Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 64 South Laurel 59
A great girls game. North led by one at half, turned South over a bunch in third quarter, got up by 10. South returned the favor in the fourth, actually took a one-point lead with :45 left. But Isabel Gray got fouled on a three (legitimate call), made two to put North back on top, then South just couldn’t get another shot to fall and Gracie Jervis made four more free throws to seal it.
If these teams played one hundred times I swear I think it would be 50-50, they were that evenly matched. North’s biggest strength versus South is that they are very balanced offensively, whereas South has to rely so much on Steele and Collett, who are great high school players, and had I think 47 of their 59 points. Hopefully North can come back to earth by Monday night against a dangerous Harlan Co. team and get the schools first-ever regional championship in girls basketball.
Great game and great atmosphere. Bruner played nice for NL. #43 for South is a gutsy ball player, thought she played an extremely tough game to battle in the post with the Hubbard girl.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Great game and great atmosphere. Bruner played nice for NL. #43 for South is a gutsy ball player, thought she played an extremely tough game to battle in the post with the Hubbard girl.

Anders, she’s one of the most overlooked players in the 13th. North has a more balance game, inside/outside.