Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 38 Toledo 24
Boy. Cats not looking good. If Toledo QB doesn’t go out idk how this one turns out
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Like I said on other thread, I totally disagree. I thought we showed a ton of promise, lots of playmakers on offense, good special teams, not as good as last year on defense, but no one expected to be. With the rest of the SEC East other than Georgia looking awful so far, 8 or 9 wins is a definite possibility.
Van Hagar Wrote:Like I said on other thread, I totally disagree. I thought we showed a ton of promise, lots of playmakers on offense, good special teams, not as good as last year on defense, but no one expected to be. With the rest of the SEC East other than Georgia looking awful so far, 8 or 9 wins is a definite possibility.

That’s fair. But my number one question coming in was Terry going to be better than he was last year. And I know it’s the first game and the first game really means nothing compared to the last game. But he did not look good, he was throwing balls not even close to the receivers to be able to catch it. Holds the ball too long and then makes that play where he throws it behind Bowden and almost was a fumble recovery for Toledo. With Benny being gone and him being 90% of our offense. I really wanted to see Terry come out and just take control and take over. But it didn’t happen in game one but I’m remaining optimistic
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Yeah I’ll agree that is my biggest concern still too. You know he went 19-for-26 for 247 yards. Those are really good numbers. But it sure didn’t seem that way watching it, did it?
Van Hagar Wrote:Yeah I’ll agree that is my biggest concern still too. You know he went 19-for-26 for 247 yards. Those are really good numbers. But it sure didn’t seem that way watching it, did it?

No it definitely didn’t. He missed a lot of throws that were just bad. But those stat lines don’t seem bad on paper
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Boy. Cats not looking good. If Toledo QB doesn’t go out idk how this one turns out

We had regained control of the game and was well on our way to winning the game when he went out .

The first half was tough but Terry and the team played lights out in the second half. Yea terry missed some throws but converted on 3rd downs multiple times in the second half . He threw 70% completion rating idk what else people want from him . Not a bad stat for the first game of the season .

Play calling was still really conservative in the first half and terry did much better when they let him air it out. Going to be a fun season.

Incase no one remembers we was down 14 points in the season opener last year.
Through Week 1, Kentucky QB Terry Wilson ranks No. 3 in the SEC in yards per attempt (9.5), No. 3 in QB rating (177.94), No. 3 in completion percentage (73.1), No. 6 in passing yards (246) and threw zero interceptions. Missed some throws yesterday, but he's going to be fine.
[quote=Wildcatk23]Through Week 1, Kentucky QB Terry Wilson ranks No. 3 in the SEC in yards per attempt (9.5), No. 3 in QB rating (177.94), No. 3 in completion percentage (73.1), No. 6 in passing yards (246) and threw zero interceptions. Missed some throws yesterday, but he's going to be fine.[/QUOTE

Yeah, I think what Spud and I are saying is the numbers were better than what the eye test showed yesterday. He still looked pretty indecisive too many times yesterday, which was the biggest area I think he needs to improve on, because physically I think he’s got the ability. And we aren’t going to open the playbook up until the Florida game, so plenty of time to get better.
A lot better than week 1 last year.
Week 1 individual player grades from our partners at @PFF_College.

Top 5 Wildcats vs Toledo:

1. @d_square10 - 89.6
2. @Ymm_Allen9 - 86.2
3. @JPaschalx - 85.0 (great story)
4. @matayo_echols - 81.2
5. @TerryTouchdown3 - 80.0