Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville at Somerset 2A 1st Round 10/8
Somerset jumped out to a big lead and then seemed to lose focus in a 40-21 regular season win. Can Danville hang around this time or even pull the upset?
Walt Longmire Wrote:Somerset jumped out to a big lead and then seemed to lose focus in a 40-21 regular season win. Can Danville hang around this time or even pull the upset?

They're capable, especially if Somerset is looking forward to next week. I think it'll be the opposite of last time, with Danville hanging around for a while before Somerset pulls away late.
Briar Jumpers by 14
Somerset rolls 35-14
Bunnies, running clock.
I think Danville could pull off the upset, but really don't think they will. Somerset by 14
Danville is 100% capable of pulling the upset. Athletic running back, solid line, and LCA game looming for Somerset. That being said, Danville-21 Somerset-20
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:Danville is 100% capable of pulling the upset. Athletic running back, solid line, and LCA game looming for Somerset. That being said, Danville-21 Somerset-20

Danville has no shot at winning this game. Zero.

Somerset - 49
Danville - 13
I think Somerset will beat Danville pretty good and beat LCA pretty good in the second round if LCA can make it that far, they are not a very physical, big, and fundamental team. I believe it’ll be Mayfield vs Somerset in the state championship
FoSho Wrote:Danville has no shot at winning this game. Zero.

Somerset - 49
Danville - 13
It was 40-21 last game with a late TD by somerset. Danville turned the ball over twice early. This game will be closer than many people think.
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:It was 40-21 last game with a late TD by somerset. Danville turned the ball over twice early. This game will be closer than many people think.

It was also 34-7 at one point.

It has potential to be close. Doesn't mean it's likely that it will be. Somerset is still the superior team.
Danville has issues with turnover bug, could have blamed it on the wet night but somerset fought through the same conditions during this first meeting. Don’t sleep on Clevenger, a great coach that had a bye week to game plan this matchup, with future district player of the year (sophomore RB - Burns). It be a sweet turnaround for the Admiral morale for the season with a little upset.

Low scoring defensive game - with kicking issues.

Ads - 20
Somerset - 13
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:It was 40-21 last game with a late TD by somerset. Danville turned the ball over twice early. This game will be closer than many people think.

Danville is a year or two away from contention.

Somerset - 49
Danville - 13

Have to respectfully disagree it’s you FoSho Somerset seems to be a little banged up and that Danville running back is something special along with a few key defensive players and a very solid offensive line it would be a tough upset but I definitely can see it happening. You never know in the playoffs.
Somerset 49
Danville 14
Somerset by 21
Jumpers-35
Ads-14
I think the Briar Jumpers advance 34-14.
Somerset easily, +3 TDs

Somerset - 49
Danville - 13

I would hold my horses on that one. Danville has a very fundamental o/d line and a top RB in the backfield in Burns that runs hard and fast and athletes at a lot of positions, their record is not very indicative of how good of a team they are. Somerset is very banged up and looking ahead so don’t look for an easy game. Clevenger did not forget how to coach and will have a very good game-plan for Somerset so expect a close game and possible upset.
RoShamBo Wrote:It was also 34-7 at one point.

It has potential to be close. Doesn't mean it's likely that it will be. Somerset is still the superior team.

That is true, but how much does somerset’s injury bug play into this game along with Somerset possibly overlooking them in anticipation of LCA?
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:Danville is 100% capable of pulling the upset. Athletic running back, solid line, and LCA game looming for Somerset. That being said, Danville-21 Somerset-20

I agree with PHSFarmersMarker! I’m looking forward to this matchup. Somerset is not a physical team so Danville will have a cake walk scoring it up. Bunnies will get stomp first round. No doubt about it!
Fbfan59 Wrote:I would hold my horses on that one. Danville has a very fundamental o/d line and a top RB in the backfield in Burns that runs hard and fast and athletes at a lot of positions, their record is not very indicative of how good of a team they are. Somerset is very banged up and looking ahead so don’t look for an easy game. Clevenger did not forget how to coach and will have a very good game-plan for Somerset so expect a close game and possible upset.

How would you have any idea whether Somerset is looking ahead or not?
I am not a Danville hater. Just based upon what I saw this season they are outmatched versus the Bunnies.

Next year and the year after that could very easily be a different story.
Is there any real reason to think it will be any different the second time around?
Fbfan59 Wrote:That is true, but how much does somerset’s injury bug play into this game along with Somerset possibly overlooking them in anticipation of LCA?

They will obviously be looking forward to another shot at LCA, but I wouldn't count on too much of a letdown. Somerset always has and always will circle Danville on the schedule every season, no matter what kind of team they have.
FoSho Wrote:I am not a Danville hater. Just based upon what I saw this season they are outmatched versus the Bunnies.

Next year and the year after that could very easily be a different story.

I agree!!
As bad as all the Danville fans wish and hope for an upset I just don’t think it happens. They will play Somerset hard and probably even make it closer but they should considering it would be there last game if they lose.

Somerset 35
Danville 24
I think the Ads are a year away from making noise but they will give the effort. Clevenger will see to that.

Danville and Somerset have a long history of playoff and/or District clashes. I just don't see the ADS beating the Bunnies this year.
Bunnies by 20
This might seem insane but I think Danville can somehow pull up the upset on Somerset and the upset on LCA, because LCA is a very small team and they don’t have any outstanding players, but in the state I think Mayfield will blow Danville away because how physical and big they are. Back to the LCA subject, in my opinion they are the worst 1 seed to ever play in 2a playoff game, I wouldn’t be surprised if they lost first round to Washington Co.