Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feds released 168,000 illegal immigrant family members into communities
Just more evidence that tough talk does not translate into tough action. The border and urban areas across the nation are awash with illegal aliens and the problem is getting worse, not better. Meanwhile, Republicans have negotiated a $1 trillion dollar infrastructure spending bill with Chucky Schumer and San Fran Nan and our tweet-tough president continues to help left wing social media giant, Twitter, fill its coffers by being one of its best customers.

Quote:Feds released 168,000 illegal immigrant family members into communities

(From the Washington Times, 8 May, 2019)

ICE has already released 168,000 illegal immigrant family members into the U.S. this fiscal year, and the number is likely to surge as the border situation deteriorates, a top deportation official told Congress on Wednesday.

According to the results of a pilot program, a staggering 87% of released families are skipping their court hearings, leaving judges to order them deported in absentia — and the government is ill-equipped to track them down.

“Family units are not appearing in great numbers,” said Nathalie R. Asher, the acting chief of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s deportation branch.

She revealed the numbers to senators Wednesday during a high-stakes hearing in which she and other immigration officials pleaded with Congress for more money and more legal tools to try to stop the surge of illegal immigrants.

Nearly 110,000 were nabbed at the southwestern border in April, including nearly 100,000 caught by the Border Patrol trying to sneak into the U.S. The other 10,000 were encountered when they showed up at ports of entry demanding to be let in, despite lacking permission.
^You will have a chance to vote for the Dem candidate in 2020!
Hopefully the 168k got dumped off downtown in urban areas of blue states.
jetpilot Wrote:^You will have a chance to vote for the Dem candidate in 2020!
Hopefully the 168k got dumped off downtown in urban areas of blue states.
I will be voting for a big spendingm, soft on illegal immigration Republican again in 2020. His name is Donald J. Trump!

I would prefer voting for a conservative but my choice is Democrat vs. Democrat-Lite. Conservatives have had very little influence within the Republican Party since Reagan left office.
What's so bad about taking in undocumented immigrants who are just in search of a decent place to live?

It's sad, how the Republican Party labels all of them like they're all just coming in to cause trouble. Of course, there is that fear of the white man losing his advantage.
Sci-Fi Wrote:What's so bad about taking in undocumented immigrants who are just in search of a decent place to live?

It's sad, how the Republican Party labels all of them like they're all just coming in to cause trouble. Of course, there is that fear of the white man losing his advantage.

You mean illegal aliens.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...tcount=121
Sci-Fi Wrote:What's so bad about taking in undocumented immigrants who are just in search of a decent place to live?

What advantage would you be speaking of here, getting paid for working?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jetpilot Wrote:You mean illegal aliens.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...tcount=121

Clicked on the link. :hilarious: You da man Jet
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What's wrong with coming to America, working, and getting the appropriate compensation for the work you did? Isn't that what America was originally founded on?

Just curious, how many illegal aliens in search of a decent place to live have you personally taken in?

When liberals accuse those with whom they disagree of being racist, what they are really saying is that they are too lazy and/or too stupid to respond with a rational, logical argument.

I would gladly trade American liberals who despise this country for hard working, well educated legal immigrants seeking to improve their lives, learn our language and become productive citizens - regardless of the color of their skin or country of origin.

How about it, Sci=Fi, would you be interested in giving up your place in this great nation to make room for somebody who would have more respect and appreciation for our culture, borders, and pursuit of the American dream? One of those many Nigerian princes and princesses would probably welcome you with open arms.
Sci-Fi Wrote:What's wrong with coming to America, working, and getting the appropriate compensation for the work you did? Isn't that what America was originally founded on?

Oh no. You don't get to totally bail out when you say something ridiculous and expect me to go along with you. You said the white man 'feared' losing his advantage.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I never said you were racist. But to say that you have inherent biases might be true.

White men have held a dominant advantage in this country for many many years. Whether it comes to leading in the job market or holding back women and minorities, things changed under Obama and now that fear sets in of losing the dominance.
Sci-Fi Wrote:I never said you were racist. But to say that you have inherent biases might be true.

