Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Seniors 07-08 in 15th
Who will be the Top 5-10 Seniors in the 15th this coming year of 07-08?
Landon Slone-Paintsville
Jaryd Crum -- JCHS
Honaker -- PHS
How about Jacob Bryant-Shelby Valley.
Slone--paintsville
Bryant--valley
Crum--jc
Hall-pburg
(kid from phelps) if he is a senior
newman--BL
hamilton--pc
honaker-pikeville
Landon Slone-PHs
Charile Hunt-phelps
thanks I could not remeber the last name, Hunt from Phelps
Hunt is still playin at Phelps, what grade is the kid hes been playin forever? lol
Well.... Slone is not the only one to watch from Paintsville. VanHoose, Grimm, and Bundy and Pack along with Daniel Meade will all be Seniors. No one can tell what will happen this coming year. I am sure each school has its fair share of good seniors. I loathe threads like this because folks base their picks on everything from being "cousins" to someone or "who's hot" or "who scores the most points". How can anyone tell what will happen next year... unless they've got a "crystal ball" in their back pocket, it's a CRAP SHOOT! We'll all just have to wait and see who gets to play where, who gets to play, and all kinds of things! I wish all 15th Region Seniors the Best of Luck for the coming season... I'll leave them with this to ponder... PASS THE DAMN BALL & LOOK FOR THE OPEN MAN... TEAM BALL WINS GAMES! It doesn't make a damn how many points any one individual scores if the team loses... nothing gets attention like victories!
EagleMom Wrote:Jaryd Crum -- JCHS
Honaker -- PHS
Not sure I'd rate Crum a top Senior. I could be wrong but I don't believe he has played on a winning team in HS and being considered a "top" player he has to be able to help his team win games and that is even more important from the PG position. Most team you look at with a good point guard usually have a winning record and a competitive, with a great PG they usually compete for championships, but with an average PG they usually find it hard to compete with better talent. Its not like he hasn't played with good players. He had McCarty last season and had Brandon May before that at SC and still couldn't win games. I know my opinion dosen't matter a whole lot but he hasn't shown me anything for me to think other wise. He's descent though.

With that being said my top 5 are:

1.Slone-Paintsville...The best player in eastern KY and one of the top 5-10 in KY.

2.Newman-Betsy Layne
3.Vanhoose-Paintsville
4.Grimm-Paintsville
5.Hunt-Phelps
6.Hamilton-PC
7.Honaker-Pikeville
8.Meade-Paintsville...Probabily a top 2 or 3 defender in the region.
9.Hall-PBurg
10.Hammonds-Allen Central

FYI....I wasn't sure what grade Bell from Pikeville was in but if he's a SR. I'd put him in there somewhere. The same thing for Clevenger(just not sure about their grade). Also I didn't want to have so many Paintsville players but Every other team is so young that I really seen no other alternative. I probabily could have even added Bundy in there somewhere. But really after thinking about it thats how I see it.

JMO, but I think Meade of Paintsville has the ability to be an impact player next season. He's quiet offensively but he is one of the best defenders in the region.

Sorry for some of my grammer and spelling mistakes in my previous post I just read over it and couldn't edit my mistakes.
[quote=IISnakE] I wish all 15th Region Seniors the Best of Luck for the coming season... I'll leave them with this to ponder... PASS THE DAMN BALL & LOOK FOR THE OPEN MAN... TEAM BALL WINS GAMES! It doesn't make a damn how many points any one individual scores if the team loses... nothing gets attention like victories![/quote]

Well said!! :thumpsup:
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:How about Jacob Bryant-Shelby Valley.

Agreed. I'm surprised so many people forget about him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Moe i like your tops but I would not go as far as slone being the best in eastern ky. but in the 15th yes. I only had 8 so:
9 vanhoose, 10 grimm
So Moe, you gave us 10 seniors in the 15th region. You don't think Jacob Bryant from Shelby Valley is better than like Hammonds or Hall atleast?
MVP2 Wrote:Hunt is still playin at Phelps, what grade is the kid hes been playin forever? lol

He is an upcoming senior this year....
phs1986 Wrote:He is an upcoming senior this year....

