9. Prestonsburg
10. Pike county central
11. Phelps
12. Magoffin county
13. Betsy layne
14.east Ridge
15. Jenkins

Confusednicker:
Jc is the best team in the region hands down.
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:1. Johnson central
2. Lawrence county
3. Belfry
4. Pikeville
5. Paintsville
6. Sheldon Clark
7. Shelby Valley
8. Floyd county central
9. Prestonsburg
10. Pike county central
11. Phelps
12. Magoffin county
13. Betsy layne
14.east Ridge
15. Jenkins

I would say that Belfry is a spot or two high in this weeks summary poll. While they are much improved....and they played a very strong Montgomery Co team to an extra inning loss Friday night...I think they're probably more in the 4-6 range currently.

Pitching has been fairly stellar all season too this point. They've limited their walks...and they have multiple YOUNG arms. Their location has been consistent which is a big plus. That being said...defensively and situationally...they still struggle at times. They have very consistent hitters in Coleman, Cochran, Taylor, Browning, Windle and others. I actually think you'll see the biggest potential jump next year with this Belfry squad.
Pikeville, Belfry and Sheldon Clark are in the mix, good to have at least six teams in it. Johnson Central and Lawrence Co. look to be a notch above the rest but at least it's getting interesting!
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville, Belfry and Sheldon Clark are in the mix, good to have at least six teams in it. Johnson Central and Lawrence Co. look to be a notch above the rest but at least it's getting interesting!

From what I can tell....it does appear that LC and JC are in complete control the 15th. I would be shocked if anyone else advanced. That would be considered a MAJOR upset IMO.
Read in the Pikeville paper this morning that T Lakin of Pikeville is out and has a cast. Didn't sound good. Hope he isn't lost for the year.
jetpilot Wrote:Read in the Pikeville paper this morning that T Lakin of Pikeville is out and has a cast. Didn't sound good. Hope he isn't lost for the year.

Hate to hear that. He’s a good one. I really hate seeing kids losing HS time to injuries. This time is so precious in their young lives...and they don’t realize it. I’m sure most of us to do just about anything to get our HD days back. 👍🏼
Don't think so. Hands down? They should be. Biggest school in the region
Come on...way more factors play into having a good team than mere numbers. However, I do agree there is no hands down favorite due to the wierd nature of how things shake out in baseball. It's a different game.
BoltCoach9 Wrote:Come on...way more factors play into having a good team than mere numbers. However, I do agree there is no hands down favorite due to the wierd nature of how things shake out in baseball. It's a different game.

I actually do think it will come down to JC or Lawrence. They are the cream at this point
^^^I agree, you can use 2 factors or 50 and it still points to JC and LC. Of course strange things happen but they are very very good.