Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Tournament Schedule
All first round games played on Sat, May 25. @ Floyd Central HS.
Make-up day will be on Sunday the 26th.

Lawrence Co vs Paintsville (11:00)

Pike Central vs Pikeville (2:00)

Shelby Valley vs Belfry (5:00)

Johnson Central vs Floyd Central (8:00)

Quick analysis:
- Pikeville ends up with a great draw, avoiding both Lawrence and Johnson in the first round.
- Lawrence would be favored over Paintsville, but they played two close games this year, with LC winning 7-5 and 4-3. Should be a great game.
- SV and Belfry should also be a great matchup. These two split a pair of games in the regular season.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Semi-Finals on Monday 5/27.
@ 4pm & 7pm

Finals on 5/28.
@ 7pm.

All games will be Live on WSIP 98.9 or wsipfm.com
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
P-I-T-C-H-I-N-G spells Wins.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lawrence and Johnson have to be happy to see each other on opposite sides of the bracket. Still, this was a much tougher draw for Lawrence County. They will likely have to beat Paintsville then Pikeville to get to the finals.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:All first round games played on Sat, May 25. @ Floyd Central HS.
Make-up day will be on Sunday the 26th.

Lawrence Co vs Paintsville (11:00)

Pike Central vs Pikeville (2:00)

Shelby Valley vs Belfry (5:00)

Johnson Central vs Floyd Central (8:00)

Quick analysis:
- Pikeville ends up with a great draw, avoiding both Lawrence and Johnson in the first round.
- Lawrence would be favored over Paintsville, but they played two close games this year, with LC winning 7-5 and 4-3. Should be a great game.
- SV and Belfry should also be a great matchup. These two split a pair of games in the regular season.

LC and Paintsville should be interesting.
Pikeville should handle PCC
JC Will win easily over FC
Belfry and Shelby Valley should be interesting. Gonna come down to pitching and defense on both sides
Tough draw for Lawrence County. Johnson Central must be thrilled. They will coast to the championship game.
WildDawg Wrote:Tough draw for Lawrence County. Johnson Central must be thrilled. They will coast to the championship game.

LC May struggle with Paintsville for a while...but they’ll beat them. No struggle with Pikeville or PCC.
WildDawg Wrote:Tough draw for Lawrence County. Johnson Central must be thrilled. They will coast to the championship game.

Lawrence County always gets the tough draw in region. They will always more then likely have to beat both Paintsville and JC to win region. Unless one is upset. One of JC and Paintsville will always have a tough draw as well. Only one can win district so the loser will have to always play LC and Paintsville or JC. This year the bracket is wide open for JC to the finals.

Isn't that the truth... I heard JC folks going on about how they could save their best pitchers until they got to the championship game with the draw they got. :eyeroll:
I'd say you'll see our best on a game by game basis. None of the players or coaches are overlooking ANY team because they know they're gonna get everyone's best shot. At least I hope that's the mentality.
Creeker Wrote:Isn't that the truth... I heard JC folks going on about how they could save their best pitchers until they got to the championship game with the draw they got. :eyeroll:

If I’m Lawrence I’d play to win the tournament. Save your best for the championship game and roll the dice. You know what you’re up against in the championship and LC has a deep staff.
Why did Pikeville’s catcher get thrown out of the game with PCC?
Lawrence County won over Paintsville, 11-4.
Pikeville won over Pike Central.
Belfry over SV 11-3
The 2019 15th region Semi-Finals are set.

Monday night @ Floyd Central

Lawrence County vs. Pikeville - 4:00pm
Belfry vs. Johnson Central - 7:00pm