• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Paintsville 9/6
Pikeville travels to Paintsville to take on the Tigers who just come off a big win against Beechwood so let the war get started
Pikeville 35-14.
State championship preview... thank you new system!
Should be a fantastic early season matchup.

Pikeville 27
Paintsville 20
Tough one.

To be the man, you have to beat the man...Paintsville beat the man last week. Give me the tigers by 6
Once up on a time several years back paintsville was my sleeper team pick in the east. But 2019

Pikeville 49
Paintsville 14

Sorry paintsville posters. But very well could meet in State championship game with the new ruling on seeding teams. Confusedmoke:
bball_fan Wrote:State championship preview... thank you new system!

Not gonna happen. snap out of it.
Another Playoff type atmosphere for Pikeville and their first road game. Could be a classic!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Another Playoff type atmosphere for Pikeville and their first road game. Could be a classic!

Pikeville will smoke some Tiger hind end.
This is setting up to be a instant classic. However, I dont know how good Paintsville is but I do know how good Pikeville is. So I’ll refrain from picking anyone yet until I watch a little film on Paintsville.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Pikeville 56
Paintsville 7
Panthers keeping rolling.

Pikeville - 48
Paintsville - 18
Paintsville could have beaten Trinity last week and some of you all would still pick Pikeville by 3+ TDs.

I see this being a 1 or 2 score game that could go either way. Hopefully both teams stay healthy and it is just the 1st meeting with the 2nd having a little more in the line.
2000PHS Wrote:Paintsville could have beaten Trinity last week and some of you all would still pick Pikeville by 3+ TDs.

I see this being a 1 or 2 score game that could go either way. Hopefully both teams stay healthy and it is just the 1st meeting with the 2nd having a little more in the line.

But a lot more people are acting like they did beat Trinity when it was really a Beechwood team that will be very lucky to end up .500 this year and go anywhere in the playoffs, and literally has one good player back from last year who was 99.5% of Beechwood's offense vs. Paintsville.

Pikeville is a completely different animal than Beechwood this year.

No way I will make a prediction on this game lol. But pumped to watch this Panther team take the field in another big game.
Spud6 Wrote:This is setting up to be a instant classic. However, I dont know how good Paintsville is but I do know how good Pikeville is. So I’ll refrain from picking anyone yet until I watch a little film on Paintsville.

Nobody knows how either one is at this point in the season. They have been good against whom they have played and there is great potential for both teams. Winner of this one has a great chance at the No 1 RPI when it comes out.
I have given up predicting anything g this year! This should be a good ball game though. Hope both stay healthy.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I have given up predicting anything g this year! This should be a good ball game though. Hope both stay healthy.

Just make one prediction for me Scotty_Bronson will Trump win again :bike:
I think we'll know more about 1A and both teams after this week. Both have beaten good teams and both have beaten mediocre teams. Pikeville is fast and athletic. Paintsville is very scrappy and plays with a ton of heart. I like both attributes. Regardless of the outcome, I can see these two teams meeting again late in the playoffs.
Paintsville has already been tested right out of the gate and answered the bell. Pikeville thought they had that scheduled with Mingo Central but got let down badly. Bardstown has been the toughest test for Pikeville so far this early. Paintsville rides a huge wave into this game after defeating one of KY’s most perineal programs. This will be a slugfest.

Paintsville. 35
Pikeville. 32
Paintsville secondary is really good and will be able to compete with the Pikeville passing game. Beechwood was dominated in the second half vs the Tigers and they had a great running QB...from what I've heard, Pikeville does not.

Can Pikeville or Paintsville run the ball?

I guess we'll see...somebody wins by less than a FG.
FoSho Wrote:Paintsville secondary is really good and will be able to compete with the Pikeville passing game. Beechwood was dominated in the second half vs the Tigers and they had a great running QB...from what I've heard, Pikeville does not.

Can Pikeville or Paintsville run the ball?

I guess we'll see...somebody wins by less than a FG.

