Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ridgeview, Va @ Pikeville 11/1/2019
Ridgeview comes to visit the Panthers on senior night so what do you posters think?
I think this will be a good game but the Panthers are too much at home.
Ridgeview's only loss was the Union team Paintsville beat.

Ridgeview is a good enough team that if Pikeville mails this one in or brings their B- game they will lose.

If Pikeville brings their B+ or better game they will win, but it will definitely be competitive.
Good luck Panthers and stay injury free. I expect the D-1 kid to make some plays that few others can but Pikeville has a much better team overall. For those that like to compare scores Paintsville beat Union on the road with our freshman QB (who played very well). Union defeated Ridgeview.
2000PHS Wrote:Good luck Panthers and stay injury free. I expect the D-1 kid to make some plays that few others can but Pikeville has a much better team overall. For those that like to compare scores Paintsville beat Union on the road with our freshman QB (who played very well). Union defeated Ridgeview.

What’s ridgeviews rank and class over there?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Panthers by 24
Ridgeview is 2A in VA, based on their enrollment they would be a 3A school in KY. According to VHSL (aka KHSAA) ranking system, they are #5 and Union is #2 in 2A, for whatever that means.

http://www.vhsl-reference.com/ratingsmai...DIVISION=2
They are the number 1 ranked team in 2A . 7-1 record
Watching a few plays of previous Ridgeview games it seems to me they better play better defensively if they want to stay in this one. Panthers by 3 TD’s
2000PHS Wrote:Good luck Panthers and stay injury free. I expect the D-1 kid to make some plays that few others can but Pikeville has a much better team overall. For those that like to compare scores Paintsville beat Union on the road with our freshman QB (who played very well). Union defeated Ridgeview.

Then Union lost to a very mediocre Central team and now Ridgeview is ranked #1 in 2A in VA per Calpreps.
45-14 Pikeville

Got down big early 26-10 at the half & Ridgeview about won in the end. Had two TD’s called back.
Gargamel Wrote:Got down big early 26-10 at the half & Ridgeview about won in the end. Had two TD’s called back.

They were down 26-3 early. You can watch the whole game here:

https://wcyb.com/news/local/friday-night...w-vs-union
Ky resident here but worked in Clintwood for 20 plus years. I have followed football over here pretty close and can tell you the fan base for Ridgeview is huge. They have a beautiful facility as well as field. Their team is actually still young, they have a good kicking game but seems like their defense can let up at times. Obviously they rely on Trenton Adkins for most of their offense, maybe too much! I expect they will bring a huge crowd to Pikeville Friday night and expect to compete. I think the game could be competitive but the Panthers have a little to much for the Pack in my opinion. Nothing against Pikeville but I have to root for the Pack in this one. Made some great friends while working over there and know a lot of the kids that will be playing. Should be a good atmosphere for a football game!
Panther88 Wrote:They are the number 1 ranked team in 2A . 7-1 record

Nope. Va. doesn't do rankings anymore. A few years ago, the longtime HS guy at the AP in Richmond passed away, and no one took over to do a statewide poll.
The VHSL doesn't do rankings, either. They use a ratings system for playing seeding, but no one considers them rankings.
Some TV stations do local rankings, but not statewide.
PantherMaroon Wrote:Ridgeview is 2A in VA, based on their enrollment they would be a 3A school in KY. According to VHSL (aka KHSAA) ranking system, they are #5 and Union is #2 in 2A, for whatever that means.

http://www.vhsl-reference.com/ratingsmai...DIVISION=2

Nope. The VHSL does NOT have a ranking system. VHSL-ref. is a guy. Hutch does do a pretty good job.
The VHSL has a points system, but it's only for playoff seeding.

CalPreps has a ratings system... Ridgeview is their top rated 2A team.
Nationwide, they have Pikeville as #1257, Belfry #2308, Ridgeview #2559, Paintsville #2755.
I think Pikeville wins this game by 2 TDs

The physicality of Pikeville on D will be too much for Ridgeview. And Pikevilles offense is unmatchable when they are hitting.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Trenton Adkins is a stud at Ridgeview, offers from Tennessee, Penn State , South Carolina, UVA, and many other D1 schools as a junior! Be careful Panthers! Kid can run the ball...
VHSL-helper Wrote:Nope. Va. doesn't do rankings anymore. A few years ago, the longtime HS guy at the AP in Richmond passed away, and no one took over to do a statewide poll.
The VHSL doesn't do rankings, either. They use a ratings system for playing seeding, but no one considers them rankings.
Some TV stations do local rankings, but not statewide.

There are other statewide rankings besides AP. They are ranked 1st by Maxpreps and Calpreps.
Pack by 6
Panther88 Wrote:There are other statewide rankings besides AP. They are ranked 1st by Maxpreps and Calpreps.

A. Maxpreps and Calpreps ratings are the SAME THING.

B. No, they are NOT ranked first by them.
Pikeville 28
Ridgeview 21
Pikeville 40
Ridgeview 22
Pikeville-48
Ridgeview, VA.-20
VHSL-helper Wrote:A. Maxpreps and Calpreps ratings are the SAME THING.

B. No, they are NOT ranked first by them.

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/high-schools/...nkings.htm

Copy and paste that to your address bar. Then scroll down to where it says 2A.
It’s game day Panthers so it’s back to business after another week off. Get focused and buckle up because this is another challenge to get to reach the goals you guys set for your team. Ridgeview is a very good team and they are coming to Hambley to win and the only thing between them and their goal is you guys the Maroon brothers. So do your jobs and play your game and I know it will work out to a Panthers win. Have fun and enjoy because this is what this team has worked for. Love you guys and good luck and hope for an injury free game for both teams and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Virginia newspapers don’t have a very high opinion of Pikeville. Picked Ridgeview 24-14 over Pikeville AT Pikeville.
Panthers punish boys from Virginia. Mismatch.
Go Panthers! The folks over on the message boards in SWVA seem pretty confident
Pikeville 32
Ridgeview 21
Good game early with emotions of senior night and the cool weather. Pikeville cannot arm tackle or tackle up high the running back from Ridgeview. Second half Pikeville pulls away.