Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County vs Estill County 11/8
Playoff football is finally here win or it’s all over! Rock (7-3) host a rematch that was a lot closer than Rock wanted in 18-13 win against Estill (5-5) Rock offense couldn’t get going first time around. Can the Rock keep improving and win this time decisively or will Estill county play spoiler?
Rockcastle county 21
Estill county 14
Rockcastle has been passing the ball really well last 4 games they have 514 pass yards 128 per game and 6 TD to 0 int. Much improved and something our offense has needed. With that said I think the rematch doesn’t look like the first meeting and Rock will pull away.

Rock 35
Estill 14
28-13 Rock
35-21 Rock
The last time these two met. Rock was still searching for its identity, they had lost go to guy the game before and offence was just out of sorts. They are rolling now
The winner will be a homecoming game for Bell County.
Ragnar Wrote:The winner will be a homecoming game for Bell County.

Don’t believe it will be that simple. Yea Bell will be favorite by quiet a bit but don’t think either will just roll over and let them have it. If Rock wins this Friday they may not have the horses to hang with Bell for 4 quarters but they have heart and pride and will line up and hit Bell with everything they have as I'm sure Estill would do the same. No quit in our boys. We have a different attitude and have been playing really well and have came into ourselves at the right time. Hopefully we take care of business against Estill then we can see if we’re Bell’s homecoming! No need for rude or disrespectful comments. Good luck to all it’s finally win or your years over every game will only get you one step closer and anything can happen in the playoffs!
Rock 35
Estill 21
No one seems to be giving Estill a chance in this game. Everyone talks about how Rock has improved since the last match-up. I am here to tell you that Estill has also improved since the last match-up. (One in which they gave away if you recall) A TD at the end of the Half on a hail mary type of play and then a punt return TD. Rock did not do well against a Estill D that has improved and I believe to be the strength of their team.
Fear the Rock. They roll by 20.
jumpshooter Wrote:No one seems to be giving Estill a chance in this game. Everyone talks about how Rock has improved since the last match-up. I am here to tell you that Estill has also improved since the last match-up. (One in which they gave away if you recall) A TD at the end of the Half on a hail mary type of play and then a punt return TD. Rock did not do well against a Estill D that has improved and I believe to be the strength of their team.

Not saying anything negative towards Estill just saying that Rock has improved a lot they had to find there offense after losing there star Running back. The offense was built pretty much around him and his abilities to be the star of the team. Once he went down it took some time for the team to find it’s new identity and when it did it has looked a lot better then before. Rock has found a solid passing game and a new style of running the ball to become really balanced. The defense has been playing really great stopping the run and doing well against the pass. Just overall a different looking team that should play well tomorrow or today I guess now. All in all we will find out on the field tonight. Good luck to everyone and hope we have a clean fun injury free game for both teams! As always Go Rock!
If Estill can pull the upset, it will be a long winter for the Rock football program
I said it would be close the last time, I was the only one if I recall. Estill is still a team running a new offense that is way way different then the previous one they ran for basically 20 years. It takes time to get that going.. Defense is usually ahead of the offense in major overhauls like the one they are going to thru. Rock still has their best player at QB and is the strength o their offense. Estill defensively has come along way (from where I have seen them in past, which was AWFUL!) but still aren't where they need to be. I am going to again pick this game as closer than the experts think. Unfortunately the winner gets BELL at BELL. YUCK!
Estill causes a 4th quarter fumble to take back for a score and dont beat themselves this time around for the upset at Rock 21-14
This is going to be an all out war! This is basically just for bragging rights heading into next season for these two teams. They both realistically know that their season is over even if they win this game. Having to go to Bell on Log Mountain is not a great prize for winning a playoff game, but it is what it is. At least they did not have to go there tonight in the first round and they have a chance at a playoff win. Good luck to both teams and here's to hoping everyone stays healthy.

Estill- 27

Rock- 20

Go Neers!
Guess Estill feels there improved too. Only makes for a more interesting game tonight then. Bundle up it’s going to be an extremely cold one! Good luck to both teams Rock is going to have to come out strong an never look back. Play smothering defense like the last several weeks and try and get out to a solid lead in this one! Go Rock!
It was 50-14 Rockcastle over Estill with 2:33 left in the game when I turned off the WRVK website radio. Rock goes to Dud's Log Mountain Jamboree next week. Good luck to the Rock Boys!