Is he doing good now since that accident last year
Moe Wrote:6.Hamilton-PC
7.Honaker-Pikeville
8.Meade-Paintsville...Probabily a top 2 or 3 defender in the region.
9.Hall-PBurg
10.Hammonds-Allen Central

FYI....I wasn't sure what grade Bell from Pikeville was in but if he's a SR. I'd put him in there somewhere. The same thing for Clevenger(just not sure about their grade). Also I didn't want to have so many Paintsville players but Every other team is so young that I really seen no other alternative. I probabily could have even added Bundy in there somewhere. But really after thinking about it thats how I see it.

JMO, but I think Meade of Paintsville has the ability to be an impact player next season. He's quiet offensively but he is one of the best defenders in the region.

Sorry for some of my grammer and spelling mistakes in my previous post I just read over it and couldn't edit my mistakes.
Clevenger is a Jr.
Bell is a SR.
Sorry but if Bell and Clevinger are Seniors, I wouldn't put either one of them on the list over Jacob Bryant.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Sorry but if Bell and Clevinger are Seniors, I wouldn't put either one of them on the list over Jacob Bryant.
Clevenger is NOT a SR.
Bell is and he does not deserve being in front of Bryant. I think a lot of people forget about him (Bryant) because valley plays GREAT TEAM BASKETBALL. He doesn't stick out as much as the Slone or Grimms in the region. But, i do think Bell is deserving of some recognition as a great 6th man. I don't think he should start not because of his talent level but he gives the panthers such a spark of the bench that no one else can do. And that is what leads team to championships, everyone has to know their roles. Shelfiness can destroy the most talented teams and i think the 15th has seen that this past 3 years!!:Thumbs:
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:So Moe, you gave us 10 seniors in the 15th region. You don't think Jacob Bryant from Shelby Valley is better than like Hammonds or Hall atleast?
Actually I do believe he is better than those two. It was just an honest mistake on my part. I'd put Bryant at #3 behind Slone and Newman and drop everyone else. My mistake.:Thumbs:
meganwillis10 Wrote:Moe i like your tops but I would not go as far as slone being the best in eastern ky. but in the 15th yes. I only had 8 so:
9 vanhoose, 10 grimm
Thanks. I can respect your opinion but out of curiosity who do you believe is better than Slone in eastern Kentucky?? My top three are Slone, Johnson-Cumberland, and Cox from JBS, But of course thats only my opinion.Big Grin
Grand Slam Wrote:Is he doing good now since that accident last year

Absolutely!! Charlie is a wonderful athlete who has came leaps and bounds!! He has had to work hard to get back to where he is now but yep.... he is doing much better....
I understand your argument but I dont even know who Newman from Betsy Layne is and you also have Hall, and Alex Hammonds in fornt of Crum, WOW!!!
*Coeus* Wrote:I understand your argument but I dont even know who Newman from Betsy Layne is and you also have Hall, and Alex Hammonds in fornt of Crum, WOW!!!
Newman is the big 6'9 kid who basically dominated the interior late last season. Hall will be one of if not the best shooter in the region. As far as Hammonds and Crum a little advice, compaire every aspect of the game and what they do for their paticular team and its not even close Hammonds is far and away better than Crum. Like I said Cram has never even played on a winning team while starting at thr PG. What is so impressive about that? I thing the best record he has had in HS in one season was like 11-17(give or take a game oe 2). I just don't feel he belongs in this catagory. Simple as that.
Don't forget about Dustin May from Belfry.
Jacob Bryant definately needs to be on this list.
Pikeville has four kids that could get some consideration in this group. Jordan Bell, Matt Clevinger, Tim Honaker and Daniel Harmon who should be a full time starter this year.
bigpun Wrote:Don't forget about Dustin May from Belfry.
Jacob Bryant definately needs to be on this list.
Pikeville has four kids that could get some consideration in this group. Jordan Bell, Matt Clevinger, Tim Honaker and Daniel Harmon who should be a full time starter this year.

Two should be considered, only two of those are seniors.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Should be another interesting season in the 15th.
Grand Slam Wrote:Is he doing good now since that accident last year
seems to be doing fine and Charlie Hunt will be very good next year he was finding a rythem at end of last year.
I cannot image someone would put Bell on the top ten list.I grant you he plays hard but no OFFENSE, if he was so good why didn't he start way overrated!