Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinity vs Fredrick Douglass
Trinity 45 Douglass 0...wow
Somebody didn’t tell Frederick Douglass this was trinity :mop:
That how big a gap there is in Trinity, FD. And a team like Corbin.

That's the difference between. The top of 4A. 5A, and 6A football.
It's not even really comparable
Bolt Wrote:That how big a gap there is in Trinity, FD. And a team like Corbin.

I can guarantee you Trinity would have been in for a bigger fight vs Boyle Co.

Question...who played QB for Trinity?

Scrimmages mean squat.
FoSho Wrote:I can guarantee you Trinity would have been in for a bigger fight vs Boyle Co.

Scrimmages mean squat.
You can't guarantee no such thing as that.

Problem is I am not so sure Corbin is a top 4A school this year. FD rolled them last week.

I haven't seen the first post on either of Corbins scrimmages.
TheColonel Wrote:Problem is I am not so sure Corbin is a top 4A school this year. FD rolled them last week.

I haven't seen the first post on either of Corbins scrimmages.

Take a peak at the scrimmage thread :popcorn:
Was told Trinity had over 140 on their roster. Hard to compete with that. I like our top 10 kids but with those numbers your team has no weaknesses
BoyleCo Wrote:Was told Trinity had over 140 on their roster. Hard to compete with that. I like our top 10 kids but with those numbers your team has no weaknesses

That's for sure. Go Rebels!
pjdoug Wrote:You can't guarantee no such thing as that.

Troll
Like I have said...Boyle Co would fare well versus ANYONE in the state except for Trinitys DEPTH.

Starters we are better at many positions but OL/DL depth would become an issue.

FDU was no match for us from a skill standpoint and we'd be good enough to win easily regardless of their D1 OL.
Again, who played QB for Trinity?

"Lowly" thought of 4A Louisville Central beat Scott County in a scrimmage tonight, so there's that. Lol

I'm scared of no team.
FoSho Wrote:I can guarantee you Trinity would have been in for a bigger fight vs Boyle Co.

Scrimmages mean squat.

Nope - People just don't get it whole different level, but you are right scrimmage don't mean squat but 45-0 after 3 Q says something doesn't it? I'm thinking real game would have been worse and also FD not as good as last year. Trust me Male and St.X just as good. Crazy
FoSho Wrote:Again, who played QB for Trinity?

Nathan McElroy
Westside Wrote:Nathan McElroy

I had heard rumors about a QB change at Trinity.
FoSho Wrote:Like I have said...Boyle Co would fare well versus ANYONE in the state except for Trinitys DEPTH.

Starters we are better at many positions but OL/DL depth would become an issue.

FDU was no match for us from a skill standpoint and we'd be good enough to win easily regardless of their D1 OL.

Geez, have you ever made a comment that didn’t involve your obsession with Boyle? Every thread, every comment turns into...we are better than them, they can’t match us, etc.. Do you play for them? It is entertaining in the beginning but good night son, you might want to consider a life not lived through the Boyle County players.
P.S. FDU can absolutely match the skill of Boyle. It’s the coaching, the team play, team discipline and assignment discipline FDU can’t match.
Been saying it for years. Lexington football is soft.
FoSho Wrote:Troll

broaden your vocabulary.
Frank Martin Wrote:Geez, have you ever made a comment that didn’t involve your obsession with Boyle? Every thread, every comment turns into...we are better than them, they can’t match us, etc.. Do you play for them? It is entertaining in the beginning but good night son, you might want to consider a life not lived through the Boyle County players.
P.S. FDU can absolutely match the skill of Boyle. It’s the coaching, the team play, team discipline and assignment discipline FDU can’t match.

This is the reason I think she is related to birdbrain55. lol. Anybody in their district is better than everybody else.
FoSho Wrote:I had heard rumors about a QB change at Trinity.

Rocks QB will be in trouble in the coming weeks. No definite starter, Coverdale gone, let’s see what the Rocks do against Male and X
ColtPride Wrote:Been saying it for years. Lexington football is soft.

You may be right, but hope you know Trinity would have did the same to 95% of teams in Kentucky. I just hope all that hype about FDU dies down. You can't win a championship just because you have a kid or 2 going D1- I bet Trinity doesn't have a single player on there team going D1. FDU will still run through most of there schedule because are better coached and have some talented players that they brought in except that WR. Once those correct Juniors graduate they will be just like all the other Lexington schools
pjdoug Wrote:This is the reason I think she is related to birdbrain55. lol. Anybody in their district is better than everybody else.

She?? Well now I understand if true
Frank Martin Wrote:Geez, have you ever made a comment that didn’t involve your obsession with Boyle? Every thread, every comment turns into...we are better than them, they can’t match us, etc.. Do you play for them? It is entertaining in the beginning but good night son, you might want to consider a life not lived through the Boyle County players.

No they can't according to 7v7 which is all skill positions. I based my post on this fact.

But I'm sorry...I didn't realize this was your forum. By all means send me the rules and I'll surely follow.
FoSho Wrote:No they can't according to 7v7 which is all skill positions. I based my post on this fact.

But I'm sorry...I didn't realize this was your forum. By all means send me the rules and I'll surely follow.

7 v7 means less the scrimmages do.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:She?? Well now I understand if true
Didn't squat give it away? Confusednicker:
Dline Wrote:7 v7 means less the scrimmages do.

Not when comparing skill position ability. It's ideal.
FoSho Wrote:Not when comparing skill position ability. It's ideal.

Wait... scrimmages mean squat, but 7 on 7 which is even less like real game conditions are proof of superiority? I mean, sure that QB might get some practice passing, but with a guaranteed 4 seconds to pass and no defenders out to get him, I'd take those results with a grain of salt.
Anyway, I do think Frederick Douglass was treating this as real game. They ran through a banner at the opening and kept in the same set of guys throughout the first three quarters with little subbing. That said, they were quite varied on offense and repeatedly tried variations on plays that hadn't worked so I do think Landis was treating Trinity as a test game, looking to see how well his team could execute various strategies and what did/didn't work against a top team. A good game for both teams as Trinity gets a nice warm-up for their brutal opening schedule and FD gets to see where they need some work.

Special shoutout for the prepspin stream and commentators. The stream was great quality and so were the guys commentating. They clearly respected both teams, and had an obvious love for the game itself. Also the FD team and fans seemed to have some solid class. They were way down at the end, but I never saw things get chippy.
CarzyRock Wrote:Wait... scrimmages mean squat, but 7 on 7 which is even less like real game conditions are proof of superiority? I mean, sure that QB might get some practice passing, but with a guaranteed 4 seconds to pass and no defenders out to get him, I'd take those results with a grain of salt.

Did you even read the context of what was being discussed? I know 7v7 doesn't let you know how good a team will be, but when two teams go head to head in 7v7 you can certainly tell which team has the better skill kids. Especially when one team dominates the other like BC did FD.