Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill 10 Powell 6. Goes Down to the wire!
Estill hits a 2 out full count grand slam to win the game. Tyler Seoul, Estill's seventh hitter hit one out in center. Powell trailed 5-3 going into the 7th. They rallied for 3 runs,to give them the 6-5 advantage. A base hit gave Estill the tie, and a granny wins the game. Sloppy seventh for both teams Estill had two errors, Powell ended up with three, unusual for both. Congrats to Estill.
whoo! go engineers!!!
oh, and its *sewell*
Smile
both teams came to play tonight congrats to the engineers, i hope you all do well againast lee tomorrow. powell you all had a great season, if im not mistaken powell had the best regular season record in the region. congrats on a great season, and good luck to the seniors!
good win for Estill. We played as hard as we could, and they beat us. I think it will be hard for anyone in the region to beat them. Perry will be the only one to come close, but I think Estill will pull it out. GOOD LUCK!!!
Congrats Estill
The Pirates had a great season! It just ended earlier than expected... To the seniors... you had many great games playing for Powell... You cant forget last year 14th Region Champs !!! Good luck in all you do...and for the remaining players... Good luck next year!!!
Gotta give props to Estill's bats. They put 8 on the board against Brewer earlier in the year, and then 10 on Benningfield last night. They're solid 1-9 with plenty of pop.
Alright Estill one but not easy. Sewell will never hit another grand slam again and prolly a HR but hey its over with and the pirates lost by luck. Great year Pirates and we'll see if the engineers can rock Brewer next year because i dont see it happening. But its alright beningfield you will be playing in a awsome D1 college.
orangefan07 Wrote:Alright Estill one but not easy. Sewell will never hit another grand slam again and prolly a HR but hey its over with and the pirates lost by luck. Great year Pirates and we'll see if the engineers can rock Brewer next year because i dont see it happening. But its alright beningfield you will be playing in a awsome D1 college.
A 79-81 mph fastball and hitting 7th on a HS team won't get much D-1 attention.
Big Congrats Estill!
Congrats to Estill, I don't see Beningfield playing for a D1 school, and certainly not an "awesome" D1 school.
With the exception of Lafayette and Clark Co, Estill is the best hitting team Powell played
all season they scored 8 on Brewer but the score was 4-0 Powell in the bottom of the 5th and two costly errors by Powell led to 5 unearned runs and three errors Tues. night by
Powell led to another 5 unearned.
I thought Estill was the team to beat in the region before the season started and I think they are still the team to beat no matter the outcome of the game against Lee.
Estill has the best number nine hitter I saw all year....good luck Estill.

[INDENT]
goinyard Wrote:Gotta give props to Estill's bats. They put 8 on the board against Brewer earlier in the year, and then 10 on Benningfield last night. They're solid 1-9 with plenty of pop.

[/INDENT]
goinyard Wrote:A 79-81 mph fastball and hitting 7th on a HS team won't get much D-1 attention.

Congrats to Estill.
Benningfield is an athlete that will be appreciated whereever he decides to attend college. His HS term is over but the time, talent and dedication he has given to his team, teammates, coaches and community will never be forgotten. He is a wonderful kid and there is no since in underestimating him in any area.
Tuesday night was the ending of his Senior year but the beginniing of a start at the same time, of a new beginning or chapter in his life. Benningfield played with heart and as he moves forward the same heart will lead the way. Powell County and his Coaches will never forget the fire that he has whether it is in his strength or in his heart.We love you kid and you set a great example at PCHS. Now take the talent you have, keep that chin up and KEEP moving forward. You are graduating HS and closing a chapter but never forget the door ahead of you that is awaiting to be opened.Only you carry the key to open it. Thank you for all you have given to your school and teammates and as you walk away from Powell County High School , I am sure you will always hear the echo..."THAT A KID"!
:howdy: GOODBYE FOR NOW #9.
BENNINGFIELD AT POWELL
Some would like to say that he is not a D1 player, living with the kid I'd have to say your wrong! Nothing for Bennin' has never been a given. He has work hard and played all heart! He leaves a team and their parents that he loves. To the ones that would say he is not good enough, tell me how many in the 14th has done what he has done this year? The only lose he had was the to Estill the other night, a worthy opponet. He had 35+ innings scoreless straight. When you make a comment like this your putting down not only him but our region, shame on you.I tell you this I have not missed a V- game and Corey is as true as they come. That is the thing about pitching is you can have a off night and it takes away all the good games you've had all year. To the teams left, play hard cause every dog has his day, so to speak. He shut done teams in the 15th too. So when you say he is not good enough to go, then who is? This is why I say nothing has been a given to play the game he loves, to the people that say he can't he has had to try to prove them wrong over and over. Corey in my opinion, you done well my Son! I know you'll read this Corey someday and I want you too know that it is not only the baseball player that I love but the Man that I am most proud of watching you become!!!! It is not over only just beginning! There is more games to play and watch. Good luck to the 14th region we will be cheering you on!

