Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cost Per Gallon
So you think that Gasoline is Expensive???

All these examples do NOT imply that gasoline is cheap;
it just illustrates how outrageous some prices are....

You will be really shocked by the last one!!!!
(At least, I was...)

Compared with Gasoline......

Think a gallon of gas is expensive?

This makes one think, and also puts things in perspective.

Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 ... $10.32 per gallon

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19 ..........$9.52 per gallon

!

Gatorade 20 oz $1.59 .... $10.17 per gallon

Ocean Spray 16 oz $1.25 ......... $10.00 per gallon

Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15 ......... $33.60 per gallon

Vick's Nyquil 6 oz $8.35 ... $178.13 per gallon

Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 .. $123.20 per gallon

Whiteout 7 oz $1.39 ....... . $25.42 per gallon

Scope 1.5 oz $0.99 .....$84.48 per gallon

And this is the REAL KICKER...

Evian water 9 oz $1.49..........$21.19 per gallon!

$21.19 for WATER

and the buyers don't even know the source .

(Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)

Ever wonder why computer printers are so cheap?

So they have you hooked for the ink.
Someone calculated the cost of the ink at................

you won't believe it...................

but it is true.........................

$5,200 a gal. (five thousand two hundred dollars)

So, the next time you're at the pump,
be glad your car doesn't run on
water, Scope, or Whiteout, Pepto Bismol, Nyquil
or God forbid, Printer Ink!!!!!
Thats a great post, but near 22.00 dollars for water is insane!
Alright.....but you have to consider that usually those prices get cheaper when bought in bulk.

I mean, yeah, I can buy ONE snapple for $1.29, but if I buy a pack of snapple, the price per oz. drops dramatically. So instead of a 12 pack of snapple being $15.48...it's more like $6

And who buys individual bottles of white out in bulk? You can go to Sam's Club and get 50 bottles of whiteout for $12. Every other company gives reduced prices per ounce for their goods, but gasoline doesn't. So taking the individual price of ONE item and multiplying it by however many makes a gallon does not give a fair estimate of what those prices would be if they were truly sold by the gallon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I like this thread,.... Very interesting to see it broke down!
ComfortEagle Wrote:Alright.....but you have to consider that usually those prices get cheaper when bought in bulk.

I mean, yeah, I can buy ONE snapple for $1.29, but if I buy a pack of snapple, the price per oz. drops dramatically. So instead of a 12 pack of snapple being $15.48...it's more like $6

And who buys individual bottles of white out in bulk? You can go to Sam's Club and get 50 bottles of whiteout for $12. Every other company gives reduced prices per ounce for their goods, but gasoline doesn't. So taking the individual price of ONE item and multiplying it by however many makes a gallon does not give a fair estimate of what those prices would be if they were truly sold by the gallon.
I'm sure buying gas in bulk will make it cheaper. You just aren't buying in enough bulk. Probably take a couple thousands of gallons.
very intresting.
I must say man, you did some serious research.
Nice post
LOLOL.... does kinda make ya think????
I have seen this before on other boards. The thing is none of these are really nessessities (sp). I have had the same brake fluid in my truck since it was new. I don't have to have Evian water, I can buy off brand water or get it out of the tap. How often do you accually have to buy this stuff. I'm not saying you, but some people try to justify high gas prices buy comparing it with things like this. You would be comparing apples and oranges. We have to have gas products not white out. Gas prices is monopolizing at its best.