Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randy McCoy new coach at University Heights
Randy McCoy, former Morehead State University assistant, Elkhorn City High School and Pikeville College coach was named the new basketball coach at University Heights. East Ridge sure missed the boat on hiring coach McCoy as their coach. We sure could of used him as our coach considering the shape the program is in now and with the young talent that is coming into the program at East Ridge. Another goof among the administration at ER.
Good Luck coach McCoy
100 bucks says he is in trouble for recruiting within 2 years
ERblue4ever Wrote:Randy McCoy, former Moread State University assistant, Elkhorn City High School and Pikeville College coach was named the new basketball coach at University Heights. East Ridge sure missed the boat on hiring coach McCoy as their coach we sure could of used him as our coach considering the shape the program is in now and with the young talent that is coming into the program at East Ridge. Another goof among the administration at ER.
The ER administration made the right decision in "not" hiring him.
This should be a pretty good hire, good luck to Coach McCoy at UHA.
bball fan Wrote:The ER administration made the right decision in "not" hiring him.

I agree...
ER has made many mistakes with the hiring and firing of coaches. They have also simply allowed to much politics to enter into what should be coaching decisions alone. Hire some coaches for the kids and let them do their jobs.
As for McCoy seems like the perfect fit. Good Luck
thedarkside Wrote:100 bucks says he is in trouble for recruiting within 2 years
Your probably right, the KHSAA is really emphasizing recruiting among private schools and McCoy will be trying to bring kids from all over the country.
I never could have seen him going this far from easten kentucky to coach HS, college maybe but not HS. I thought he got out of coaching because of his health. He will have 1 DI recruit and possibly two so he'll be left with some good talent to work with. Very suprised by his decision. But I guess if basketball is in your blood then your always looking for a new challenge, thats probabily the case with Coach McCoy. Theres not as much responsibility at the HS level, although its still a very challenging and stressful job. Best of luck to him.
Hmm. I've been working with Mr. McCoy over the past few months, and he never mentioned it. I suppose he couldn't. But its still a suprise. Question. Where is University Heights?
Brittany0121 Wrote:Hmm. I've been working with Mr. McCoy over the past few months, and he never mentioned it. I suppose he couldn't. But its still a suprise. Question. Where is University Heights?

Hopkinsville
Brittany0121 Wrote:Hmm. I've been working with Mr. McCoy over the past few months, and he never mentioned it. I suppose he couldn't. But its still a suprise. Question. Where is University Heights?
UHA is a small Private school in western kentucky. They are located in the 2nd region and the last time I checked they had approx. 72 total students and have produced several DI players in the last 15 years. Its located in or very close to Hopkinsville.
UHA is anywhere from 5 1/2 to 7 hours from Pikeville Kentucky.
Good luck Mr.McCoy
Good luck Coach McCoy!