Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
District 9 15 year olds Babe Ruth- Big Sandy vs. Magoffin County (Best of Three)
Winner advances to state at Southeast Lexington. First Game Thursday at 7:30 at MC. Game 2 and 3 at MC Friday and Saturday (if neccesary).
Who is Big Sandy?
Big Sandy Babe Ruth is based in Pike County.
Does anybody know how good big sandy is. And what is the predictions on the best of 3 games
Big Sandy is a very young team. They only have 4 fifteen year olds and the rest are 13-14's. They don't have a lot of speed but should be able to put the bat on the ball and play solid defense. The don't have pitchers that will blow the ball by you but they can throw strikes and keep hitters off-balance. Don't know much about Magoffin, but from what I've heard they can hit the ball well. As of now Gavin Miller is slated to start Thursday for Big Sandy. Gavin is the younger brother of former Panther Corey Miller. Everyone is invited to come out to Ramey Park (MC) an watch some good baseball Thursday night at 7:30.
I'll try to post some stats aftyer the game tommorow night for those interested.
THURDAY'S GAME HAS BEEN CANCELED DUE TO RAIN. Other games are TBA....
First game will be friday at 7:30
Game 1 Magoffin wins with a score of 13 to 3 in 5 innings
baseballfan Wrote:Game 1 Magoffin wins with a score of 13 to 3 in 5 innings
Big Sandy played absolutely horrible and Maggoffin played well. Big Sandy comitted 7 errors and walked/hit too many people. Miller struggled to get through 3 innings and then Bentley came in and threw strikes but his defense didn't pick him up at all. Game 2 will be Saturday at 5 with the 3rd game following (if neccessary). Lukas Burchett will be the starting pitcher for Big Sandy.
Lukas Burchett went 1-3 with an RBI, Evan Smith went 1-2 with an RBI, and Clint Justice was 1-2 with an RBI Double.
Good luck to all!
Big Sandy game out great in the first game. Mostly because of a complete game by Lucas Burchette with only 1 earned. But Maggoffin Co. won the second game 17-3.
Pikeville Gumby Wrote:Big Sandy game out great in the first game. Mostly because of a complete game by Lukas Burchett with only 1 earned. But Maggoffin Co. won the second game 17-3.
Game One: Big Sandy played great defense only commiting two errors and found a way to manufacture 10 runs. Maggoffin made several mental mistakes and didnt hit the ball well.
Game Two: MAGGOFFIN HIT THE DAYLIGHTS OUT OF THE BASEBALL. That was one of the best offensive showings I've seen. The hit all holes hard and didn't let up to cruise 17-3.
Magoffin County dint come out to play ball the first game but the second game was a whole new story.
Congrats to magoffin. And good luck at state
baseballfan Wrote:Magoffin County dint come out to play ball the first game but the second game was a whole new story.
Congrats to magoffin. And good luck at state
How did they not come out to play in the first game?
Panther Thunder Wrote:How did they not come out to play in the first game?
It seemed like they just did not want to play the first game. Worse i have ever seen them play
baseballfan Wrote:It seemed like they just did not want to play the first game. Worse i have ever seen them play
Well here are the stats for game one for Big Sandy:

Gavin Miller- 0-1, BB, Reach on error
Jacob Robinson- 0-3, 2k's
Evan Smith- 1-2, BB
Colton Bentley- 1-2, Run Scored
Lukas Burchett- 1-3
Brad Tackett- 0-2, BB, Run Scored, K
Scotty Clevinger- 0-2, BB, 2k's
Cory Gannon- 0-1, FC
Clint Justice- 1-1, 2B, FC
Panther Thunder Wrote:Well here are the stats for game one for Big Sandy:

Gavin Miller- 0-1, BB, Reach on error
Jacob Robinson- 0-3, 2k's
Evan Smith- 1-2, BB
Colton Bentley- 1-2, Run Scored
Lukas Burchett- 1-3
Brad Tackett- 0-2, BB, Run Scored, K
Scotty Clevinger- 0-2, BB, 2k's
Cory Gannon- 0-1, FC
Clint Justice- 1-1, 2B, FC
Is this the game on friday or first game on saturday. Cause i was talking about the first game Sat.
Game Two:

Pithcing:
Lukas Burchett- 7 IP, 29 Batters Faced, 6 Hits, 1 Run, 0 ER, 2 BB, 8 K's, 2 Safe on Error, 90 Pitches Thrown

Batting:
Gavin Miller- 2-3, 2 BB, 2B, 2 Runs Scored
Jacob Robinson- 0-4, BB
Evan Smith- 2-4, HBP, K, 2 Runs Scored
Colton Bentley- 0-3, FC, 2B, 2 Runs Scored
Lukas Burchett- 1-4, BB, 2 SOE, Run Scored
Brad Tackett- 0-1, 4 BB
Scotty Clevinger- 0-5
Cory Gannon- 0-4, BB, SOE, 2 Runs Scored
Clint Justice- 0-3, 2BB, SOE, Run Scored
baseballfan Wrote:Is this the game on friday or first game on saturday. Cause i was talking about the first game Sat.
I know. Game 1 on Friday
Game Three:

Gavin Miller- 1-3, Run Scored, K
Jacob Robinson- 1-2, BB, Run Scored
Evan Smith- 0-1, 2 BB, Run Scored
Colton Bentley- 2-2, FC, 2B
Lukas Burchett- 1-3
Brad Tackett- 0-2, BB
Scotty Clevinger- 0-1, FC
Cory Gannon- 0-1, FC, SOE
Clint Justice- 0-2
Thanks PantherThunder for all of the info! I am a stat freak!