White men have held a dominant advantage in this country for many many years. Whether it comes to leading in the job market or holding back women and minorities, things changed under Obama and now that fear sets in of losing the dominance.

If you don't work at a stable you should look into it. You're a natural. :dudecomeon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If you can't answer my point, duck dive dip and dodge. Or make a snark remark.
Sci-Fi Wrote:I never said you were racist. But to say that you have inherent biases might be true.

There is no difference in implying that somebody is a racist and explicitly calling them a racist. Your comments are born of extreme ignorance, so I understand where you are coming from. My close neighbors are almost all "persons of color," and I have lived in the same location nearly 10 years by choice. My development team consists of two Indians, one Turk with dual citizenship, and two individuals that you love to paint with a broad brush as evil white males.

I was absolutely serious when I said that I would gladly trade liberals for hard working, intelligent, well educated foreign national immigrants who respect our nation's laws and traditions. Of course, that is assuming that any country would be interested in trading their best and brightest for American liberals. I can't imagine why any country would consider such a trade.

Illegal aliens are criminals by definition.
Hoot, you and TRT have had your backs to the wall for years on here trying to defend yourselves on the issue of immigration. There's the typical "I work with" and "I know" and "I'm friends with" but none of that matters. You need to be for equal rights for everybody - regardless of their documented status and either you're for them, or you're not. Plain and simple. Labeling them all criminals is a big stretch. Most of them just haven't had what you and I have here in America and are looking to get that, that is all.
Sci-Fi Wrote:Hoot, you and TRT have had your backs to the wall for years on here trying to defend yourselves on the issue of immigration. There's the typical "I work with" and "I know" and "I'm friends with" but none of that matters. You need to be for equal rights for everybody - regardless of their documented status and either you're for them, or you're not. Plain and simple. Labeling them all criminals is a big stretch. Most of them just haven't had what you and I have here in America and are looking to get that, that is all.
Americans are under no moral, ethical, or legal obligation to afford equal rights to criminal illegal aliens. They need to work hard to improve their situation in their home countries. If they want to move to OUR nation, then they need to mold themselves into desirable immigration candidates and immigrate to this country legally. The system works but not all people in this world deserve to be American citizens. Breaking our immigration laws to enter this country should be an automatic disqualifier for illegal aliens to ever be considered for legal residency.

It is no stretch to label those who willingly and knowingly enter this country by breaking our immigration laws, and in many cases obtain forged documents to remain in this country, as criminals. Those who criminally violate our laws are, by definition, criminals. Those who fail to appear before judges for lawful immigration hearings are criminal fugitives from justice. That is not an opinion, those are the facts.

Supporting illegal immigration makes you an accomplice, IMO.
By "mold themselves into desirable immigration candidates," you mean white and Republican?

If supporting undocumented immigration makes me an accomplice, I'm proud of it. If it was such a bad thing, why would many business owners, large and small, feel sympathetic to their situation and hire them?
Sci-Fi Wrote:By "mold themselves into desirable immigration candidates," you mean white and Republican?

If supporting undocumented immigration makes me an accomplice, I'm proud of it. If it was such a bad thing, why would many business owners, large and small, feel sympathetic to their situation and hire them?
There you go again, branding somebody a racist because you are incapable of posting an intelligent response.
You and TRT are the ones that twist what everybody says. Duck dive dip and dodge. I don't know you so I have no clue if you're racist or not. You didn't even pay attention to the last question I asked.
Sci-Fi Wrote:You and TRT are the ones that twist what everybody says. Duck dive dip and dodge. I don't know you so I have no clue if you're racist or not. You didn't even pay attention to the last question I asked.
I am under no obligation to respond to idiotic questions after being called a racist. Ask questions that have no obvious answer and I may choose to enlighten you with a response.
What's so idiotic about asking why business owners, small and large, take deep interest in undocumented immigrants?

