Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior Bowl
Kentucky had a real good shot at winning last night but fell short 22-14 to W.VA...My hats off to all these fine young men and wish them much success in what ever there future endeavors are....
excuse me ?!?!?!?!? What game were YOU at??? KY had absolutelky NO shot at winning that game.
Kentucky had just as good a shot as WV did.
IMO... they need to do like WV does and visit some of these big schools (Lex. Tates Creek, Assumption, Louisville Male, Xavier..etc.) and get some BIG men and then tell WV to "come get em' a bite"!!! NOT saying that we don't have talent right here in our own region cause we do BUT...... Smile
What game was this???
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:What game was this???

The Hatfield-McCoy Bowl
To say Kentucky didn't have a chance to win is complete crap. In all honesty, they should have won. A corner from the KY side blew his coverage twice and left a WR wide open for long touchdowns. Other than that WV didn't really do anything on offensive side of the ball. They did run a punt back for a touchdown also, but a questionable no call on a clip.... However, the WV defense stepped up when KY had the ball in the redzone about 4 times and couldn't get it in. IMO I thought that the TD in the endzone that was called incomplete for the KY team was good, seemed like both feet was in bounds.

Anyway, WV scored on 3 big plays and 2 should've been prevented if their coverages didn't screw it up. Hats off to both teams on a game that was completed instead of being called early due to a fight.
VHSL-helper Wrote:excuse me ?!?!?!?!? What game were YOU at??? KY had absolutelky NO shot at winning that game.

Ky had the ball inside the W.VA side twice in the 3rd quarter and got the Ball back after there last score in the 4th....They had oppertunities Helper but they didnt get it done but YES they had a shot......I guess we just dont agree on what a "shot" constitutes....but god bless ya anyway for attacking me for giving those kids who"ll probally never ever have a football uniform on again a pat on the back.........
i thought KY had a good shot at winning the game....they had good running backs and had decent qbs.....so good lob guys....u all played good.
you would think that Massey would sponser this thing a little better than what they do. The location should be BELFRY because it is near the state line and the complex is magnificent. New uniforms are also a must, with matching pants. The way it looked last night, I believe the Hatfield - McCoy bowl may be a dying tradition.
First I agree they should move it Cash, but reality Don Blanksnhip lieks to bring that income were he is from that simple.
As far as the game goes I felt WV was a lot better from the skill, they has fast guys everywere. Ky could drive the ball more but mistakes did hurt them, but I felt WV had better team.
As far as dying maybe, but we say that every year and its packed every year.
Who is elligible to play in this game??? What restrictions as far as location of players...
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I don't think anything is set in stone in terms of location,,, it's just this Bowl is in essence a re-birth of the old K-Bowl, which was in essence a Kentucky/West Virginia All-Star game drawing players from all across both states. The K-Bowl died because in order to field a team you must practice, and with the limitation of funds to buy hotel rooms as well as the lack of dorm rooms (only option would really be at Pikeville College), the K-Bowl primarily relied on sponsors to put up the young men in their homes for the period it took to practice and play. It has settled in more as a local matchup.

The Kentucky team has featured players from Lawrence County, and this year's WV team had players from Wayne, WV (A very good DE was one of them). I personally would like to see kids from the Ashland/Russell area play.

As for this year's game, Kentucky's two QB's were Robert gannon of Phelps (Chose not t0o play football last season) and Nick Bowe of Belfry (Missed entire season due to injury and played CB/SE when he was a Junior). The KY coaching staff ran out of the shotgun til the middle of the second quarter, which was not very bright with the in experience at the QB position. KY was the only team able to sustian a drive.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I don't think anything is set in stone in terms of location,,, it's just this Bowl is in essence a re-birth of the old K-Bowl, which was in essence a Kentucky/West Virginia All-Star game drawing players from all across both states. The K-Bowl died because in order to field a team you must practice, and with the limitation of funds to buy hotel rooms as well as the lack of dorm rooms (only option would really be at Pikeville College), the K-Bowl primarily relied on sponsors to put up the young men in their homes for the period it took to practice and play. It has settled in more as a local matchup.

The Kentucky team has featured players from Lawrence County, and this year's WV team had players from Wayne, WV (A very good DE was one of them). I personally would like to see kids from the Ashland/Russell area play.

As for this year's game, Kentucky's two QB's were Robert gannon of Phelps (Chose not t0o play football last season) and Nick Bowe of Belfry (Missed entire season due to injury and played CB/SE when he was a Junior). The KY coaching staff ran out of the shotgun til the middle of the second quarter, which was not very bright with the in experience at the QB position. KY was the only team able to sustian a drive.
That DE could flat out play couldn't he!
So is the KY Class of 2003 the only KY team to win this game in the last 7 years.
sounds like a good game who won fight.
rallo316 Wrote:sounds like a good game who won fight.
They kept it good and clean this year, kept a strict watch on them all.
Who was in the backfield for each team?