Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 26 Raceland 0
Final.
Congratulations to Ashland but I didn’t think it would be that wide of margin. Still think these Rams are going to hard to deal with in the playoffs in 1A.
They were who we thought they were
And the taunting begins in, 5-4-3-2-....lol
If Raceland gets their QB back before the playoffs, they could be tough. They pretty much stayed with Ashland other than a few big plays by Hester and Pittman. The Rams just had no offense whatsoever, though.
Ramdad your Rams didn’t score 10
13/0 at half was evenly matched for the most part but Ashland especially Hester Pittman much too quick even for the Rams 2 speedsters. That kid Cox had the angle on Pittman after he broke free and still got out ran for a TD. Hester is a water bug can start and stop on a dime. Kid is a shut down CB on D the Rams never looked his way. Rams missing those RB’s they usually have
most seasons.
T-CATS Wrote:13/0 at half was evenly matched for the most part but Ashland especially Hester Pittman much too quick even for the Rams 2 speedsters. That kid Coz had the angle on Pittman after he broke free and still got out ran for a TD. Hester is a water bug can start and stop on a dime. Kid is a shut down CB on D no Rams never looked his way. Rams missing those RB’s they usually have
most seasons.

I can feel your pride just oozing out all over the place T-CATS, with this monumental victory...Speaking of pride, where has the "Prideful One" been lately?
Congrats Tomcats
Congratulations to tomcats
Fun game. I think Ashland might be fast enough to beat Russell who is likely better up front. I’ve watched Ashland but not Russell so I’m not sure. Looking forward to going to that one!

I love Hughes for Raceland, he’s going to be a player.
KYHSFB Wrote:Fun game. I think Ashland might be fast enough to beat Russell who is likely better up front. I’ve watched Ashland but not Russell so I’m not sure. Looking forward to going to that one!

Ashland might beat Russell but I think it is safe to say Ashland will have their hands full. Russell has 3 solid backs. The key will be how well Russell's passing game has came along since the Ironton game. We'll get back to that game on the week of the 18th.
KYHSFB Wrote:Fun game. I think Ashland might be fast enough to beat Russell who is likely better up front. I’ve watched Ashland but not Russell so I’m not sure. Looking forward to going to that one!

Man, I wish the Ashland/Russell game was next week. With Belfry on bye, I would have went to that game. I'm just glad their in the same district. That way Belfry don't have to play but one of them! That is if we make it that far. That game is setting up to be a dandy.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Ashland might beat Russell but I think it is safe to say Ashland will have their hands full. Russell has 3 solid backs. The key will be how well Russell's passing game has came along since the Ironton game. We'll get back to that game on the week of the 18th.

It’ll be a tough game! Pumped to watch it.
Well, that was ugly. Boys looked flat and tbh, looked beat from the jump. Stalling inside the 10 when it was still 13-0 was a back breaker. Pittman and Hester are shifty as all get out. I said pregame if we forced them to drive and score we could keep it a 2 score game. We didnt do that. Every score went for 40+ I believe. Onward and upward though. I think we can still make a run in the post season. Ashland was by far the quickest team we have played. Ashland and Russell game should be a dandy.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Ramdad your Rams didn’t score 10

Hahahah nope! Wasn’t even close to sniffing the end zone
Hester first TD 55 yards and a thing of beauty
Pittman 69 yard TD
Hester 87 yard TD
Pittman 29 yarder
Racelands lack of a running game outside of the QB could be there Achilles heal come playoff time. Ashland held them to -2 yards rushing at the half.

Raceland 31 carries 76 yards
Ashland 33 carries 335 yards
I have said for the last few weeks that know one really knows what this Rams team is. Russell and Ashland should beat then on a yearly basis . Raceland has one 7 of last 10 I believe against Russell and once in the last 10 against the Tomcats. Defense looks better alot of teams will give up chunk yards to those 2 guys Ashland has. They held the best team in their class to 12 points and to be honest the Rams were the better team that night. They played a WR at qb and had a chance. Now when Jake comes back it all changes the offense will be way more explosive and the Defense will get a rest. The defense was on the field all night it seemed . A deep run is not out the question at all.
I dont think so either RF. 1A is kind of hard to read this year. Pikeville the heavy favorite, we look like the season is over going into their place and with our qb2 not going down, I think we win that game. Pikeville then beats Belfry. Paintsville beats BW and plays essentially the same game against them that we did. Hazard goes under the radar for a few weeks, knocks off Paintsville and turns around and plays Somerset pretty well u till late in the game. Williamsburg can score on anyone and I think everyone is sleeping in NCC a little. It should be fun come November in 1A.
My biggest issue with this installment of the Rams is just the inconsistency from an emotional and physical stand point. One minute we ride high, the next we are fighting amongst ourselves. Kind of like the family base lol.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:My biggest issue with this installment of the Rams is just the inconsistency from an emotional and physical stand point. One minute we ride high, the next we are fighting amongst ourselves. Kind of like the family base lol.
That sounds like leadership problems Scotty.
🤔🤔🤔
Rams will win 3 of their next 4 pretty easily with paintsville being the other game so what’s that 6-4 not a bad season
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Rams will win 3 of their next 4 pretty easily with paintsville being the other game so what’s that 6-4 not a bad season

I actually think they can beat Taintsville!! Will they ??? Idk but I believe they can
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I actually think they can beat Taintsville!! Will they ??? Idk but I believe they can

You also thought the Rams would score more than 10 against Ashland
anotherfootballnut Wrote:You also thought the Rams would score more than 10 against Ashland

True...I thought we at least Accidentally score twice !! Oh well