23) Jordan Vaughn, Sr, Madisonville
24) Tucker Shelton, Sr, LaRue Co
25) Anthony Johns, Soph, LCA
26) Owen LeMaster, Soph, Johnson Central
27) Drew Johnson, Jr, Somerset
28) Landon Nokes, Soph, Eastern
29) Peyton Saunders, Sr, Scott Co
30) Austin Taylor, Sr, Scott Co
This pole is not my opinion. It was constructed using feedback from over 100 coaches representing over 100 high schools. More importantly I have feedback from 4 NAIA coaches, 1 D2 coach and 2 D1 coaches here in KY. Finally I have feedback from 2 trainers and 2 news organizations. I also used All State selections as well. Please do not criticize this list if you don’t have at least as much research as I have. I started on this list last year and have more man hours than most of you work in a year just on obtaining a consensus ranking. Thank You.
Sounds good
It sure how Mason Heath at Southwestern has went under the radar, but he will be a big time get by any university. 6’2” 285 pound senior to be that is very athletic. He’s also very young only 16-17.
Most schools recruiting Wilson Kelly at Boyle Co are recruiting him as an OL from what I'm being told.

Wonder where he's got in on the list since he's a DL in HS?
I would add 3 Senior OL from Simon Kenton

Cory Cleveland 6'2 260 pounds
Lucas Kreidenweis 6'0 255
Devin Lyvers 6'2 285
X has several good linemen.
BoyleCo Wrote:This pole is not my opinion. It was constructed using feedback from over 100 coaches representing over 100 high schools. More importantly I have feedback from 4 NAIA coaches, 1 D2 coach and 2 D1 coaches here in KY. Finally I have feedback from 2 trainers and 2 news organizations. I also used All State selections as well. Please do not criticize this list if you don’t have at least as much research as I have. I started on this list last year and have more man hours than most of you work in a year just on obtaining a consensus ranking. Thank You.

No reason for anyone to criticize a list of young athletes that put in as much work as the ones you have listed. But for you to insinuate the legitimacy of your rankings based on the amount of research you have done is laughable.
I agree with that. I’m sorry your guy wasn’t mentioned. I spoke with several coaches in your county and district and his name was not mentioned. Sometimes kids just go under the radar.
No apology needed, my guys were mentioned. 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 14, 15, 16, 21, and 23. Youve comprised a list of a group of young men who take their craft very serious. All are very deserving to be on this list. Just simply stating the facts there is no legitimacy to ranking them and several big omissions. Stay on the grind and keep up the good work young fella.
BoyleCo Wrote:1) John Young, Sr, CAL
2) Walker Parks, Sr, Douglass
3) Dane Jackson, Sr, Mad South
4) Kiyaunta Goodwin, Soph, Holy Cross
5) Jagger Burton, Jr, Douglass
6) Logan Smith, Jr, Corbin
7) Ethan Wolford, Sr, Belfry
8) Alex Collett, Sr, Ballard
9) Parker Bates, Jr, Apollo
10) Blake Watkins, Sr, GRC
11) Nate Stotts, Sr, Male
12) Lucas Jones, Sr, Cov Cath
13) Blake Gossett, Sr, Male
14) William Long, Jr, Hopkinsville
15) Peyton Blackburn, Sr, Shelby Valley
16) Jordan Steele, Jr, Harlan County
17) Jon Nalley, Jr, Daviess County
18) Ryan Stratton, Jr, Anderson County
19) Kobe Burkhart, Jr, Harlan County
20) John Mudd, Jr, Waggoner
21) Andrew Clifton, Sr, Johnson Central
22) Johnathan Blackburn, Jr, Paintsville

Glad to see the "Hogs" finally getting some love! My boy is #7, and we're proud of it! It's an honor for him to be mentioned in the same breath of these great athletes, and we think he has earned that spot. Not going to say whether I think he needs to be higher or lower, just opinions anyway, just glad he's being recognized. Great list! Congrats to all these fine athletes.
FoSho Wrote:Most schools recruiting Wilson Kelly at Boyle Co are recruiting him as an OL from what I'm being told.

Wonder where he's got in on the list since he's a DL in HS?

