Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is so special about the Republicans?
More Cowbell Wrote:You are absolutely right, the Republican party has held too much power during that time frame. But the solution is not for the Democrats to suddenly be the ones in charge of everything, either.

People complain that when the president is from one party and Congress is controlled by the other, that very little ever gets done due to fighting. But that is much more preferable to one party getting to ram their entire agenda through uncontested. At least when the two sides are forced to have discussions about the issues, they usually arrive at joint agreements that don't include radical viewpoints from either side.
IMO this country was ran most effectively when Republicans had control of the House under Newt the Senate and Supreme Court were split and Clinton was in the Whitehouse. They seemed to work good together. Wages and jobs went up our allies overseas were in love with us.
DevilsWin Wrote:IMO this country was ran most effectively when Republicans had control of the House under Newt the Senate and Supreme Court were split and Clinton was in the Whitehouse. They seemed to work good together. Wages and jobs went up our allies overseas were in love with us.

Since the last general election we have a similar situation, what with a Republican president, a right-leaning Supreme Court, and the Democrats controlling both the House and Senate.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There are vast issues in our nation that need solutions;
those solutions have various consequences, intended and
unintended. No person or group wants the solutions to
involve any kind of sacrifice on their part. "It's the
damn illegal aliens...It's the damn liberals...It's the
damn conservatives...It's the lazy poor...It's the
selfish rich...It's the environmental wackos...It's the
oil tycoons...It's the far religious right." And all
these groups have lobbyists. And all these groups look
at Congress and say, "Feed me, feed me." In a pack
of dogs, which dog eats first? The strongest... look
for the strongest lobbies (i.e. biggest voting blocs
and largest cash cow) and watch how policy is made...
DevilsWin Wrote:Another :lame: response from the radical right. Republicans claim to hold the moral high ground while leaving nothing but a barren wasteland in their wake. War. Mass graves. Starvation. Nuclear proliferation. Conspired back door deals and secret, unlawful, clandestine operations. Most of which we'll never hear about. They really have the abuse of power thing down to a fine science.

The only thing that makes Republicans special is their lust for power and money.

In the 1990's when a US President traveled abroad he would be greeted by thousands of enthusiastic supporters. Today the US President doesn't travel abroad nearly as often because the receptions have all turned violent. The rest of the world doesn't hate America, they hate the People who are in charge! Republicans.

The radical right is more dangerous to America than the Taliban ever dremaed about.:mad:

DW...I seriously hope you are kidding, if not then I have one question for you...what kind of medication are you on....or did you forget to take it. Big Grin
Old School Wrote:DW...I seriously hope you are kidding, if not then I have one question for you...what kind of medication are you on....or did you forget to take it. Big Grin
I resent this statement. To add to that, You need to check yourself, Pal!

P.S. I'm serious as a heart-attack SON!
thecavemaster Wrote:There are vast issues in our nation that need solutions;
those solutions have various consequences, intended and
unintended. No person or group wants the solutions to
involve any kind of sacrifice on their part. "It's the
damn illegal aliens...It's the damn liberals...It's the
damn conservatives...It's the lazy poor...It's the
selfish rich...It's the environmental wackos...It's the
oil tycoons...It's the far religious right." And all
these groups have lobbyists. And all these groups look
at Congress and say, "Feed me, feed me." In a pack
of dogs, which dog eats first? The strongest... look
for the strongest lobbies (i.e. biggest voting blocs
and largest cash cow) and watch how policy is made...

I will agree that a lot of people want to talk the talk but can't walk the walk. There are many politicians that are hypocrites, and I'll give a hypothetical example from each side of the aisle:

- a staunch conservative who is always trying to push his religious and moral beliefs onto others, who is later found out to have have been cheating on his wife, embezzling money, all while doing lines of coke every night

- a staunch liberal who is always trying to push his environmental and economic positions upon others, who is later found out to be living in a huge energy-gobbling house, wearing sweatshop clothes, and evading paying his taxes

These type of situations happen all the time, and the politician then loses all credibility.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I will agree that a lot of people want to talk the talk but can't walk the walk. There are many politicians that are hypocrites, and I'll give a hypothetical example from each side of the aisle:

- a staunch conservative who is always trying to push his religious and moral beliefs onto others, who is later found out to have have been cheating on his wife, embezzling money, all while doing lines of coke every night

- a staunch liberal who is always trying to push his environmental and economic positions upon others, who is later found out to be living in a huge energy-gobbling house, wearing sweatshop clothes, and evading paying his taxes

These type of situations happen all the time, and the politician then loses all credibility.

Good Post!! :Thumbs:
DevilsWin Wrote:I resent this statement. To add to that, You need to check yourself, Pal!

P.S. I'm serious as a heart-attack SON!

Honestly, I thought you were kidding, but if you really believe that, then as far as I'm concerned your comments on any political discussions have NO CREDIBILITY. You just want to blame Republicans for anything that goes wrong.
Old School Wrote:Honestly, I thought you were kidding, but if you really believe that, then as far as I'm concerned your comments on any political discussions have NO CREDIBILITY. You just want to blame Republicans for anything that goes wrong.
Whatever man. Let's move on.
Old School Wrote:Good Post!! :Thumbs:

Thanks for the thumbs-up. I myself have no real allegiance to either party, so I don't care to bust a politician for being in the wrong, regardless of his party affiliation.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This thread has become a personal jab spot and seems to have no real purpose any longer.
Closed