Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 45 Caldwell Co 7
Final..

The Cardinals came to play tonight.. The offense scored on 7 of 9 possessions in the game, the last taking a knee.. The defense started out a little shaky as Caldwell was stopped on there opening drive inside the red zone, scoring a TD on there 2nd drive and again turning it over on downs deep in Cardinal territory on the 3rd.. After that, the Tigers never really threatened and had very few 1st downs..

Over 500 yards of total offense with over 300 rushing.. Galbraith carried it 16 times for 213 yards and 2 TDs..
Mayfield with 518 total yards.
Kylan Galbraith was 17 rushes for 223 yards.
303 total rushing yards.
Stinson threw for 215 yards.
Cards look to be getting back to their old selves. Congrats!
The backs and qb for Caldwell looked good. Just too much to keep up with.
That number 4 for Caldwell is very good, his quick change of direction will break defenders ankles!
Mayfield vs LCA in Lexington at Kroger Field, calling it now :partyhard
64SUR Wrote:Mayfield vs LCA in Lexington at Kroger Field, calling it now :partyhard

I pray you are correct, we owe that bunch one from 2009 so I am pulling hard for that matchup
64SUR Wrote:Mayfield vs LCA in Lexington at Kroger Field, calling it now :partyhard

That would be a good one. LCA is a real good football team and Mayfield, well their Mayfield! Love to see that game if it happens.
#55PirateFan Wrote:That would be a good one. LCA is a real good football team and Mayfield, well their Mayfield! Love to see that game if it happens.

LCA appears to me to be the favorite over Somerset who I'm just not sold on but I have missed the winner of the last 2 title games so I could be wrong
The Somerset offensive line is the equivalent to the DeSales defensive line. As predicted, we saw how that went last night.
Somerset's got an uphill road to climb now. They lost Alex Miller, their starting RB and probably their best offensive player, for the season last night at Hazard.
Mayfield is Mayfield. They will continue to improve and likely make yet another trip to the finals.

When they get there, though, they will have to face Somerset. Write it down. No way just one or two injuries stop that juggernaut.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:The Somerset offensive line is the equivalent to the DeSales defensive line. As predicted, we saw how that went last night.

I watched the pt game last night an i was impressed by desales.. kinda funny but i was asked by several what i thought we would be able to do against desales this year..anwser to that, it woulda been a tough game, desales secondary had size an fairly speedy but pt had guys breaking open if qb play had been there its a diffrent game..with mayfields passing game it prob woulda been a 10- 14 point mayfiel game...pt did not play very well an the play calling was horrible. They did exactly what you cant do against desales run up the middle an desales had the box completely loaded cause pts qb couldnt have hit a 40' billboard last night.. horrible play..

With that said the Lausanne team we played at the first of the year was bigger avg 6'4" 290lbs.. big lines seldom beat Mayfield.. two may weapons.. Stinson has a very quick release an only needs one sec to strike.. plus when he is flushed he is one of the best iv seen for mayfield on throwing on the run with crazy accuracy..
I’m predicting LCA wins over Somerset after doing my research. They have played a much tougher schedule and I think that pays off this time of the year. Now it’s even worse since Somerset lost a RB.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:LCA appears to me to be the favorite over Somerset who I'm just not sold on but I have missed the winner of the last 2 title games so I could be wrong

No doubt that will be one heck of a game. Losing Miller also hurts Somerset. We played LCA. I'm telling you from my point of view, their the real deal. Now whether or not they can beat Somerset or Mayfield is yet to be seen.
mysonis55 Wrote:I’m predicting LCA wins over Somerset after doing my research. They have played a much tougher schedule and I think that pays off this time of the year. Now it’s even worse since Somerset lost a RB.

