Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jaden Stinson
KYHSFBFan Wrote:I've watched both and Sheron is taller, which teams like and more athletic, so, he has more upside/potential, whatever you want to call it, but, just throwing the ball, Stinson all day long, every day. Stronger arm, better touch, much smoother release.. All that works at a AA HS level, but, if you don't have the quickness to avoid those rushers who are much bigger and faster in D1 college, it doesn't translate well.. He'd probably thrive in a Mike Leach type system where you run a lot of those quick hitters, screens, etc., but, he'd get killed at QB for UK against SEC caliber pass rushers..

I mean no disrespect in this but the level of competition (ie. size) doesn't leave recruiters a lot to compare with. Allen has performed well vs Cov Cath, Frederick Douglas and Boyle County. I think Mayfield always plays as tough a schedule as they can but Stinson hasn't played vs anyone of the caliber of those three IMO. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:I mean no disrespect in this but the level of competition (ie. size) doesn't leave recruiters a lot to compare with. Allen has performed well vs Cov Cath, Frederick Douglas and Boyle County. I think Mayfield always plays as tough a schedule as they can but Stinson hasn't played vs anyone of the caliber of those three IMO. :Thumbs:

Allen was less than spectacular vs Boyle Co and FDU, not sure that's a valid argument.

Now I know of another QB in the area that's been ballin' this season vs all comers. I'm not sayin' I'm just sayin'.
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:UK has beau Allen coming in I don’t think they need Jaden Stinson 🤡

UK didnt think they would need Sawyer Smith this year now look where they are at.Lyn Bowden goes down they are in a world of hurt.
oldcardfan Wrote:Stinson 😀 Hide and watch where he goes

U know something we dont know come on spill it lol!!!!
KYHSFBFan Wrote:He's playing at SIU in Carbondale.. Similar school as an OVC type school, maybe a shade better..

Wrong. There is no player from Mayfield playing at SIU. Grave's Crider is. Brady Smith got a scholly to SEMO but decided to not play.
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:UK didnt think they would need Sawyer Smith this year now look where they are at.Lyn Bowden goes down they are in a world of hurt.
UK has Gilmore and Wood both were talented HS qb's. To say that Stinson could go in there and outplay Bowden and the other backup's is asinine.
FoSho Wrote:Staffs at Corbin and especially Frederick Douglass openly promote and assist/sell players and get college staffs at their schools/practices for visits.

Some coaches do some calling and emailing of college programs informing them of their players.

Some coaches don't do a damn thing and believe winning a state title is the one and only focus a team should have.

I can say 100% he is correct. Coach haddix will do whatever he has to do, to get a kid to the next level, if they make it known that’s what they want to do. Now there are conditions to it, you can be a POS with talent, not want to work, and expect him to go out on a line for you. But he def puts in a lot of his free time helping kids get to the next level. That is one reason I absolutely love him. He cares about the kids.

I’m sure there are a lot of coaches out there that are doing the same as well. Chuck smith at Boyle, I’d imagine does as well. He’s gotten a lot of kids to the next level in his time. Granted they had the talent, but I’m sure he put in the effort getting their name out there. I’m sure there are a bunch that go without recognition in doing this.

At the same time, I know and have heard from other teams players parents, that once the season was over, the coach was no where to be found. It’s almost disgusting some of the things I’ve heard over the years. It was basically use and abuse, then forget and off to the next bunch.

I’d love to see every kid that wants to make it on the next level get an opportunity, sadly I tbink a lot of coaches forget why they are doing what they are doing, or only care about themselves and their image, I.e. wins/losses.

I’ve seen several parents in the past basically do the recruiting for the kid. Sending video, stats, what have you, to college coaches. And that’s great, but I still think it’d be taken more seriously coming from a coach.
FoSho Wrote:Allen was less than spectacular vs Boyle Co and FDU, not sure that's a valid argument.

Now I know of another QB in the area that's been ballin' this season vs all comers. I'm not sayin' I'm just sayin'.

And where are his offers from?
Walt Longmire Wrote:And where are his offers from?

That was an inside joke with Hatz.

But to answer your question...small schools I think, same situation as Stinson evidently. Some small D1 in contact.
Frank Martin Wrote:I have seen Sheron at camps running the 40, etc., he is a 4.9 guy. He ran a 4.96 at the Elite 11 regional in Nashville.

Interesting, I'll take your word for it! I guess he seems faster to me because he never really seems like he's running that hard, but maybe that's just how he runs.
RoShamBo Wrote:Interesting, I'll take your word for it! I guess he seems faster to me because he never really seems like he's running that hard, but maybe that's just how he runs.

Sharon is 6'4" and that helps. No way his offer to UK is committable but he's on their radar, which is important.
The DE is not playing anywhere he decided to pursue college on the academic side only.
That I do, however I am not authorized to give that information...lol you know a full ride is a full ride free education I would be a clipboard carrying mofo for 5 years fosho
Do you know every school has or had that athlete that most feel can play at that next level? , The bottom line is the D1 colleges have a scale for them to look at you hard if you are a offensive lineman a center has to be a certain height certain weight as well as the guards and tackles Add in certain speed among other things Like a 40 yard dash timeThat is who they look at at the players for the positions that meet those qualifications. Everybody cannot be an exception to the rule like Danny Trevathan who not only played D1 ball but is doing great in the league. Why did the bigger D1 schools not go after JJ height weight and speed.
[quote=Hatz]I mean no disrespect in this but the level of competition (ie. size) doesn't leave recruiters a lot to compare with. Allen has performed well vs Cov Cath, Frederick Douglas and Boyle County. I think Mayfield always plays as tough a schedule as they can but Stinson hasn't played vs anyone of the caliber of those three IMO. :Thumbs:[/QUOTE).

