Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers '07
What will Coach Tomlin do in his first year in a spot where 2 great coaches and 5 Vince Lombadi trophies came before him?
Can Big Ben come back from a down year?
Will Troy Polamalu and Hines Ward bounce back from injuries?
Can Lawerence Timmons or Lamaar Woodley step in for Joey Porter?
Will the Steelers even run the 3-4 defense this year?
Could Kevin Barlow be the next "Bus"?
Lets here it Steeler fans how will the Black and Gold do this year?
Well, its great to see another diehard Steelers fan on here. Although I wasnt at all happy with the hiring of Mike Tomlin, the Rooneys have always made good decisions, and hopefully this is another one. Ive heard rumors too of them switching to the 4-3, but in my opinion, he'd better leave Dick LeBeau the hell alone, and let him run the defense. I think Polamolu and Hines will bounce back just fine, and I think Big Ben will have a nice season. Kevin Barlow was a good pick up, and truthfully, I think the biggest loss of the off-season wasnt Joey Porter, but Jeff Hartings. Replacing someone as solid as Hartings is an awfully tough job, and if theres a question mark on the offense, its at center. Otherwise, I think the o-line will be very solid. As long as Timlin sticks to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust gameplan, mixing in the pass every now and then, they'll be just fine. Timmons and Woodley will be solid, in time..I really like the Timmons kid though. I think he's got bigtime talent, and he's got a nasty mean streak too..Ill tell you somebody else everybody's forgetting about, and he'll replace Porter just fine, and thats James Harrison. Harrison is flat out NASTY. I didnt want to see Porter go, but in my opinion, Farrior's the heart of that defense. And like I said, he'd better leave LeBeau alone as far as the defense goes. I see us going 10-6 and fighting for another division championship with Cincy. I'll take that too..I just hope the front office can deal with some issues that the players have. I hope they can resign my favorite Steeler (Alan Faneca) and let him finish his career out in Pittsburgh, but its no secret, he's NOT AT ALL HAPPY with the hiring of Tomlin. Like me, he wanted Whisenhunt or Grimm. But hopefully they'll get everything straightened out..What do you think about the season HP?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:What will Coach Tomlin do in his first year in a spot where 2 great coaches and 5 Vince Lombadi trophies came before him?
Can Big Ben come back from a down year?
Will Troy Polamalu and Hines Ward bounce back from injuries?
Can Lawerence Timmons or Lamaar Woodley step in for Joey Porter?
Will the Steelers even run the 3-4 defense this year?
Could Kevin Barlow be the next "Bus"?
Lets here it Steeler fans how will the Black and Gold do this year?

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

Will they win the AFC? Yes
Will they crush the Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Pats, Colts and anyone else that wants some? Yes

Beware of the Steelers!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well, its great to see another diehard Steelers fan on here. Although I wasnt at all happy with the hiring of Mike Tomlin, the Rooneys have always made good decisions, and hopefully this is another one. Ive heard rumors too of them switching to the 4-3, but in my opinion, he'd better leave Dick LeBeau the hell alone, and let him run the defense. I think Polamolu and Hines will bounce back just fine, and I think Big Ben will have a nice season. Kevin Barlow was a good pick up, and truthfully, I think the biggest loss of the off-season wasnt Joey Porter, but Jeff Hartings. Replacing someone as solid as Hartings is an awfully tough job, and if theres a question mark on the offense, its at center. Otherwise, I think the o-line will be very solid. As long as Timlin sticks to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust gameplan, mixing in the pass every now and then, they'll be just fine. Timmons and Woodley will be solid, in time..I really like the Timmons kid though. I think he's got bigtime talent, and he's got a nasty mean streak too..Ill tell you somebody else everybody's forgetting about, and he'll replace Porter just fine, and thats James Harrison. Harrison is flat out NASTY. I didnt want to see Porter go, but in my opinion, Farrior's the heart of that defense. And like I said, he'd better leave LeBeau alone as far as the defense goes. I see us going 10-6 and fighting for another division championship with Cincy. I'll take that too..I just hope the front office can deal with some issues that the players have. I hope they can resign my favorite Steeler (Alan Faneca) and let him finish his career out in Pittsburgh, but its no secret, he's NOT AT ALL HAPPY with the hiring of Tomlin. Like me, he wanted Whisenhunt or Grimm. But hopefully they'll get everything straightened out..What do you think about the season HP?
Well I wasnt happy with the hiring of Tomlin either,but at least hes a hard nosed defensive minded coach just like Cowher and Noll before him. Hartings was a Huge loss and an unhappy Alan Faneca is bad for the O-line. I think Alan will come around though. Remember he didnt like the idea of blocking for a rookie QB in '04 either but he came around. Harrison is a good special teams player and this year is his chance to be an every down contributor on D. Being that the Steelers drafted more linebackers than DL this year tells me they are sticking with the 3-4. I see either 12-4 or 11-5. Not many holes need to be filled on this team IMO. It wont take much to return to '04 and '05 form again.
DevilsWin Wrote:Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