If Wilson Kelly is playing OL, then he absolutely needs to be somewhere on this list, IMO. The kid is a beast!
I disagree. I am Wilson Kelley’s biggest fan obviously. However, I can’t rank him since he hasn’t played there much yet. He will be ranked prominently in the defensive line rankings. I only rank lineman because I was one in HS and College and coaches line at the HS level before I retired.
BoyleCo Wrote:I disagree. I am Wilson Kelley’s biggest fan obviously. However, I can’t rank him since he hasn’t played there much yet. He will be ranked prominently in the defensive line rankings. I only rank lineman because I was one in HS and College and coaches line at the HS level before I retired.

Can't argue with you there I guess. I'm just a big Kelley fan. If there's a D-Line list, this kid HAS to be on that one though, definitely!
BoyleCo Wrote:1) John Young, Sr, CAL
2) Walker Parks, Sr, Douglass
3) Dane Jackson, Sr, Mad South
4) Kiyaunta Goodwin, Soph, Holy Cross
5) Jagger Burton, Jr, Douglass
6) Logan Smith, Jr, Corbin
7) Ethan Wolford, Sr, Belfry
8) Alex Collett, Sr, Ballard
9) Parker Bates, Jr, Apollo
10) Blake Watkins, Sr, GRC
11) Nate Stotts, Sr, Male
12) Lucas Jones, Sr, Cov Cath
13) Blake Gossett, Sr, Male
14) William Long, Jr, Hopkinsville
15) Peyton Blackburn, Sr, Shelby Valley
16) Jordan Steele, Jr, Harlan County
17) Jon Nalley, Jr, Daviess County
18) Ryan Stratton, Jr, Anderson County
19) Kobe Burkhart, Jr, Harlan County
20) John Mudd, Jr, Waggoner
21) Andrew Clifton, Sr, Johnson Central
22) Johnathan Blackburn, Jr, Paintsville

Only 1 NKY lineman you missed out big time!
Top 2 of the 5 coached by one of the best Nathan Mcpeek!
No John Stone from Ashland? Stone currently holds 8 offers to play college football at the D2,D3 and NAIA level. He’s also been offered by Morehead St. I’m not sure how serious we can take your research/rankings when you have someone on your list who didn’t even start for his team last season.
Jason Fultz 6'4 270 T Sr. Leslie County..
He's a technician..
Daddy has worked hard on this list guys. Don't criticize him. There are good players on the list and there are some kids not on the list better than some that are on the list. The AP all state team as a reference is a joke. You've got only 16 voters and some are daddies putting their own kids on team. I'm glad O-lineman are getting recognized but to act like this is some definitive list is just cartoonish.
lextown Wrote:Top 2 of the 5 coached by one of the best Nathan Mcpeek!

3 of the top 5 toured Boyle Co HS and would have been Rebels had there been sufficient housing.

Add those three to the Rebels and they would have been the best team in KY. Period.

Instead we'll have to settle.........
BoyleCo Wrote:I disagree. I am Wilson Kelley’s biggest fan obviously. However, I can’t rank him since he hasn’t played there much yet. He will be ranked prominently in the defensive line rankings. I only rank lineman because I was one in HS and College and coaches line at the HS level before I retired.

The simple fact that Kelly is being recruited as an OL and him dominating last year when he played on both sides of the ball should put him on the list imo.

Remember that UK's Drake Jackson was the #1 ranked center in the country and had never played the position until he got to UK.
I'm going to chime in on this post,I attended a camp at Western KY with a College Coach this past weekend and Kelly was the best lineman there and went both ways in the one on ones and dominated, but as a coach I was more impressed with the kids feet and quickness, I look at that more than the the result of a one on one. He is legitimately a top 5 lineman on either side of the ball. Also, I went back and looked at the Western KY camp sheet before this post the kid was 6'2 281 and ran a 4.93-40 with a 4.6 shuttle. 6'2 is the only thing I believe keeps him from being a power 5 lineman and a big time recruit,All the kids on the list are great High School players.
Noway 3 Sophomores are 3 of the top 30 lineman in Kentucky. I am sure they are good but there is plenty of Senior lineman.
UK1fan Wrote:Noway 3 Sophomores are 3 of the top 30 lineman in Kentucky. I am sure they are good but there is plenty of Senior lineman.

