Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 59 North Laurel 43
Final
JJ Ramey unstoppable ! How many in a row has SL won over NL now? I think the last time was when the Gray hit a buzzer beater at North maybe 3 years ago.
Brads defense decisions were not very good. NL had a small guard on JJ for awhile SMH!
Pussell Gut Wrote:JJ Ramey unstoppable ! How many in a row has SL won over NL now? I think the last time was when the Gray hit a buzzer beater at North maybe 3 years ago.

More like what’s South’s overall record against NL since the split?

North will be more formidable next year with Cole Kelly, Alexander and Reed Shepherd. Problem is, South will be just fine as well.
South Laurel's defense was unreal during the 2nd and 3rd qtrs. I think they went on a 22-2 run during that time. JJ Ramey dribbled out the last 35 secs of the second qtr then pulls up from 25 feet with about 3 secs on the clock for a dagger. North was pretty much done from that point.
I more impressed with how south has bought in defensively. Hold corbin to 39 and north at north to 43. Impressive
Leonards_loser Wrote:South Laurel's defense was unreal during the 2nd and 3rd qtrs. I think they went on a 22-2 run during that time. JJ Ramey dribbled out the last 35 secs of the second qtr then pulls up from 25 feet with about 3 secs on the clock for a dagger. North was pretty much done from that point.

My view was terrible, sat behind the rail. I think at one point Reed intercepted JJ or picked his pocket one, next play or two JJ threw down a nasty dunk on a runout. My memory might be off, but it seemed like that was another moment that foretold the blowout
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:My view was terrible, sat behind the rail. I think at one point Reed intercepted JJ or picked his pocket one, next play or two JJ threw down a nasty dunk on a runout. My memory might be off, but it seemed like that was another moment that foretold the blowout

Reed Sheppard stole the ball at midcourt and tried a reverse layup that Ramey was still able to swat away then on the next trip down court South forced a North turnover that led to Rameys monster slam on the other end. Was a lot of heads drooping down after those two possessions.
Pussell Gut Wrote:JJ Ramey unstoppable ! How many in a row has SL won over NL now? I think the last time was when the Gray hit a buzzer beater at North maybe 3 years ago.
South is 10-1 vs north in last 5 years. North last beat south in 2016-17 season according to khsaa South has won last 5 meetings.
South played great defense no doubt, but the horrendous shot selection by North all night was definitely part of it
Jj Ramey with 26 and 10. Matt Cromer with 15 and 9. Brett Norvell with 9 and 9.
Congrats South!