Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jared Carter reinjures shoulder
alfus21 Wrote:I guess every school that offered him knew he would be a waste also. It was lose lose for Tubby or anybody at Kentucky with Jared Carter. If he comes and doesn't pan out then it's the coaches fault. If he doesn't come and does well somewhere else then every fan in the state knew he'd turn out great and the coach missed a great recruit. Kentucky fans always seem to know, but always afterwards. Funny how that works.
Exactly. Same way with Lofton and Brewer.
Redneck Wrote:What's funny is guys like you think Tubby was God. What did he ever do with his own recruits, NOTHIN... What is funny is watchin a 6-2 gaurd dunk over him in HIGH SCHOOL. What is funny is Scott County winnin a state championship WITHOUT a 7 footer. What is funny is seein his goofy 7' frame get knocked around the paint.

Once again, I guess you need to be hired at at a big NCAA school seeing as how you can scout talent better than any coach or scout in the college game, or at least for the 10 schools or so that offered Jared Carter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Once again, I guess you need to be hired at at a big NCAA school seeing as how you can scout talent better than any coach or scout in the college game, or at least for the 10 schools or so that offered Jared Carter.

Where's the proof of all those schools offerin him a scholarship, cause I never seen it in Cats Pause or the Lexington Herald. And maybe you're right, if you could hook me up a job interview I'd be more than happy to go.
Redneck Wrote:Where's the proof of all those schools offerin him a scholarship, cause I never seen it in Cats Pause or the Lexington Herald. And maybe you're right, if you could hook me up a job interview I'd be more than happy to go.

I can't believe I'm doing this but feel free to take a look at the message I posted on the first page that included the link. If you don't feel like looking then here you go. Take a look at the offers for yourself.

alfus21 Wrote:Nice try guys, but UNC did not back away neither did a lot of other big schools. UNC offered as did Cincinnati, Boston College, Georgia Tech, and Illinois among others.

At least have somewhat of a clue before posting what you think you know. This kid was a big recruit.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=48&p=8&c=1&nid=1460189
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I can't believe I'm doing this but feel free to take a look at the message I posted on the first page that included the link. If you don't feel like looking then here you go. Take a look at the offers for yourself.

Well anyways. Have you heard anything else from this situation other than the general info? Has CBG issued a statement about or anything? If you have any [B]other [B] information just send a link. Thanks!!
alfus21 Wrote:I can't believe I'm doing this but feel free to take a look at the message I posted on the first page that included the link. If you don't feel like looking then here you go. Take a look at the offers for yourself.

You said the "10 or so schools that offered him", I only seen 7. Yeah and look at the outstanding stat his Junior year in high school, he averaged 5, FIVE POINTS and 5, FIVE REBOUNDS a game. Pretty sad when you are 7' tall playin against boys only half your size.
Redneck Wrote:You said the "10 or so schools that offered him", I only seen 7. Yeah and look at the outstanding stat his Junior year in high school, he averaged 5, FIVE POINTS and 5, FIVE REBOUNDS a game. Pretty sad when you are 7' tall playin against boys only half your size.

I approximated without looking. At least I was right on the schools that did offer. You asked for proof where UNC and the other big name schools offered. I showed it to you. The end.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I approximated without looking. At least I was right on the schools that did offer. You asked for proof where UNC and the other big name schools offered. I showed it to you. The end.
:Clap:What would we do without you Alfus.
I hope he gets better..
He got offered a scholarship by several scools because
he was 7'0+ and had fairly good hands and decent mobility.
What could not be seen was that his frame does not carry
weight or strength well; thus, he will always be somewhat
frail and prone to injury like a lot of guys that tall.
One look at an Oden, and you know he's a different specimen
than a Carter. The big guy that was coming to UK who passed
away...we often forget what a difference that guy would have
made...his name escapes me...anybody remember? Anyway, he
was a big frame with strength and skill...