Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 6 Letcher County 3 (Game 3)
Final

Conley pitches 5 innings Dillion pitches the 6th and Vance pitches the 7th and gets the save
Congrats JC...Congrats to the Cougars too on a great season nothing to be down about, how many seniors did LCC have?
Great game by both teams, I hated to see LC's coach in tears afterward. My hat goes off to him and his players and the community for all their hard work. JC killed the ball tonight and could have scored 2 more runs if not for an awesome play by the SS. Conley pitched his best game in about a month. I gotta give props to Coach Hall because he stuck with Mike when he started walking people and let him finish off what he started. I like the fact he sticks with his pitcher when he is in a little trouble. It shows how much he believes in them. Aaron Haney was named MVP I think I heard on WSIP he went 7-11 for the tournament with 3 2b's and 3RBI. Congrats Eagles and see you at APPLEBEES!!!!!!!!!
LCC stranded 16 base runners tonight! Big Congrats to JC! And to LCC, thanks for the ride!
Way to go JC!! Best of luck to you all next week. I hope to run down to Lexington and watch you all play.
Haney was a beast in this series! Hit the ball as well as I have ever seen him.
Congrats to LCC on a fine season, an outstanding job by Coach Dean and the LCC players. Congrats to JC on advancing, and from coming from 1 game down to advance to Applebees. JC has an oustanding team, is well coached and deserves to be where they are. But LCC has nothing to hang their heads over, they had a great season, and now we can cheer on JCHS!
Nice Job JC
This game surprised me, LCC couldn't score enough runs (sound familiar?) LCC played a good game on defense, but the pitching gave up to many hits. On offense LCC started of every inning good but when they got runners in scoring position they couldn't find a way to bring them in. JC's Conley and the rest of the pitching staff pitched great. Good luck JC in the State Finals at Applebees Park.
too bad i was hoping for a 14th team to make it and i thought it was there time to shine congrats jc
MVP2 Wrote:Congrats JC...Congrats to the Cougars too on a great season nothing to be down about, how many seniors did LCC have?
Good job to both teams, but congrats JC coming out with the win! I'm still a Region 14 guy though lol...
Congrats JC..

I got a question for you JC fans. How come Cody Conley never pursued pitchin, his brother was a hell of a pitcher, was the 2 man on the final four team a couple years ago.
Redneck Wrote:Congrats JC..

I got a question for you JC fans. How come Cody Conley never pursued pitchin, his brother was a hell of a pitcher, was the 2 man on the final four team a couple years ago.

He didn't play basball his freshman or sophomore years. He never really seemed interested in it.
He had a GREAt tourney! I know that!
Mr.Kimball Wrote:He didn't play basball his freshman or sophomore years. He never really seemed interested in it.

Really?? I thought Cody always played baseball.
WAY TO GO JCHS! Keep finding ways to win and bring us a state title home:1: . Something a team sport at JCHS has never done.
Redneck Wrote:Congrats JC..

Thanks for the comment about me. My brother didnt play baseball his freshman and sophmore year. He was more into basketball and football then i talked him going into going out for baseball his junior year and he loved it . Those two years he didnt play put him way behind and he has never been able to catch back up. When he quit he was alot better baseball player than me. But he was a catcher.

The reason he didnt pitch is because he was a catcher and i would always make him catch me and i was to lazy to catch him.
Hard Hitter Wrote:Thanks for the comment about me. My brother didnt play baseball his freshman and sophmore year. He was more into basketball and football then i talked him going into going out for baseball his junior year and he loved it . Those two years he didnt play put him way behind and he has never been able to catch back up. When he quit he was alot better baseball player than me. But he was a catcher.

The reason he didnt pitch is because he was a catcher and i would always make him catch me and i was to lazy to catch him.
haha dont let him full ya on the lazy part. he didnt get a chance to be lazy..running all those poles!
congrats to JC and good luck at state.
Go luck at state JC represent the 15 well
eastkyhunter Wrote:haha dont let him full ya on the lazy part. he didnt get a chance to be lazy..running all those poles!

Ya i did run a couple polls every now and then for the whole practice....haha
Hard Hitter Wrote:Ya i did run a couple polls every now and then for the whole practice....haha

i was fortunate enough i had to only run the one at the beginning of practice!
I think that JC's pitching played a big part in how they won as far as contrast and I think that that might h/ thrown the cougars out of sink in Game 3 maybe. Good luck 2 JC.
Good luck to Jc in state tournament