I agree. Especially now after the injury to their star RB. Trust me when I say we know exactly what happens when you lose a star player. The whole team and game plan is thrown out of sync. People can say what they want but one player can decide whether you win or lose football games. Tough break for the Bunnies. Regardless, good luck to them the rest of the way and especially to the young man who was injured.
There is a lot of football yet to be played by all these teams.. Mayfield still has Murray, OB Catholic and others to get through to even think about a title game and of course LCA and Somerset have to get through each other and I'm sure Breathitt and a couple of others will still have a say. Way to early to speculate, but, I do think one of those 3 are likely going to be your champion, but it's far from a given at this point. Like Somerset losing there star running back, one of these other teams could lose a key player or 2 to injury and all of a sudden the dynamics change.
ontopofthewest Wrote:I watched the pt game last night an i was impressed by desales.. kinda funny but i was asked by several what i thought we would be able to do against desales this year..anwser to that, it woulda been a tough game, desales secondary had size an fairly speedy but pt had guys breaking open if qb play had been there its a diffrent game..with mayfields passing game it prob woulda been a 10- 14 point mayfiel game...pt did not play very well an the play calling was horrible. They did exactly what you cant do against desales run up the middle an desales had the box completely loaded cause pts qb couldnt have hit a 40' billboard last night.. horrible play..

With that said the Lausanne team we played at the first of the year was bigger avg 6'4" 290lbs.. big lines seldom beat Mayfield.. two may weapons.. Stinson has a very quick release an only needs one sec to strike.. plus when he is flushed he is one of the best iv seen for mayfield on throwing on the run with crazy accuracy..

It's hard to judge how you'd do against a team by watching them play a team that plays a completely differenct style than you. You said that PT did what you cannot do against DeSales--run up the middle and that DeSales loaded the box. Don't you think that a coaching staff as capable as the Colts staff is knew that they couldn't throw the ball well enough to consistently connect downfield even if some receivers broke open? I'm willing to bet that they wouldn't pack the box against Mayfield and the Cardinals would be looking at a whole different defensive approach if that game happened. Maybe it would work, maybe it wouldn't but I'm pretty sure that the Cardinals wouldn't be looking at the same coverages that the Tornadoes did.
mysonis55 Wrote:I’m predicting LCA wins over Somerset after doing my research. They have played a much tougher schedule and I think that pays off this time of the year. Now it’s even worse since Somerset lost a RB.

This is great news. After all your incorrect predictions of running clocks and the PT over DeSales prediction it makes me feel a lot better that you're picking LCA.
Walt Longmire Wrote:It's hard to judge how you'd do against a team by watching them play a team that plays a completely differenct style than you. You said that PT did what you cannot do against DeSales--run up the middle and that DeSales loaded the box. Don't you think that a coaching staff as capable as the Colts staff is knew that they couldn't throw the ball well enough to consistently connect downfield even if some receivers broke open? I'm willing to bet that they wouldn't pack the box against Mayfield and the Cardinals would be looking at a whole different defensive approach if that game happened. Maybe it would work, maybe it wouldn't but I'm pretty sure that the Cardinals wouldn't be looking at the same coverages that the Tornadoes did.

Kinda under the understanding of this.. ur argument is mute tho.. Pt played a 1 dimensional game.. they do have tthe ability to pass just was not on target.. if they woulda been it woulda obviously opened up the defence a lil better.. i know u can understand that being 2 dimensional opens up the more possibilities of the ball going more places with less defenders equaling more yards an possibly more points.. Pt 7 out of ten times ran the ball directly at a line that they couldnt handle.. bad coaching.. should have changed formations to add blockers or something.. as a coaching staff this shoulda been address its all about the ability to adapt.. i could break this down futher on each position but truth is not that worried bout it.. point is mayfield has way more skilled weapons than Pt which woulda opened desales up an caused a diffrent outcome.. and ur right the eye test is all hypothetical.... desales secondary just didnt look anywhere near as strong as their line did..
Didn't think it would be this wide a margin. One man I know from princeton almost got his wish.
How in the **** did Desales get thrown into this topic.. Desales is a 3a team and will not play Mayfield or Caldwell, so, why are they even cluttering up this thread.. Who cares what Desales and Mayfield may or may not do to each other because all it is is speculation with no chance of it coming to fruition.. Mayfield needs to worry about Murray, OB Catholic and the like and not what Desales is doing..