Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCracken County @ Mayfield 9/13
What's gonna happen?
The cards defense flys to ball very well but getting player on ground is another. Stangs have one very hard runner in #16 but this horse is getting broke this week as Cards will fly high again. Cards by 24 at home something like 45 to 21.
Cards get a running clock here.
McCracken has some talented kids and seems like they found something last week against Graves.. The problem I see in this one is having the ability to get some stops, defensively. Mayfield just has so much balance to beat you in a variety of way. As much as you hear about there passing attack, they have 3 legit running backs that can move the chains and all run hard and are tough to bring down. Mayfield's D may have a few holes, but, they're good enough to get some stops when needed, especially later in games. This one will likely be close for a half, then Mayfield pulls away.. Mfd 51 Mc Co 28
mysonis55 Wrote:Cards get a running clock here.

I don't see a running clock here if Bowling Green didn't get one on the Mustangs. I'd like to see the Mustangs pull out the upset but I'd like to win the lottery as well. Probably better odds with the lottery. I see a close game for a half. If the Mustangs can keep the running game going they can keep Mayfield on their heels. Then again if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. I'll have my crow cooked & ready to eat but I'd like to save it for a later date. Mustangs win 35-34 in OT.
SteadyRockin71 Wrote:I don't see a running clock here if Bowling Green didn't get one on the Mustangs. I'd like to see the Mustangs pull out the upset but I'd like to win the lottery as well. Probably better odds with the lottery. I see a close game for a half. If the Mustangs can keep the running game going they can keep Mayfield on their heels. Then again if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. I'll have my crow cooked & ready to eat but I'd like to save it for a later date. Mustangs win 35-34 in OT.

:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

That outcome would hurt my feelings
Mayfield is so good that they are going to have to pay people to play them, like colleges do the smaller colleges.
SteadyRockin71 Wrote:I don't see a running clock here if Bowling Green didn't get one on the Mustangs. I'd like to see the Mustangs pull out the upset but I'd like to win the lottery as well. Probably better odds with the lottery. I see a close game for a half. If the Mustangs can keep the running game going they can keep Mayfield on their heels. Then again if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. I'll have my crow cooked & ready to eat but I'd like to save it for a later date. Mustangs win 35-34 in OT.

This years Cards are better than this years Purples. Not usually but they are this year. Plus, the Purples likely took the Stangs lightly until coach tuned them up at the half. Also, these Cards you know will play the Stangs for blood. Taking all that into account means running clock. Early on as well. Maybe mid third quarter.
McCracken typically has been a team that improves all year long. Mayfield is just good from the get go.

Mayfield 42 - MC 24
No problem for the Cards here:

Mayfield 45
McCracken 14
We had a 3rd string back against BG. Will see how good your defensive front is? Our defense is the worst the school has ever had.....thus game is not in question. 🤨
Mayfield takes down 6A MacCracken County :oooo:

Mayfield 56
MacCracken County 14
64SUR Wrote:Mayfield takes down 6A MacCracken County :oooo:

Mayfield 56
MacCracken County 14

I knew you was a Mayfield man.
Our defense has not been as good at getting off the field as I expected this year but are improving each game. Not a terrible defense by any measure. Our offense is lethal. I agree with you #55, I think the Cards team is better than BG at least so far. Running clock or close too
I have been checking the Stangs schedule. Remember you heard this here first. After we beat them, they will be 1-3. But, their remaining schedule is such that they are gonna go 6-4 or 7-3. Once that happens, you will see the cracked folks start talking about how much they have improved and wish they could play us or PT then.
Instead of cracked folk that should read cracken folk. Dang spell check.
The Tilghman game needs to be deeper in the Schedule and or the last game of the regular season. The Tilghman players, coaches and fans get up and turn out for the McCracken game more than they do for the Mayfield game. This year they had an excellent crowd for the Mayfield game.
BS. I don't here anyone saying that My son. We don't have a defense and true fans know talking is pointless. Oh and BTW we scored more points against PTHS than you. Friday will really only be a test of your defensive front 5. They look weaker than any team in the last five years and come playoff time it's gonna prove out.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:BS. I don't here anyone saying that My son. We don't have a defense and true fans know talking is pointless. Oh and BTW we scored more points against PTHS than you. Friday will really only be a test of your defensive front 5. They look weaker than any team in the last five years and come playoff time it's gonna prove out.

Gave up a lot more too.

Wasn’t just about 3 weeks ago, we had one of your bunch in here telling us this was the most complete Stangs team ever.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:BS. I don't here anyone saying that My son. We don't have a defense and true fans know talking is pointless. Oh and BTW we scored more points against PTHS than you. Friday will really only be a test of your defensive front 5. They look weaker than any team in the last five years and come playoff time it's gonna prove out.

How many points you scored against PT is pointless.

