2. Whitley Co.- Best hitting team
3. North Laurel- toughest schedule ?
4. Corbin- Most experience team
5. Williamsburg- All A winner..
6. South Laurel
7. Clay Co.
8. Barbourville
9. Harlan Co.
10. Middlesboro- Hopefully we can continue to improve. Shew!
Good post on each team’s observation.
Knox best pitching staff
Best hitting team would be Whitley or Corbin and Clay has always been able to hit.
North has picked up a few nice wins, but they can’t make a run.
Williamsburg has taken a big blow for Camron Bowen so sad and I hope the kid can make it back, but he has college ball waiting, so he needs to get healthy.
South is scrappy so keep an eye on them. They have a few good arms as well.
Well Whitley blew a three run lead against Corbin tonight in the bottom of the seventh, tell me if you’ve ever heard that one before?
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Well Whitley blew a three run lead against Corbin tonight in the bottom of the seventh, tell me if you’ve ever heard that one before?

anchor yourself so your swelled head doesn't cause you to float away.
Very interesting for sure. 13th Region is so competitive. Not all teams are playing as they should.
For what it’s worth the game should’ve never been in question. Corbin left 3 or 4 runners stranded and Whitley’s lefty balked four or five times with no call and picked off the first base runner two or three times. Whitley did have a kid hit a nice shot over the left field fence though.
There is not a lot of difference between Corbin and Whitley, except Whitley doesn’t think they can beat Corbin and Corbin kids know they will win as long as they have a batter in the box.. JMO
The region is a three team race!! PERIOD!
1. Knox Central
2. Corbin
3. Whitley Co
Corbins wins tonight at Whitley 4-2.
What happened with Bowen @ Williamsburg?
knox is loaded. at the plate and on the mound.
whitley and corbin are very close.
whitley is young and has newer staff that is still getting the kids to belive in themselves.
corbins swagger keeps them fighting when others give up.
south has a shot when the right kid is on the mound.
williamsburg is gonna suffer without camo pitching.

JMO
Rumor is hes shut down from pitching to let his arm rest
KEEPITREAL Wrote:Rumor is hes shut down from pitching to let his arm rest

Yikes...I was afraid of that...but when he goes twice a week sometimes and throws nearly 100 every time out, that'll do it.
1. Knox Central (7-0 in region) playing good baseball right now. Probably best pitching staff.
2. Corbin (6-1 in region) has best player in region. Senior led team, lots of experience and knows how to win big games.
3. Whitley (7-2 in region) both losses in region to Corbin. Solid team that hits well, don't know if they believe they can win the big one.
4. North Laurel (2-4 in region) has a big win against Corbin. Lost games though to Clay, and beat handedly by Knox and Whitley.
5. Williamsburg
6. Clay County
7. South Laurel
8. Harlan County
9. Barbourville
10. Boro
Corbin May be senior led, but too impressed with how they carry themselves on the field. Very talented group and I am a big fan of the leadoff hitter but what watching them interact with their teammates and coaches when things didn’t go their way was not anything to be excited about. It could have been that one day and that stuff never happens. If that’s the case then so be it. Just an observation
Ranking after 5 weeks:
1. Knox Central- best pitching staff
2. Corbin- excellent hitting team
3. Whitley Co.- good hitting team
4. Clay Co.
5. North Laurel
6. South Laurel
7. Barbourville
8. Middlesboro- District #1 seed weakest district
9. Williamsburg
10. Bell Co.