I could argue one of them should be higher on the list, but all 3 belong.
FoSho Wrote:3 of the top 5 toured Boyle Co HS and would have been Rebels had there been sufficient housing.

Add those three to the Rebels and they would have been the best team in KY. Period.

Instead we'll have to settle.........

Plenty of room for new dorms in your area.
BoyleCo Wrote:This pole is not my opinion. It was constructed using feedback from over 100 coaches representing over 100 high schools. More importantly I have feedback from 4 NAIA coaches, 1 D2 coach and 2 D1 coaches here in KY. Finally I have feedback from 2 trainers and 2 news organizations. I also used All State selections as well. Please do not criticize this list if you don’t have at least as much research as I have. I started on this list last year and have more man hours than most of you work in a year just on obtaining a consensus ranking. Thank You.

That feeling when your mom yells at you for something you haven't done yet.
plantmanky Wrote:I could argue one of them should be higher on the list, but all 3 belong.

Will see how good they are when they play SK this season.
I understand that some people, parents, or coaches on here are going to be disappointed when a "best of" list comes out and their kid or player is not on it. Same goes for All State teams. This one is better or that one is better debate begins. And that's fine. But it's a sad day when grown folk start calling out young men and saying their not good enough, either on here or on a social media site. In my opinion this list looks pretty damn good. Every single player of the 30 has a case to be on BoyleCo's list. And I'm sure he did his research. Could some of the other kids not mentioned have made the list? Sure, but they didnt. This doesn't mean their not good enough or don't belong. It just means they didn't make this guys list for some reason or another. I love this site and love seeing and reading about our athletes on Twitter and Facebook doing great things. But let's try to be what we are, grown ups! Leave the arguments to the players and let them take care of it on the field. If you dont like this list, make your own and lets debate it. That's what makes this a great site. Like I said, in my opinion, all 30 deserved to be on the list, and a few more did to.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I understand that some people, parents, or coaches on here are going to be disappointed when a "best of" list comes out and their kid or player is not on it. Same goes for All State teams. This one is better or that one is better debate begins. And that's fine. But it's a sad day when grown folk start calling out young men and saying their not good enough, either on here or on a social media site. In my opinion this list looks pretty damn good. Every single player of the 30 has a case to be on BoyleCo's list. And I'm sure he did his research. Could some of the other kids not mentioned have made the list? Sure, but they didnt. This doesn't mean their not good enough or don't belong. It just means they didn't make this guys list for some reason or another. I love this site and love seeing and reading about our athletes on Twitter and Facebook doing great things. But let's try to be what we are, grown ups! Leave the arguments to the players and let them take care of it on the field. If you dont like this list, make your own and lets debate it. That's what makes this a great site. Like I said, in my opinion, all 30 deserved to be on the list, and a few more did to.

#55PirateFan talk to one of your buddies at Marshall today figured I would see your son but he said he wasn’t there. Seen 4 of the Pirates there. First one of those camps I have been to kind of hectic if you ask me. Getting to old can’t keep up with all this stuff going on at one time
Patriot1 Wrote:#55PirateFan talk to one of your buddies at Marshall today figured I would see your son but he said he wasn’t there. Seen 4 of the Pirates there. First one of those camps I have been to kind of hectic if you ask me. Getting to old can’t keep up with all this stuff going on at one time

They are hectic! Ethan said he didnt want to go to this one. I think he has his mind made up already of where he'll be committing. It's a full ride with all the bells and whistles and Ol Dad dont have to pay a dime so I'm all about it. The kid is wore out. I've had him at camps and visits since the 8th grade. He's just burnt out. Said he wants to commit and enjoy his last year of high school. The kid has never even been to prom because something always came up, either a camp, combine, or something. So hell, I'm going to back off of him and let him decide where he wants to go and let him enjoy summer. Like I said, all I ever wanted was to not have to pay for college unless I had to and that's took care of with a couple of his offers already so I'm happy! He still has a couple more he's going to do because he gave the coaches his word, and I won't let him break his word, but for the most part I believe his mind is made up.