Boyle 0.733
Franklin 0.730
Johnson Central 0.710
Boyle passes Franklin and doesn’t play.🤔
Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyle 0.733
Franklin 0.730
Johnson Central 0.710

It's getting there. Once Johnson Central jumps Franklin then, IMO, it will be correct.
#55PirateFan Wrote:It's getting there. Once Johnson Central jumps Franklin then, IMO, it will be correct.

I agree, and I also think Franklin COULD POSSIBLY takes two losses before the season ends they have to play Waggener and Central back to back I believe.

On a side note my thumbnail of the RPI looks terrible.
I think it all works out, bottom line is you have to beat the best teams to win a championship regardless... doesn’t matter if it’s in round 2 or in the finals!! Hopefully Franklin can scrounge up a win or two, the next few weeks and stay legitimate.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I agree, and I also think Franklin COULD POSSIBLY takes two losses before the season ends they have to play Waggener and Central back to back I believe.

On a side note my thumbnail of the RPI looks terrible.

Yes, your thumbnail is terrible! 😂
FCSPY Wrote:I think it all works out, but boys, bottom line is you have to beat the best teams to win a championship regardless... doesn’t matter if it’s in round 2 or in the finals!! Hopefully Franklin can scrounge up a win or two, the next few weeks and stay legitimate.

Your absolutely correct brother, you gotta beat the best. I wasn't throwing off on Franklin at all. Their up at the top for a reason. Good luck to you guys.
I didn’t take it that way. I’m still up in the air on the RPI thing, but I think it is working it’s way out.
FCSPY Wrote:I didn’t take it that way. I’m still up in the air on the RPI thing, but I think it is working it’s way out.

Me to buddy. I'm way up in the air with it. But I agree, I think it may eventually works it way out. I hope. Lol!
IMO

Proof that the RPI has been a joke is Boyle beat Mercer by 36 and was 3 spots behind them in the rankings. Not a knock on Mercer, just facts.
Franklin county played 7 games
So really ,.
Boyle 6 games
Johnson central ,6 games
Than Franklin county ahead because of extra game
Franklin County I don't think is up because of the extra game. The RPI is calculated by dividing the wins by total games 7/7=1 and 6/6=1. Johnson Central has a weak district and their RPI will suffer because of it. They will also lose some points because their last game is against a lower classification of team and the points available for that game will be lower. It might take a Franklin County defeat to lower them enough for Johnson Central to reach 2nd in the RPI standing. However Franklin County's last opponent currently has no wins. They will take a hit on their RPI because they could potentially get .35 plus the 15% increase for playing up for the win and then no additional points for their opponent's wins and their opponent's opponent's wins.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyle 0.733
Franklin 0.730
Johnson Central 0.710

This thumbnail needs to be fixed like Jack Lambert's front teeth (Steelers HOF linebacker) 😜
FoSho Wrote:IMO

Proof that the RPI has been a joke is Boyle beat Mercer by 36 and was 3 spots behind them in the rankings. Not a knock on Mercer, just facts.

I’m lost could you tell me what rankings?🤔
Jack Lambert Wrote:I’m lost could you tell me what rankings?🤔

IMO

Ststewide RPI, last week.

I am not sure why the KHSAA list the rankings like that. I think that they should be divided by class. Lower classification schools get more points for playing up. Class 6A schools wins can only be worth 1 or less if they play down. If Boyle had been in 3A this year and playing the same teams their RPI would be higher.
I’m not gonna complain because the changes they’ve made this year are changes in the right direction. Maybe next year or so they can improve on the formula used to calculate the standings. I’ve never been a fan of RPI ever since more advanced metrics have came out.

Oh okay I hadn’t said the statewide RPI.

Boyle is higher now. The reason Mercer was higher was because of strength of schedule up to that point or opponents win%. The 1st 3 games really hurt Boyle's RPI because they were all so low and have a combined record of 4-15. Mercer is your highest ranked RPI team on the schedule. Catholic and Anderson should help Boyle's RPI go up after they play them and with Boyle already being #1 RPI in 4A no one else should jump ahead of them by season end. Mercer's RPI could slip a little as 2 of their last 3 opponents have a very low RPI. I don't think the RPI is perfect by any means but I do like that it takes into account strength of schedule up to that point in the season.
UK1 Wrote:Boyle is higher now. The reason Mercer was higher was because of strength of schedule up to that point or opponents win%. The 1st 3 games really hurt Boyle's RPI because they were all so low and have a combined record of 4-15. Mercer is your highest ranked RPI team on the schedule. Catholic and Anderson should help Boyle's RPI go up after they play them and with Boyle already being #1 RPI in 4A no one else should jump ahead of them by season end. Mercer's RPI could slip a little as 2 of their last 3 opponents have a very low RPI. I don't think the RPI is perfect by any means but I do like that it takes into account strength of schedule up to that point in the season.

IMO

I understand why. I just think ANY system that something like this could happen in is not a good system.

That is meant with no disrespect to the Titans.

I understand why. I just think ANY system that something like this could happen in is not a good system.

That is meant with no disrespect to the Titans.

The system being used is never intended to be a week by week system. It's intended to reveal a better standing when the season is concluded and all the data is in. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:The system being used is never intended to be a week by week system. It's intended to reveal a better standing when the season is concluded and all the data is in. :Thumbs:

IMO

Then they shouldn't be posting it until the season is concluded.
I think showing the ranking early will help people see how it slowly develops into a accurate ranking. I like the fact we can all see it and it’s not a bunch of people voting to determine how seeding will go.

Then they shouldn't be posting it until the season is concluded.

Weekly reveals are an attempt to keep conversation going and interest up IMO.
Hatz Wrote:Weekly reveals are an attempt to keep conversation going and interest up IMO.

IMO

Which is what we are doing.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Oh okay I hadn’t said the statewide RPI.

I hate spell check autocorrect or whatever.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I hate spell check autocorrect or whatever.

IMO

It's like an electronic grammatical version of a wife.

It's like an electronic grammatical version of a wife.

That’s not YOUR opinion. That’s a fact
What is with all the “IMO”ing???
Dline Wrote:What is with all the “IMO”ing???

Don’t ask. Please dear lord baby Jesus don’t ask haha.
Hound05 Wrote:Don’t ask. Please dear lord baby Jesus don’t ask haha.

Just seems a little over the top.