Again, I never called you or TRT racist.
Sci-Fi Wrote:What's so idiotic about asking why business owners, small and large, take deep interest in undocumented immigrants?

Again, I never called you or TRT racist.
Yes, you did and there is no excuse for it.
There's a difference in pointing out someone who is biased toward their own race vs. someone who actually has legitimate hate toward another race. I'm not saying you're either. But your posts very much imply bias.

I must be right that the business community takes great pride in helping people who are undocumented.
Sci-Fi Wrote:There's a difference in pointing out someone who is biased toward their own race vs. someone who actually has legitimate hate toward another race. I'm not saying you're either. But your posts very much imply bias.

I must be right that the business community takes great pride in helping people who are undocumented.
One who judges people based on their race is a racist. I have never done so and never will. I would end chain immigration and legal immigration from countries where terrorism is widespread. Our immigration system should be strictly merit based, which would necessarily result in an increase in immigration from countries such as India, South Korea, Japan, and other countries that produce people having top tier technical skills.

It is not in this nation's interest to allow people into this country who are poorly educated and diseased. When we fail to enforce our immigration laws and set criteria for legal immigration that ignores the potential contribution of immigrants to our national interests and future, then we are engaging in self destructive behavior as a nation.

Your position is the equivalent of a company hiring employees at random...no interviews, no health screening, no job history, no eduction, no requirements at all. Just walk through the front door and start working, or just illegally sign up for benefits for which American citizens pay. What would happen to a company that gave jobs to everybody who asked for one and set no limits on the number of job applicants?

This country is not physically large enough to support the world's population. The only logical immigration system is one that places the interests of American citizens first.

Illegal aliens are a cancer to this country that should be removed, and by removed, I mean returned to their nation of origin to the other side of the southern border wall that Trump promised but has yet to deliver.
First off - please start referring to them as undocumented immigrants and not illegal aliens.

Should we use a judgment system to determine who comes here? You and TRT are for actually turning people away. I am not unless the person has a history of fighting. If we accept the people who are impoverished and diseased as you and TRT like to call it, then why don't we try to make them better? If we accept them, make their situation better, they are certainly welcome to stay here but if not then they get to go back to their country healthier and hopefully bring something there that they learned from the United States.
Sci-Fi Wrote:First off - please start referring to them as undocumented immigrants and not illegal aliens.

Should we use a judgment system to determine who comes here? You and TRT are for actually turning people away. I am not unless the person has a history of fighting. If we accept the people who are impoverished and diseased as you and TRT like to call it, then why don't we try to make them better? If we accept them, make their situation better, they are certainly welcome to stay here but if not then they get to go back to their country healthier and hopefully bring something there that they learned from the United States.
I will call them what they are. They are illegal aliens. They are criminals who have violated our laws. The only people who are welcoming them here are other illegal aliens and others who have little or no allegiance to this nation. The people who are most vocally advocating for these criminals are white liberals who believe that illegal aliens will eventually become Democratic voters.
You tried to convince me you didn't have any racial bias - and now you label a whole group of people and on top of that say that the people most vocally advocating for them are "white liberals." I find that offensive!

The Republican Party is anti-immigration and considering it's evident Republicans hold yours and TRT's mindset heading into the 2020 elections then this will be one of the "sweep" elections for the Democrats.
Sci-Fi Wrote:You tried to convince me you didn't have any racial bias - and now you label a whole group of people and on top of that say that the people most vocally advocating for them are "white liberals." I find that offensive!

The Republican Party is anti-immigration and considering it's evident Republicans hold yours and TRT's mindset heading into the 2020 elections then this will be one of the "sweep" elections for the Democrats.
I don't need to convince you that I am not a racist. I really don't care what your opinion of me is. The Republican Party is for the most part, anti-illegal immigration - not anti-immigration - and that is an important distinction. (Too many Republicans also support allowing illegal aliens into this country because they are a source of cheap labor. That is why the problem of illegal aliens flooding into this country will not be addressed anytime soon, regardless of which party controls Congress.)

