Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Team in '08!
Who do you believe is the best team bustin' out for 2008?
Same old story PLD, LCA, Catholic, and Tate's Creek.... and u could throw in PRP and Ballard
I know PLD lost 8 starters from the squad that started last night. Lex Cath lost 6-7 seniors. I don't think PRP loses more than maybe 2-3 key seniors. Other than those 3, I don't know much about any other team. But I'm sure you'll have Cov Cath, LCA, Tates Creek, Boyd County, and your regular "powers." The 15th Region shouldn't be too shabby either. With Lawrence only losing 1 player from a team that got as high as 21st in the state, and a VERY talented Paintsville team, this should be an interesting region, and state. The overall talent level was down this season in Kentucky as a whole. Next season looks to be a little more even though, with a lot of Lexington schools losing so much.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I know PLD lost 8 starters from the squad that started last night. Lex Cath lost 6-7 seniors. I don't think PRP loses more than maybe 2-3 key seniors. Other than those 3, I don't know much about any other team. But I'm sure you'll have Cov Cath, LCA, Tates Creek, Boyd County, and your regular "powers." The 15th Region shouldn't be too shabby either. With Lawrence only losing 1 player from a team that got as high as 21st in the state, and a VERY talented Paintsville team, this should be an interesting region, and state. The overall talent level was down this season in Kentucky as a whole. Next season looks to be a little more even though, with a lot of Lexington schools losing so much.
You know as well as I do that even though these schools may lose 6-7 players they will reload and be right up at the top again.
When you are a team with the stature of and the like of PLD, Lex. Cathoilc, you just reload! You could probably go through the school and hand pick a 25 win season with kids who arent even playing baseball.
Agreed no big suprises next year...same ole same ole
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I know PLD lost 8 starters from the squad that started last night. Lex Cath lost 6-7 seniors. I don't think PRP loses more than maybe 2-3 key seniors. Other than those 3, I don't know much about any other team. But I'm sure you'll have Cov Cath, LCA, Tates Creek, Boyd County, and your regular "powers." The 15th Region shouldn't be too shabby either. With Lawrence only losing 1 player from a team that got as high as 21st in the state, and a VERY talented Paintsville team, this should be an interesting region, and state. The overall talent level was down this season in Kentucky as a whole. Next season looks to be a little more even though, with a lot of Lexington schools losing so much.
Dunbar loses all three starting pitchers. PRP returns a solid 3rd baseman in Zack Cox. He was the ace, and was supposed to pitch against dunbar in the championship..but as we all know thats not how it ended up. Catholic loses Justin Riddell(OF,Cinncinnati signee), Ben Revere(OF, MLB), Jordan Root (SS/P,EKU), Wes Caldwell(C, Football signee @ UK), Tyler Hatfield (1B), and a few others..but return maybe the best pitcher in the state next year in Nick Maronde. Lafayette loses 3B Jayson Langfels(EKU) and Catcher Daniel Palombi (Evansville). Tates Creek has a young team which will suprise alot of people next spring. Henry Clay has a UK signee..might be one of the Craycraft kids..not sure. Its a toss up in lexington. Any one of those teams could be at applebee's next year. No doubt.
Godspeed Wrote:Dunbar loses all three starting pitchers. PRP returns a solid 3rd baseman in Zack Cox. He was the ace, and was supposed to pitch against dunbar in the championship..but as we all know thats not how it ended up. Catholic loses Justin Riddell(OF,Cinncinnati signee), Ben Revere(OF, MLB), Jordan Root (SS/P,EKU), Wes Caldwell(C, Football signee @ UK), Tyler Hatfield (1B), and a few others..but return maybe the best pitcher in the state next year in Nick Maronde. Lafayette loses 3B Jayson Langfels(EKU) and Catcher Daniel Palombi (Evansville). Tates Creek has a young team which will suprise alot of people next spring. Henry Clay has a UK signee..might be one of the Craycraft kids..not sure. Its a toss up in lexington. Any one of those teams could be at applebee's next year. No doubt.
Chris Craycraft signed with UK two years ago. Does he have a younger brother?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Chris Craycraft signed with UK two years ago. Does he have a younger brother?
It is his brother Jonathan Craycraft..I saw on a baseball website that he had signed with U.K.
Paintsville.