Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs Letcher Central
RollEm97 Wrote:i agree 14th was down this year could have picked 2 of 3 other teams that might have been better than LCC but they can win in the big games...i take JC in 3 games...but as i mentioned in another post, if infact LCC can push a game three meaning Blanton and Fife?(forgive the spelling) off of the mound then LCC can win

Who does LCC have for game 3? JC still has Conley, Vance, Baldwin, Richardson, and Stacy. Conley pitched against Boyd last year and has pitched some high profile games in the last two years, has been overshadowed by the success of Fyffe and Blanton but I don't see LCC with a pitcher of his caliber for a game three. Definitely JC if it goes three!!!!
When JC and LCC met earlier this year JC pitched Blanton and closed with Fyfe, while LCC pitched Brock (freshman) who has started 4 games this year and Nathan Adams, who started one game, and closed with Perez who has pitched maybe four times this year. Both teams have gotten much better, but it was a close game to have not one of LCC top three pitchers not throwing the ball, when they threw their one and two.
Green Wrote:When JC and LCC met earlier this year JC pitched Blanton and closed with Fyfe, while LCC pitched Brock (freshman) who has started 4 games this year and Nathan Adams, who started one game, and closed with Perez who has pitched maybe four times this year. Both teams have gotten much better, but it was a close game to have not one of LCC top three pitchers not throwing the ball, when they threw their one and two.
It really was NOT a close game. Blanton went the first 5 innings and did give up a couple of runs in the first when JC made a ton of errors. However after the first inning I dont think that Blanton gave up a hit. Johnson Central had a commanding 10-2 lead when Central put 8th grader Cody Parker in, in the 6th. Parker had a lot of trouble finding the plate, walking several batters and then giving up a grand slam that would have been just a routine fly ball out in any other park besides Fleming -Neon. Fyffe did close however pretty much striking out everyone he faced. This game, if not for the JC errors in the first and giving an 8th grader a little time on the hill to get some experience, could have very easily been a 10-0 mercy run game.
Going into the 7th the score is tied 0-0. JC had the bases loaded with one out but a hot shot to the 2B and a quick throw to second doubled them up and LCC got out of the jam.
LCC....1
JC......0 in 8 innings.

Cougars in a 2 game sweep.
Where is all the doubters at now? JC in a sweep.?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Where is all the doubters at now? JC in a sweep.?
I was one that thought JC in 2 easily!!! Boy do I feel foolish!!!
Guess that is why they play 3 Guru. Nothing is proven yet! Gotta win 2! GO COUGARS!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Guess that is why they play 3 Guru. Nothing is proven yet! Gotta win 2! GO COUGARS!
I know!!!
My wife has family on LCC, so I can't say we would be devastated if the Cougars win it!!!
She is e-mailing Connie right now!!!! Going HOGG Wild!!!Wink
I said Lcc in three and I am sticking to it.