Agree Paintsville secondary is really good but they haven’t faced the receivers they are going to face this weekend yet this year. No Pikeville doesn’t have a running quarterback but a lot of teams don’t. This is going to be a slug fest and always is. Both teams will be pumped you can bet on it. The fireworks before the game is going to be nothing compared to what happens on the field. Just hope this young men keep their emotions in check and play a good game and hope for no injuries to either team. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
jetpilot Wrote:But a lot more people are acting like they did beat Trinity when it was really a Beechwood team that will be very lucky to end up .500 this year and go anywhere in the playoffs, and literally has one good player back from last year who was 99.5% of Beechwood's offense vs. Paintsville.

Pikeville is a completely different animal than Beechwood this year.

No way I will make a prediction on this game lol. But pumped to watch this Panther team take the field in another big game.

My point wasn’t an assessment of Pikeville. It was a remark about how some people are making 4+ TD predictions against Paintsville just like they did when we played Beechwood. Haters.

I stated for the record that Pikevilke is better than Beechwood this year. But it wasn’t like Beechwood had 11 guys out there that didn’t know football. And I would say 90% of the teams in the mountains would go .500 with their schedule and also not go far in the playoffs if they had to go to Mayfield in around 3.
bucslover68 Wrote:Nobody knows how either one is at this point in the season. They have been good against whom they have played and there is great potential for both teams. Winner of this one has a great chance at the No 1 RPI when it comes out.

I do know that Pikeville is scary good right now and it’s only the second game. Ans that’s scary, I just hope for their sake they’re not hitting their peak at this time when nothing really matters. But all the teams Coach Mac’s every coached, they’re way better in post season than in the beginning so I don’t see that being a problem.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Patriot1 Wrote:Agree Paintsville secondary is really good but they haven’t faced the receivers they are going to face this weekend yet this year. No Pikeville doesn’t have a running quarterback but a lot of teams don’t. This is going to be a slug fest and always is. Both teams will be pumped you can bet on it. The fireworks before the game is going to be nothing compared to what happens on the field. Just hope this young men keep their emotions in check and play a good game and hope for no injuries to either team. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!

Hey buddy, I should have elaborated more.

I heard in the Paintsville/Beechwood game that the Beechwood QB ran for their 2 TDs on broken plays because nobody was open. Now I know Pikeville has better receivers but what they don't have is a mobile QB. I'm assuming this will favor the Tigers. But I also know that Pikeville has a great defense too.

It should be fun to watch and a great game!

Good luck to both teams!
I think this will be a dogfight early. As the saying goes, "To be the man, you have to beat the man." Until that happens, Pikeville is the man in 1A.
I guess we will see how good the secondary is if they have the guts to play press man like mingo tried and load the box to try to stop the run. Running Qb is the only weapon Beechwood had and Paintsville shut him down in the 2nd half. Pikeville will adjust to what the defense gives them with weapons all over the field.
Panthers Dominate Wrote:I guess we will see how good the secondary is if they have the guts to play press man like mingo tried and load the box to try to stop the run. Running Qb is the only weapon Beechwood had and Paintsville shut him down in the 2nd half. Pikeville will adjust to what the defense gives them with weapons all over the field.

Have the guts to play press man?

Paintsville coaches will do what they think gives them the best chance to win not which plan shows they "got guts".

Pikeville coaches will do the same.
^^ Agree FoSho. That's a pretty ignorant statement about 'having guts'. Neither Paintsville nor Pikeville coaches will base their play calling on having the guts to do something. Both will do what they think gives them the best opportunity to win.
Pikeville 31-20
Beechwood looked small and young. This one is gonna be won in the trenches. Pikeville doesn’t need a scrambling QB when you have RB’s and they have performed nicely these first two weeks. I personally think this one will start out slow and Pikeville will pull away in the end. There are a lot of emotions tied up in this one, so I just hope we get a nice clean, injury free game. I look forward to seeing these two meet the second time in the playoffs.
  • 1(current)
  • Next