Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jaden Stinson
FoSho Wrote:I don't disagree with you on that at all.

But Bowden isn't a passer and he wasn't in high school either. He is an elite athlete that is playing QB because of his running ability. I'm impressed with what he's doing.

Me too.
Amazing how often schools miss out on kids because of measurables. Some kids are just players. Drew Brees says hello
E's Army Wrote:Amazing how often schools miss out on kids because of measurables. Some kids are just players. Drew Brees says hello

Not sure Brees is a good example, he did go to Purdue. UK recruited him hard, not sure he was recruited that hard by the Texas schools. And was the 32nd pick and #2 QB taken in the NFL draft.
What was that one QB that everyone looked over? Went to a small no name school? Won multiple Super Bowls? Got passed over in the draft by a couple other QBs? Will probably go down as one the the greatest?
Hound05 Wrote:What was that one QB that everyone looked over? Went to a small no name school? Won multiple Super Bowls? Got passed over in the draft by a couple other QBs? Will probably go down as one the the greatest?

Really wondering who you are thinking of? Seriously.
Hound05 Wrote:What was that one QB that everyone looked over? Went to a small no name school? Won multiple Super Bowls? Got passed over in the draft by a couple other QBs? Will probably go down as one the the greatest?

It's not Brady, Montana, Aikman, either Manning, Starr, or Elway

Roethlisberger, because he went to Miami of Ohio? Hopefully not, as Roethlisberger is 6'5", has a bazooka for an arm, and only played QB his senior year.

Bradshaw? Again, he's 6'3" and had a powerful arm.

Plunkett? He's 6'3'' and went to Stanford, so... probably not the choice?

Bob Griese? Is Purdue considered a "no name" school? Two Super Bowls, but not an all-time great.

Staubach? Again, 6'3".

I too am very interesting is learning which professional QB Stinson is being compared to. The kid is solid, and I hope he has a great life, with or without football, but, uh... the 12 guys that won multiple Super Bowls at QB, are pretty flipping good.
Marino, last taken in the draft that year and boy was that a mistake
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Marino, last taken in the draft that year and boy was that a mistake

Marino played for Pitt when the Panthers just missed being National Champs in those years.

Wouldn’t be him.
Hatz Wrote:Marino played for Pitt when the Panthers just missed being National Champs in those years.

Wouldn’t be him.

Agree but he was over looked in the draft
He was a 1st round pick!
This thread is getting dumber and dumber by the minute.
fosho Wrote:this thread is getting dumber and dumber by the minute.

lol
FoSho Wrote:Staffs at Corbin and especially Frederick Douglass openly promote and assist/sell players and get college staffs at their schools/practices for visits.

Some coaches do some calling and emailing of college programs informing them of their players.

Some coaches don't do a damn thing and believe winning a state title is the one and only focus a team should have.

This...Coaches throughout the state and even some boosters of the most prominent football schools still don’t understand, kids in other states are sold to programs by the coaching staff...it’s what makes Kentucky different, nepotism is horrible here if a kid is good wth let someone know about it...the post season polls in state are a joke and it’s obvious...it’s disheartening the amount of true D1 talent that never gets noticed because of politics...there’s a kid in Minnesota that I’d never heard of from Kentucky that’s a prime example of exactly what I’m talking about...
I was going to say Phil Simms
oldcardfan Wrote:I was going to say Phil Simms

I thought if Phil but he only won 1 Super Bowl. He was hurt for the 1991 Super Bowl.