Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitcher From Allen Central?
I heard that Allen Central has a pitcher that was clocked at over 90mph. Is that true? Who is this kid?
I think Scott Little was clocked in the high 80's yesterday during Allen Central's game vs. Pike Central. Not sure about 90 mph though.
Little threw consistently 81-83 mph yesterday in his 2 innings. If I'm not mistaken, I think his top speed was 85 mph. I don't know how hard he has thrown throughout the year, but I've heard he's had a few outings where he's reached the upper 80s.
I've only seen the kid pitch one time and I would say low 80's is about right. No way he threw in the 90's.
I don't think he has thrown into the 90s, but from what I have heard he has hit in the upper 80s (86-88 mph) at times this season. I think he topped out in the region at 85 from what I have heard, and also that he wasn't at his best. This is one of those kids who can have the possibility of getting to that fast because of his body frame. He is a good pitcher, and a dandy kid from what I hear. He doesn't throw into the 90s however, but if he conditions himself, he is one kid who might be able to.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Little threw consistently 81-83 mph yesterday in his 2 innings. If I'm not mistaken, I think his top speed was 85 mph. I don't know how hard he has thrown throughout the year, but I've heard he's had a few outings where he's reached the upper 80s.

He topped out at 85 yesterday. There was no sniff at 90. Tonight he worked in the first two innings at 81-84 . He hit 86 one time and hit 87 one time. After his first two innings he dropped off considerably and was working primarily in the mid to upper 70's touching the low 80's.
Pacman Wrote:I don't think he has thrown into the 90s, but from what I have heard he has hit in the upper 80s (86-88 mph) at times this season. I think he topped out in the region at 85 from what I have heard, and also that he wasn't at his best. This is one of those kids who can have the possibility of getting to that fast because of his body frame. He is a good pitcher, and a dandy kid from what I hear. He doesn't throw into the 90s however, but if he conditions himself, he is one kid who might be able to.
He did hit 86 one time and hit 87 one time.His mechanics are much better this season, but he still stiff arms when he throws occasionally. Not nearly as bad as last season however.I think that may be what is causing some of the sore arm problems or his arm is sore already and he is compensating to ease the pain . I really think that those two issues are working hand in hand.

I think he has a very bright future if he is handled correctly and works with the proper people to correct a few little things. He has the frame to be an upper 80's pitcher and I am sure he has the work ethic. But first thing is he has to take care of that arm and he has to have people around him that will try to help him in that aspect. That thing is not a lizard's tail hanging on his shoulder. It wont grow back.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:He did hit 86 one time and hit 87 one time.His mechanics are much better this season, but he still stiff arms when he throws occasionally. Not nearly as bad as last season however.I think that may be what is causing some of the sore arm problems or his arm is sore already and he is compensating to ease the pain . I really think that those two issues are working hand in hand.

I think he has a very bright future if he is handled correctly and works with the proper people to correct a few little things. He has the frame to be an upper 80's pitcher and I am sure he has the work ethic. But first thing is he has to take care of that arm and he has to have people around him that will try to help him in that aspect. That thing is not a lizard's tail hanging on his shoulder. It wont grow back.
I'm surprized Scott hit 87, he was hurting but looked like he really wanted to pitch. I do think his mechanics suffer when he hurts or gets really tired. I know that Scott will be going to some better camps this summer. perhaps someone can help him. Thanks for the concern Mr. Kimball.
Anyone know of any schools looking at him?
Tubby Hater Wrote:Anyone know of any schools looking at him?
I believe I heard that he had received letters from UK, UL, WKU, and some school in North Carolina. There may be a few more, but I'm not sure. Those are just the ones I HEARD.
Guys, in the cities of Lexington and Louisville and just literally Central Kentucky, there are probably at least 25 pitchers who can throw In the upper 80's. So no big deal IMO!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Guys, in the cities of Lexington and Louisville and just literally Central Kentucky, there are probably at least 25 pitchers who can throw In the upper 80's. So no big deal IMO!
That's because all they do is pitch. Around here (eastern KY) most schools don't have enough players to have a few focus on one position. Little pitches, plays outfield, and I've even seen him play 1st at times this year. I'm sure if schools around here had players who pitch and pitch and pitch, it wouldn't be as rare to have a junior throw in the mid-upper 80s. One example, Lexington Catholic's ace is a junior (can't recall his name). He lost his first game in 2 YEARS last night. He was 23-0 until the regional finals. He's a JUNIOR and can hit the low 90s. I'm sure all he does is pitch and THAT'S IT!
Most of the time your best pitchers are also your best hitters in high school then they develop you into a pitcher when you reach college.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Most of the time your best pitchers are also your best hitters in high school then they develop you into a pitcher when you reach college.
That's true. But still...you go to Covington, Owensboro, Lexington, Louisville, and Bowling Green, not many pitchers do anything other than pitch...not even hit.
I do go and have seen it for years..We are beating a dead horse, lol..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I do go and have seen it for years..We are beating a dead horse, lol..
HaHa. True. Let's just let it die on its own. lol
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Guys, in the cities of Lexington and Louisville and just literally Central Kentucky, there are probably at least 25 pitchers who can throw In the upper 80's. So no big deal IMO!
I agree i have seen a lot of fine pitchers over the years come out of central kentucky. One question, how many of them attended a high school that doesn't even have their own baseball field. It just makes it harder for us.
Are you talking about Allen Central? Sorry, i don't know who us is..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Are you talking about Allen Central? Sorry, i don't know who us is..
Yes i'm talking about Allen Central. And you did know that.:dontthink
bad hop Wrote:Yes i'm talking about Allen Central. And you did know that.:dontthink

Bad hop , check your PM's.
yes, his name is little