100 times they will pick the taller and faster guy. Again- William is a great HIGH SCHOOL football player and works hard. I've never seen the other Long play.
BoyleCo Wrote:This is a horrible comparison. You are comparing a OLB to a NG/C. Makes no sense. As a college prospect I would pick Drew solely based on size. Having said that, if I could have one to add to Boyle next year it is Will. Will is one of if not the best Centers in the state and also a top 20 NG. He may be small but he is a state powerlifting champion. He beat Somersets center most of the night and he is a top 20 lineman himself. Also Will is a former team KY and future stars kid. Those kids compete against the best. I have heard the knock on Drew was his speed for the D1 level. Not sure what his laser 40 is but that’s what I was told.
This thread was started because there was argument on twitter about who the better Long was. Wanted to get more opinions on it.
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:This thread was started because there was argument on twitter about who the better Long was. Wanted to get more opinions on it.

The 6'2" Long. Forgot the last sentence lol.
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:Drew Long is definitely a play maker. I’ve seen him play multiple times and he has had a sack in every game I’ve watched. Wonder why colleges are still sleeping on this kid and he doesn’t have any offers yet?

If you are looking for honest opinions I think it’s pretty straight forward. He doesn’t have the size, speed and overall athletic ability to play at the next level beyond D3 or lower level NAIA. He was a really good hard nosed high school football player but have you seen the athletes playing OLB or DE in college?
Not much call for a 5'8 255 Lineman at any level in college..
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:If I had to pick one, I’d take William long. Heck of a football player who seems to be in on every play. Some college will be lucky to have him one day.

Maybe a small college. Lack of height will hurt.
To be honest, Drew has more upside as a prospect on the college level, but William is the better high school player, in my opinion. Both players are very talented, and both will get their shot at the next level.
This is hilarious it is even a topic. William Long's dad has been trying to recruit every kid around. Everyone knows he is a fool. He promises attention but nobody besides the kids and parents he writes about reads his garbage. The kid is a decent HS player against very marginal competition.
Drew Long has committed to Murray State. Congratulations Drew!!