• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martin County At Shelby Valley 11-8-19 2A Round 1
Thoughts.
Shelby Valley 49
Martin County 14
Shelby Valley by 28
I’ll take the cards 24-21
This could be a good game but I think Shelby Valley wins
Martin County has been without Kolby Sparks who is one of their top rusher the last four games, when he is in the game he makes a difference. this one is to close to call
Shelby Valley won the first meeting between these two 41-12 @ Martin County. Martin County has much improved from last season but not enough yet to knock off Shelby Valley
Meade and company will be too much for the Cardinals again. 35-14 Valley
Shelby Valley by 21+ as long as Meade is playing/healthy
Wildcats will just be too much for Martin County... SV wins, 42-20.

Shelby Valley is capable of making things interesting this post season.
Martin Co is headed in the right direction it seems but I think Shelby Valley gets one more win this season. SV wins 35-8.
Shelby Valley by 21-28 feels about right
IntheZone Wrote:I’ll take the cards 24-21

Curious as to why you are making this prediction, considering SV completely dominated the first matchup. As far as I know, Valley won't be missing anyone that they had for the first game, when SV was up 41-0 before the Cards scored their first TD.

I expect Martin County to contend for this district soon, but not this year. Valley wins by 14.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Curious as to why you are making this prediction, considering SV completely dominated the first matchup. As far as I know, Valley won't be missing anyone that they had for the first game, when SV was up 41-0 before the Cards scored their first TD.

I expect Martin County to contend for this district soon, but not this year. Valley wins by 14.

I agree but I don’t think it will be that close. Martin County will be in a much better position to make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs next season.
WestCarterComet Wrote:I agree but I don’t think it will be that close. Martin County will be in a much better position to make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs next season.

Will be interesting to see how next year plays out. Valley loses Dalton Meade as well as a bunch of starters on the line, so I expect them to take a step back. But on the other hand, they do get both West and Martin at home in the regular season after traveling to both this year.

Still, with West having Cline back for his senior year, they will be the favorite going into next season.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Of the district games, Cline only played fully in the Shelby Valley game and East Ridge.

The Comets will return a lot more playmakers than just Cline. Bond is an outstanding receiver. McGlone is a really good football player. A guy in the know tells me the freshman running back they have is going to be a stud too. The Comets are far more than just Cline.
Mc 28
sv 21
KYHSFB Wrote:Of the district games, Cline only played fully in the Shelby Valley game and East Ridge.

The Comets will return a lot more playmakers than just Cline. Bond is an outstanding receiver. McGlone is a really good football player. A guy in the know tells me the freshman running back they have is going to be a stud too. The Comets are far more than just Cline.

Plus returning 4 offensive lineman who have played a lot of varsity football. Comets are a good TEAM and will be the next two years too.
WestCarterComet Wrote:Plus returning 4 offensive lineman who have played a lot of varsity football. Comets are a good TEAM and will be the next two years too.

Is this a West Carter thread?

SV did dominate the Cardinals in the first matchup. But if a couple players. do their job for the Cards this is a different game. Plus, you throw Sparks back in the mix and who knows what might might happen?? And MC had a lot of the guys playing who were nursing inhibitors that’d have since healed up. Now, with that said SV May totally humiliate the Cards. But the trans in this district haven t seen a healthy MC squad. That could happen Friday 🤷*♂️
Cardinals ride Wrote:Is this a West Carter thread?

SV did dominate the Cardinals in the first matchup. But if a couple players. do their job for the Cards this is a different game. Plus, you throw Sparks back in the mix and who knows what might might happen?? And MC had a lot of the guys playing who were nursing inhibitors that’d have since healed up. Now, with that said SV May totally humiliate the Cards. But the trans in this district haven t seen a healthy MC squad. That could happen Friday 🤷*♂️

Were those “inhibitors” healed for the Middlesboro game? I know for the Martin County @ West Carter game that Bond didn’t play at all for the comets and Cline only had 5 touches and the Comets won by 31 with the starters only playing 3 quarters. Martin County didn’t score until West Carter subbed in JV players in 4th.
More Cowbell Wrote:Will be interesting to see how next year plays out. Valley loses Dalton Meade as well as a bunch of starters on the line, so I expect them to take a step back. But on the other hand, they do get both West and Martin at home in the regular season after traveling to both this year.

Still, with West having Cline back for his senior year, they will be the favorite going into next season.

Martin County gave Valley three TDs on mistakes the first go around. 70 yard bomb on 3rd and 15. Pick six. And blocked punt for TD. Cards D played well early. I think if they can come out with some confidence and play well early and often this game then they can move on. They play the games for a reason and we will find out Friday night just how it will go. I think these two teams are more even than the score of the last game indicated. But I have been wrong before so we shall see. Good luck to both teams and great job on successful seasons.
WestCarterComet Wrote:Were those “inhibitors” healed for the Middlesboro game? I know for the Martin County @ West Carter game that Bond didn’t play at all for the comets and Cline only had 5 touches and the Comets won by 31 with the starters only playing 3 quarters. Martin County didn’t score until West Carter subbed in JV players in 4th.
No. They weren’t. Missing 4 starters can really “inhibit” you. Not sure how much football you have played but a few key injuries can decimate teams without quality depth. Again, SV may time MC off the field again Friday night. Not sure what Bind or Cline not playing against MC has to do with that at all
Cardinals ride Wrote:No. They weren’t. Missing 4 starters can really “inhibit” you. Not sure how much football you have played but a few key injuries can decimate teams without quality depth. Again, SV may time MC off the field again Friday night. Not sure what Bind or Cline not playing against MC has to do with that at all

I would say not having your leading receiver or leading rusher would also inhibit a team but it didn’t make much of a difference to west carter when they played against Martin county. That is one of the reasons for me believing martin county is a year away from advancing to round 2. They’re not on the same level as West Carter or Shelby valley this year in my opinion. Martin County having players back that missed the first game against Shelby Valley should make it closer but not enough to get the a win in my opinion. However, if I am wrong hopefully I will get to watch Martin County @ West Carter Round 2 for the district title.
Sv-35
mc-14
This game probably just became a lil more one sided. Sparks, who MC was hopeful would play, just doesn’t look like he is gonna be able to go. And you add in the loss of Ethan Smith-Mills and this looks like a bad night for the Cards. They have had a great year. Hopefully, they can keep it competitive.
Cardinals ride Wrote:This game probably just became a lil more one sided. Sparks, who MC was hopeful would play, just doesn’t look like he is gonna be able to go. And you add in the loss of Ethan Smith-Mills and this looks like a bad night for the Cards. They have had a great year. Hopefully, they can keep it competitive.

Loss of Smith-Mills?
WestCarterComet Wrote:Loss of Smith-Mills?

Is he hurt or did he quit to play basketball?
Regardless of the outcome, Martin County is taking steps in the right direction on building their program. They seem to have a solid coaching staff in place who is putting the work in that's necessary to build a successful program. With that being said, Shelby Valley is the more talented team this year and could possibly be the best team in the district. Shelby Valley wins 42-14.
WestCarterComet Wrote:Loss of Smith-Mills?

He’s been hurt all year.
Shelby Valley by 20