#9 YOU'VE MADE ALL OF US PROUD!!!!!!!!!
Billy Graham better not try to get D1 batters out with
a 80 mph fast ball. In other words, the quality of the
human being and the quality of the fastball are different
issues. Congratulations to the young man for a tremendous
high school career. I am sure that whatever school he goes
to to pitch in college will be the better for this kid coming
to their program. With that being said, it is one thing to
go up against 14th region hitters night after night; it's a
whole other beast at the D1 level, where every hitter was
probably the best hitter on their high school team.
Beningfield may be a great person, hard worker, and all the stuff you've just said and that's great he'll be rewarded for it in life, but that does not mean a D1 school will come calling. There are different levels for all players some can dominate in middle school, some in high school, others in college and the pro's. Beningfield was nearly lights out in the 14th region but that doesn't mean he's a D1 caliber player.
Powell played a great game, but unfortuantely Estill went home with the win..
Congrats to a great season Pirates..
and.. to the seniors.. Best of luck with everything.. We will miss you all.
I think benningfield can do it. In college pitchers dont have to be great hitters and he has proved to everyone that he can pitch. He lost one game and people are doughting him. But Powell also has a D-1 prospect next year Cory Brewer. He has enough power to hit HR's, solid base hits and is a great pitcher and the rumor is that he could be attending EKU to play
But Powell also has a D-1 prospect next year Cory Brewer. He has enough power to hit HR's, solid base hits and is a great pitcher and the rumor is that he could be attending EKU to play[/QUOTE]

Summer Camp or what at EKU?
I would love to see the Benningfield kid play anywhere. From what I hear is a great young man but D-1 is a stretch. I don't think the Brewer kid is D-1 either. Saw him play 4 or 5 times this year and he has to improve greatly to go D-1. I don't think the average person realizes the talent level it takes from a position player to play D-1 baseball. I don't think we have had a D-1 position player in the 14th region in over 10 years. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
I agree what next most people do not know what it takes to make it to a D-1 school...i agree i do not think that the 14th offers any division 1 athletes in baseball as well...and i dont see the big deal in going "D-1" anyways its just a name, the main thing is to further your education, im sorry but no one from the 14th from this year or from a long while in the past has made a living playing baseball, these kids need to get an education and stop worrying about the name of the school that they go to....besides if you go to a place like Morehead (Not downing the program, Coach J is a great guy who is being replaced but anyways) if you go to somewhere like Morehead there not even that good, yes they are a division one school that could be beat by many of the NAIA schools in Kentucky(Georgetown proved it, Cumberland, Campbelsville, Union, Spalding perhaps) all these teams could play right with them. Its not about the name just go to school play baseball and have a great time furthering your passion and your education.
RollEm97 Wrote:I agree what next most people do not know what it takes to make it to a D-1 school...i agree i do not think that the 14th offers any division 1 athletes in baseball as well...and i dont see the big deal in going "D-1" anyways its just a name, the main thing is to further your education, im sorry but no one from the 14th from this year or from a long while in the past has made a living playing baseball, these kids need to get an education and stop worrying about the name of the school that they go to....besides if you go to a place like Morehead (Not downing the program, Coach J is a great guy who is being replaced but anyways) if you go to somewhere like Morehead there not even that good, yes they are a division one school that could be beat by many of the NAIA schools in Kentucky(Georgetown proved it, Cumberland, Campbelsville, Union, Spalding perhaps) all these teams could play right with them. Its not about the name just go to school play baseball and have a great time furthering your passion and your education.
Agreed.
I would have to see that1C ongratulations Estill!!!!!!!
RollEm97 Wrote:I agree what next most people do not know what it takes to make it to a D-1 school...i agree i do not think that the 14th offers any division 1 athletes in baseball as well...and i dont see the big deal in going "D-1" anyways its just a name, the main thing is to further your education, im sorry but no one from the 14th from this year or from a long while in the past has made a living playing baseball, these kids need to get an education and stop worrying about the name of the school that they go to....besides if you go to a place like Morehead (Not downing the program, Coach J is a great guy who is being replaced but anyways) if you go to somewhere like Morehead there not even that good, yes they are a division one school that could be beat by many of the NAIA schools in Kentucky(Georgetown proved it, Cumberland, Campbelsville, Union, Spalding perhaps) all these teams could play right with them. Its not about the name just go to school play baseball and have a great time furthering your passion and your education.

Very good post. Baseball is not like other sports. The term D1 does not mean much for baseball as it does in football or basketball. D1 emcompasses an extremely wide spectrum. You have the Florida States and Miami's on one end and the Morehead's and Marshalls on the other end.

Anyways it's like you said kids should just go out and have a good time playing the game and learn to make something out of themselves via the text books.