Will they win the AFC? Yes
Will they crush the Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Pats, Colts and anyone else that wants some? Yes

Beware of the Steelers!
Its hard to type this reply. Im waving my Terrible Towel with one hand and typing with the other. LOL!
I'm thinking after this year, Polomalu, Roethlisberger, or Ward are gone, the Steelers are known for giving up early on big time talent, Kendrell Bell, Plexaico, Gildon. So i look for a big player from the '07 team to be released. They'll have an okay year, don't count on them making the playoffs though, Baltimore is too tough and the AFC is way more competitive than the NFC.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I'm thinking after this year, Polomalu, Roethlisberger, or Ward are gone, the Steelers are known for giving up early on big time talent, Kendrell Bell, Plexaico, Gildon. So i look for a big player from the '07 team to be released. They'll have an okay year, don't count on them making the playoffs though, Baltimore is too tough and the AFC is way more competitive than the NFC.
What? Gildon and Kendrell stayed hurt. What did either do after they left Pittsburgh? Plaxico was a locker room distraciton and a panty waist who wouldnt go over the middle or block like Hines does. If there was a DB within ten yards of him he wouldnt catch the ball. He had 3 TD passes right in his hands in the '04 AFC title game and dropped all 3 of them cause Rodney Harrison had him scared to death. If Im not mistaken Polamalu is the only player that is a free agent in 08. I dont see the Steelers letting him go.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I'm thinking after this year, Polomalu, Roethlisberger, or Ward are gone, the Steelers are known for giving up early on big time talent, Kendrell Bell, Plexaico, Gildon. So i look for a big player from the '07 team to be released. They'll have an okay year, don't count on them making the playoffs though, Baltimore is too tough and the AFC is way more competitive than the NFC.

Baltimore will take a big step back this year, they may not finish above .500. I think Cincy will win the division by 1 game over the Steelers, but I see them splitting their regular season matchups.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Go Steelers!!!!
hines ward
They will be average! I really think so and think this is the first and last year for Tomlin! I may be way off, but I just think he was a bad hire and getting rid of Porter who is your team leader right off the bat hurts! Kind of puts me into comparison with the Pistons letting Ben Wallace go. Look what it did to that team! He was the glue just like Porter was to the Steelers!
at first I thought "what the hell are they doing"..but man, everybody knows, even your Steeler non-believers know, that they are LOADED at linebackers. Pittsburgh reloads, especially at linebacker after losing big name guys every year..And this year will be no different. James Farrior is the heart and soul of that defense. Then you got guys like Clark Haggans, James Harrison, Larry Foote..and Timmons will be solid. They're gonna be wicked on defense this year. They'll be fine on offense too..theyve stayed injury free the off-season, Big Bens lost 20 lbs and is much more mobile..Losing Jeff Hartings to me, was much bigger than losing Joey Porter, but I panicked when Dermonti Dawson retired too..they'll be just fine. I think they'll go 10-6 or 11-5, somewhere around there...
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:They will be average! I really think so and think this is the first and last year for Tomlin! I may be way off, but I just think he was a bad hire and getting rid of Porter who is your team leader right off the bat hurts! Kind of puts me into comparison with the Pistons letting Ben Wallace go. Look what it did to that team! He was the glue just like Porter was to the Steelers!
Big Ben probably lost 20 pounds worth of blood from skydiving w/out a chute, lol!
Man, the Steelers are the worst!
bigpun Wrote:Man, the Steelers are the worst!
Well youre a browns fan. You should know about the worst. Go cry into your Bernie Kosar jersey now. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!