Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best 2a has to offer
Top 10 best middle linebackers in 2a football
Darrian Bell Danville Ky
Recorded 144 tackles 3 INT 2 fumble recoveries (1TD) sophomore year on 15-0 state championship team followed up with 104 tackles Jr year
6’2 217
Preston Spurlock #31 from Leslie County will easily be one of the best linebackers in 2A next season.
Colton jones middlesboro
Breathitt County

Charles Andrew Collins RB
William Long ——Center,DE
Brandon Slaughter WR
Braxton O ‘ hara QB
Not saying there best but they have rank in top 10 of there positions!!!!!
Somerset -- Jase Bruner ( preferred walk on UK offer) our own Leslie County Preston Spurlock, 2 of the best Linebackers in 2A.
Derry from Beechwood.
Damron and Smith from Martin County were both all district players in 3A last year. Both have put on weight and gotten much stronger. Could really cause some headaches for opposing offenses
Cardinals ride Wrote:Damron and Smith from Martin County were both all district players in 3A last year. Both have put on weight and gotten much stronger. Could really cause some headaches for opposing offenses

Man, I hope Martin County gets things turned around. Those players and that community deserve it. A fresh start and a new class may be what was needed. And your right, both those kids are football players! Good luck this year.
Well, Martin County has 14 seniors compared to 3 last year. And Coach Muncy and his staff have been there and established for a couple years. They’ve had a young group who has been through the fire and now they are bigger, faster, and stronger. MC is gonna be MUCH better based on the age of their team alone, imo.
Following
I think Leslie has two of the best linebackers in the mountains in Preston Spurlock and Spencer Napier they both tapped in over 100 tackles last season and they should break over 100 again this year but I’m hearing Napier is out with an injury any ideas of when he will be back or if he even will be back ?
Before it's over... Jax Rogers, Mayfield Cardinals.
Jacketfan606 Wrote:Colton jones middlesboro

is he my cousin?
Mayfield's Jax Rogers had 12 tackles on Friday
Drew Long for Lexington Christian had 12 tackles a sack and an interception!
^ Let’s see how he does against Belfry ☠️
He may have his hands full tonight
I was in Hyden last week watching LC vs Perry. Spurlock was in on about every play, he has got to be one of the best in 2A. LC has a physical team, they lay the boom on D.
Spurlock has 125 tackles in only 9 film games plus battling shoulder problems. He’s game for sure and pretty active
Mayfield's Jax Rogers ended the season with around 125 (120 before the championship game). He's a sophomore and will be turning heads before he's done.
Happy New Year everyone!
Since the thread was specifically about MLB's

1. Darrian Bell- Danville
2. Jase Bruner- Somerset
3. Mattie Lebryck- LCA
4. Jax Rogers- Mayfield
5. Preston Spurlock- Leslie County

That's five really good LB's that I can see arguing in any different order, but that is how I would put them 1-5 in hindsight.
SImpleplan Wrote:Mayfield's Jax Rogers ended the season with around 125 (120 before the championship game). He's a sophomore and will be turning heads before he's done.
Happy New Year everyone!

Also, he received an offer from EKU this week.
SImpleplan Wrote:Also, he received an offer from EKU this week.

I didn't realize he's just a sophomore. That kid is a monster. I would say he's already turning heads. Very impressive player.
A lot of talented kids in 2A hard to pick!!
Texans_99 Wrote:Preston Spurlock #31 from Leslie County will easily be one of the best linebackers in 2A next season.

I've seen him play. I think he will be tremendous next fall. How is the off season going for him?
Mattie Lebryk is prob the best MLB in 2A kids a beast
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:Mattie Lebryk is prob the best MLB in 2A kids a beast
Looking for a monster senior year from this kid. Ended his junior year with 126 tackles. If LCA makes a 2A run this kid will play a big part in it!!
Don’t know the name but the boy from somerset could really bring some stuff early in the season when i got a chance to watch him.
Gridiron_Raid Wrote:Don’t know the name but the boy from somerset could really bring some stuff early in the season when i got a chance to watch him.

You’re probably talking about Jase Bruner, although all of the linebackers were solid for Somerset this past season. Jase will be playing for the University of Kentucky next fall.
Preston from Leslie County is a great high school player. He's very undersized only sitting at about 5"10 for the college linebacker position. Hopefully he finishes his career at Leslie County where he was born and raised with all his friends. Not to bust anyone bubble but theirs not a D1 players east of 75 besides Somerset and Corbin. SPEED KILLS. And simply he's slow. Not knocking the kid. But he's a tremendous HS linebacker stand out!