I wasn’t comparing him to Allen. I was comparing him to Somerset QB
Just putting this out there - I heard UL had a coach at the Hoptown - Tilghman game not sure who they were scoping, Reece Jesse perhaps.
Killer in the Sun Wrote:Wrong. There is no player from Mayfield playing at SIU. Grave's Crider is. Brady Smith got a scholly to SEMO but decided to not play.

Didn’t know that. Thought I had heard he was going to SIU.
Regarding the D end from Mayfield going to SIU, that kid had the enviable option of taking an athletic scholarship or a full ride academic scholarship. He chose academic. Can't blame him one bit. Great kid, BTW!
Killer in the Sun Wrote:UK has Gilmore and Wood both were talented HS qb's. To say that Stinson could go in there and outplay Bowden and the other backup's is asinine.

Killer in the sun your reading skills are bad dumbass!!!!I said UK needed to recruit him,nowhere did i say he would go in and beat Gilmore or woods out.Let me ask you this why havent they seen the field instead use their best wr. so they must not have faith in them so how good are they!!!!:redboxer:
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:Made a comment on how UK needed to get in on Jaden Stinsons recruting.i was told real quick by a few that he wasnt good enough and that he didnt have any college D1 offers.Does anyone know if he has any offers or not.He would be a major upgrade at uk for the poor QB play they have had lately.

What does this mean? A major upgrade over the qb UK has now. That's what you are saying, or do you not know what you are saying... like usual.

ps...you write like a 3rd grader.
Killer in the Sun Wrote:What does this mean? A major upgrade over the qb UK has now. That's what you are saying, or do you not know what you are saying... like usual.

ps...you write like a 3rd grader.
Stinson is a great HS QB and we could not ask for more, his numbers speak for themselves in that dept. I am just a arm chair QB so I have no idea what colleges are looking for in a college QB.
Killer in the Sun Wrote:ps...you write like a 3rd grader.

Double post there Killer!!!!Do u stutter or do you love to hear yourself talk or type in this case.Hows that for writing???I usually like your posts because i know you are a Mayfield fan as am I.But insulting someone as you did me over my opinion is childish Killer!!!!!
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:Double post there Killer!!!!Do u stutter or do you love to hear yourself talk or type in this case.Hows that for writing???I usually like your posts because i know you are a Mayfield fan as am I.But insulting someone as you did me over my opinion is childish Killer!!!!!

You didn't answer the question.

As for your writing, you usually don't you use commas and correct capitalization and spacing. Plus, it's hard to tell sometimes what you're trying to say.....like a 3rd grader.
Killer in the Sun Wrote:You didn't answer the question.

As for your writing, you usually don't you use commas and correct capitalization and spacing. Plus, it's hard to tell sometimes what you're trying to say.....like a 3rd grader.

Im not trying to impress anyone Killer unlike yourself with all your asinine bs that you spout.Ill tell you one thing Jaden could pass rings around Lynn Bowden no doubt in my mind so take it for what its worth horses ass.Ill be at all Mayfields ballgames Killer look me up!!!!!
:igiveup: All right guys, put the tape measures up.
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:Im not trying to impress anyone Killer unlike yourself with all your asinine bs that you spout.Ill tell you one thing Jaden could pass rings around Lynn Bowden no doubt in my mind so take it for what its worth horses ass.Ill be at all Mayfields ballgames Killer look me up!!!!!

In Your Mind, Jaden could pass rings around Bowden.

In Your Mind, you're qb evaluator....that's the problem...in your mind.
I'm not trying to take a side here but I got news for anyone that thinks Lynn Bowden is a QB. He has very little skills as a true QB. He is a great athelete that has played QB in the past and is a big time running threat but only a serviceable passer. If UK had to pass the ball a lot he would most certainly be unable to have much success at all.

There are a few KY HS QBs that can throw the ball better than Bowden...or any other UK QB.
FoSho Wrote:I'm not trying to take a side here but I got news for anyone that thinks Lynn Bowden is a QB. He has very little skills as a true QB. He is a great athelete that has played QB in the past and is a big time running threat but only a serviceable passer. If UK had to pass the ball a lot he would most certainly be unable to have much success at all.

You're correct, he is not a true college QB but was an outstanding HS QB. The average person can't evaluate what level a kid can play at, being it a QB or running back or even a lineman.
Killer in the Sun Wrote:You're correct, he is not a college QB but was an outstanding HS QB. The average person can't evaluate what level a kid can play at, being it a QB or running back or even a lineman.

I don't disagree with you on that at all.

But Bowden isn't a passer and he wasn't in high school either. He is an elite athlete that is playing QB because of his running ability. I'm impressed with what he's doing.