Don't worry about our front 5, worry about a running clock.
I actually did say that "IMO" this is the best "all around team" the mustangs have fielded in 7 years. Not the best offense, not the best defense, but all around. You take the good with the bad. This year's defense is not nearly what it's been in the past. But when I say "all around", I mean as a team. Offense, defense, special teams, depth, etc. The offense can score & put up some good yardage. They've already proven that. The problem vs.Bowling Green was mistakes, & miscues. Look at the total yardage for each team in that game & you'll see what I'm talking about. It was a lot closer than 28 points. I've seen all the mentioned teams play this year & as always Mayfield is Mayfield. They're by far the best team in Western KY. I don't doubt that one bit. I have ties in McCracken, & I'd pick them over the Packers if they played. It's called team spirit. Will they beat Mayfield? Probably not. Can they beat Mayfield? Absolutely. In the 2 wins against Mayfield it took OT each time to get the win. Did anyone pick McCracken then? No. Sure Mayfield is the favorite, but I'm taking the Stangs as I always do.
SteadyRockin71 Wrote:I actually did say that "IMO" this is the best "all around team" the mustangs have fielded in 7 years. Not the best offense, not the best defense, but all around. You take the good with the bad. This year's defense is not nearly what it's been in the past. But when I say "all around", I mean as a team. Offense, defense, special teams, depth, etc. The offense can score & put up some good yardage. They've already proven that. The problem vs.Bowling Green was mistakes, & miscues. Look at the total yardage for each team in that game & you'll see what I'm talking about. It was a lot closer than 28 points. I've seen all the mentioned teams play this year & as always Mayfield is Mayfield. They're by far the best team in Western KY. I don't doubt that one bit. I have ties in McCracken, & I'd pick them over the Packers if they played. It's called team spirit. Will they beat Mayfield? Probably not. Can they beat Mayfield? Absolutely. In the 2 wins against Mayfield it took OT each time to get the win. Did anyone pick McCracken then? No. Sure Mayfield is the favorite, but I'm taking the Stangs as I always do.
Lots of people picked McCracken, probably more than Mayfield at that time.
This game is no cake walk for the Cards. If they come out like they did against Hoptown, it will be a long night. But I really don't see that happening here. You must remember who it was that beat the Cards in their last home loss. These boys will not let that happen. Thats a big topic within the team.

Cards will pull away in the second half by 31
Mayfield 42-7
mysonis55 Wrote:Gave up a lot more too.

Wasn’t just about 3 weeks ago, we had one of your bunch in here telling us this was the most complete Stangs team ever.
You need to re-read some of these past post. Never once had anybody said this was "McCracken's most complete team ever". I said "IMO this is McCracken's most all-around team in 7 years of existence". Don't go taking things out of context. You not only stir the pot you make yourself look stupid in the process.
The MC teams that gave MF trouble were stacked with Zy'aire Hughes, Tyce Daniel, Quamea Jones, Wells Purdom type players. The current MC roster is not. Look at middle school ball. Pretty obvious the football talent in that area has shifted back to Paducah Tilghman.

Fairly competitive for a half, but MF wins this one going away.
Kracken Wrote:The MC teams that gave MF trouble were stacked with Zy'aire Hughes, Tyce Daniel, Quamea Jones, Wells Purdom type players. The current MC roster is not. Look at middle school ball. Pretty obvious the football talent in that area has shifted back to Paducah Tilghman.

Fairly competitive for a half, but MF wins this one going away.

Totally agree with the talent back then but I'd trade a Zyaire Hughes for 4 solid offensive lineman any day. That's all I've been saying about this year's team. If those past teams had a line like this year's team they'd had the whole package. Now they finally got a productive line but not the firepower they've had over the years. They've got a few weapons but agreed not like the past. With Hayes, Bradley, & Wheat, they can score points but their defense is more than a work in progress & definitely the achilles of this year's team. They've got some young talent to fill those voids but for now they're just learning the game. They've been competitive in all their games & I think they'll hang with Mayfield for a while. Mayfield has the experience, & history on their side & has proven year in & year out to be the team to beat in Western KY. It's sad for a 6A school to have such a problem with a 2A program but Mayfield isn't the typical 2A program. They could win in any class. McCracken is still a younger school compared to teams like the Mayfield's & Tilghmans. But they're slowly making an impact as a competitive program. Everyone knows that a state championship in 6A is near impossible outside the BermudaTriangle but it's fun watching these kids grow as a program like they have in all sports.
The biggest concern for McCracken is they haven't faced a threat in the passing game to this point. Mayfield's passing game will most likely exploit the Mustangs' biggest weakness (lack of overall speed on defense). The Cardinals have too many speedy receivers and backs that can take it to the house on any given play. Throw in a missed tackle or blown coverage and its just too much. On the flipside, the Mustangs can put up points. How many stops the Mayfield defense can manage will determine the score. This is a solid McCracken team, it's just a bad matchup. Mayfield by 3-4 touchdowns
SteadyRockin71 Wrote:Totally agree with the talent back then but I'd trade a Zyaire Hughes for 4 solid offensive lineman any day. That's all I've been saying about this year's team. If those past teams had a line like this year's team they'd had the whole package. Now they finally got a productive line but not the firepower they've had over the years. They've got a few weapons but agreed not like the past. With Hayes, Bradley, & Wheat, they can score points but their defense is more than a work in progress & definitely the achilles of this year's team. They've got some young talent to fill those voids but for now they're just learning the game. They've been competitive in all their games & I think they'll hang with Mayfield for a while. Mayfield has the experience, & history on their side & has proven year in & year out to be the team to beat in Western KY. It's sad for a 6A school to have such a problem with a 2A program but Mayfield isn't the typical 2A program. They could win in any class. McCracken is still a younger school compared to teams like the Mayfield's & Tilghmans. But they're slowly making an impact as a competitive program. Everyone knows that a state championship in 6A is near impossible outside the BermudaTriangle but it's fun watching these kids grow as a program like they have in all sports.

So, which one of the linemen are you related to. You keep referring to this line as the best that McCracken has had. That is most certainly not the case. The line with Wells Purdom and the other 3-4 horses on it were the best one that McCracken has ever had. There really isn't much debate about that.
Our line is good, far better than last year. But Wells anchored the best line we've ever had by a wide margin. Watched them abuse Mayfield's undersized DTs all night long handing them there only home loss in forever. Highly contested OT battle that was one of the best regular season games I ever saw.