Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dan Patrick leaving ESPN...
Dan Patrick, who has been with the network for 18 years, announced on his radio show Monday that he will appear on air for the last time Aug. 17. A news release said that the mutual agreement will allow Patrick to pursue new interests outside of ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2930637

Patrick has been off of Sportscenter since 2006, about the last time I watched the program. I will miss his radio show more than anything and hope he lands somewhere else. Sounds like to me the split is mutal for the former Louisville radio disc jockey.
Love the man and his views. Wish him nothing but luck no matter where he goes. He will be missed on XM.
yeah Dan Patrick IS the face of ESPN, and Ill miss him. Patrick and Olbermann to me anyways, made for the ultimate Sportscenter team. I wish him luck too, I just hope he doesnt disappear altogether...
I am sure Patrick has a HUGE contract offer from someone!
This hurts ESPN radio... they'll need to make a solid hire to take over the 1-4 slot.... Cowherd is perfect where he is (10-1)... I think I'll throw my name into the hat... Smile
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah Dan Patrick IS the face of ESPN, and Ill miss him. Patrick and Olbermann to me anyways, made for the ultimate Sportscenter team. I wish him luck too, I just hope he doesnt disappear altogether...

Keith and Dan were the ultimate SportsCenter anchor pair to me, I remember being upset when Keith left.

I guess I didn't realize that he hadn't been on the big show since last year. Perhaps they were phasing him out?...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Keith and Dan were the ultimate SportsCenter anchor pair to me, I remember being upset when Keith left.

I guess I didn't realize that he hadn't been on the big show since last year. Perhaps they were phasing him out?...

ESPN hurt itself with the hardcore sports fan when Disney bought them and ABC and made Sportscenter into more of a feature program, rather than a highlight program... I'd personally rather watch ESPNnews (not great, but better than Sportscenter) or especially the Fox Sports highlight program...

ESPN does a great job of marketing, but I really question how they cover sports at times.... it's too business-like for my taste...
FreakNasty Wrote:ESPN hurt itself with the hardcore sports fan when Disney bought them and ABC and made Sportscenter into more of a feature program, rather than a highlight program... I'd personally rather watch ESPNnews (not great, but better than Sportscenter) or especially the Fox Sports highlight program...

ESPN does a great job of marketing, but I really question how they cover sports at times.... it's too business-like for my taste...

I don't really care for the way SportsCenter is arranged, either. In my opinion there is way too much fluff (personal interest stories, etc.) and not enough meat (actual highlights of games). Also, I know that they are huge markets, but does every show have to open with something about the Yankees, Red Sox, Lakers, or Cowboys? Yeesh. It seems that even when they're playing well, you're lucky to get maybe a 5-second snippet from a Reds game. Unless, of course, they're playing the Mets.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FreakNasty Wrote:ESPN hurt itself with the hardcore sports fan when Disney bought them and ABC and made Sportscenter into more of a feature program, rather than a highlight program... I'd personally rather watch ESPNnews (not great, but better than Sportscenter) or especially the Fox Sports highlight program...

Totally agree. I stopped watching SportsCenter when I started getting ESPN News. ESPN altogether has turned into a "hype" machine instead of reporting the facts.