I also don't care if you are offended by the fact that the people who are most vocally advocating illegal immigration (aside from illegal immigrants themselves) are white liberals. When Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Beto O'Rourke, Bernie Sanders, most of the Democrats who have declared themselves candidates in the 2020 campaign, and almost all white liberals drop their advocacy for illegal immigration, then I will amend my comments. Until such time, you will just have to remain offended. Most Americans understand the detrimental impact that open borders have on the welfare of American citizens.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:One who judges people based on their race is a racist. I have never done so and never will. I would end chain immigration and legal immigration from countries where terrorism is widespread. Our immigration system should be strictly merit based, which would necessarily result in an increase in immigration from countries such as India, South Korea, Japan, and other countries that produce people having top tier technical skills.

It is not in this nation's interest to allow people into this country who are poorly educated and diseased. When we fail to enforce our immigration laws and set criteria for legal immigration that ignores the potential contribution of immigrants to our national interests and future, then we are engaging in self destructive behavior as a nation.

Your position is the equivalent of a company hiring employees at random...no interviews, no health screening, no job history, no eduction, no requirements at all. Just walk through the front door and start working, or just illegally sign up for benefits for which American citizens pay. What would happen to a company that gave jobs to everybody who asked for one and set no limits on the number of job applicants?

This country is not physically large enough to support the world's population. The only logical immigration system is one that places the interests of American citizens first.

Illegal aliens are a cancer to this country that should be removed, and by removed, I mean returned to their nation of origin to the other side of the southern border wall that Trump promised but has yet to deliver.

Excellent point, and right to the point IMHO. If immigration were to be based on need as the Dems claim to support, how could we ever draw the line? Billions of people, (or about one half the world's total population) live in poverty. If we here in the US are really going to allow 'being needy' as a subjective and sometimes even dubious basis to defy American law, I don't understand how we with any degree of virtue, can get by with extending the welcome mat only to Central America. What? just let others across the planet totally starve to death? Where is their place in the global welfare line? To the point--- No one nation on this planet, no matter which, could ever be morally held responsible for the world's poor. Even The Lord Jesus addressed the matter...
Mark 14:7 (KJV)
7 For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always.

The truth is we should do as we have always done. Feed and otherwise help those we can. Past that, totally evenhandedly allow only LEGAL immigration based on merit into this land. It's right to help the poor, and even incumbent upon us to so do. But we are not responsible for taking them on as perpetual wards, be that the Church, or the state. Helping people after a fashion, is part of the work of the Church but even where the Church is concerned, we are to do what we can. Neither the Church nor the state is responsible for taking care of the poor, as if it were a matter of unalienable right. You HELP, you don't adopt.

In my book, Sci-Fi and every other lib with such deep convictions of being the ever attentive husbandman of the poor, should open up his own checkbook, and leave how much others give up to their particular consciences. What's going on here though is the complete opposite. The Dems, (like San Fran Nan and good ol Bernie Sanders) want to tell the working class to be more generous while themselves, sit on personal fortunes the rest of us could only dream about. It's a come-on to justify their continual rises in taxation. And in that I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. Because, we all know the truth of all of this. This is the time in US history when the voter has lost control of his own destiny and in that the destiny of the land. Owing to the alarms and warnings, Dems know this is the time like no other to flood Red states with illegal immigrants looking for easy street. And they're not about to miss their chance or back down until or unless those afore mentioned voters wake up, and stand up, and vote them out of office.

To choose not to do so will be testament to the true power of apathy. When folks become so numb headed they won't lift a finger to help maintain their own freedom, it was over anyway. One way or another, elections have consequences and we are once again about to see.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just because people migrate here doesn't mean they're going to stay here. Some may come in, get the best education and training they can, then go back to their home country. That doesn't mean we're going to have 7 billion people living in the United States. Although I think the southern and midwestern areas are capable of holding a lot of people did decide to come here.

And yes, the Republican Party is anti-immigration. Just because somebody is undocumented doesn't mean they deserve to be kicked out.